Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I woke up in a daze in the middle of the night and am now trying to fall back asleep AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Raxivace posted:

I woke up in a daze in the middle of the night and am now trying to fall back asleep AMA

What game are you going to play to help you fall asleep?

May I suggest SOMA?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Games tend not to help me fall asleep so I try not to game when I'm tired.

Yes you may suggest SOMA. I'm not going to play it but I'm okay with you suggesting it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Apparently the company that runs Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Record Keeper got hacked and the hackers are demanding bitcoins.

What a world we live in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when i have insomnia i usually put on one of the hundreds of archived OTE shows because it's a win-win; either i fall asleep or i get to listen to something super interesting while i try

CJacobs posted:

precision has kindly gifted me his extra copies of Oxenfree and Shadow of Mordor! I am very excited to be a dick to my friends, then blow up some orcs with jedi mind tricks.

heck yeah man, Oxenfree is really great, it's basically "Night in the Woods x Kentucky Route Zero".

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh no, what will happen if they leak the source code for the final fantasy mobile games

what tragedy will befall if they leak the source code to the hit japanese mobage chain chronicle

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 22, 2017

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CJacobs posted:

Hell yeah, Painkiller rules and everyone should own it. :respek:

so Black is the one to play, while H&D, Redemption, Recurring Evil, and Overdose get relegated to "i also own these for some reason"?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i playing this game called freeways

it is fun

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Apparently the company that runs Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Record Keeper got hacked and the hackers are demanding bitcoins.

What a world we live in.

japanese executive: "what is this... i've seen this mask on a shirt before. it was worn by a 500lb otaku wandering in akihabara. what does this fat man want with 'bitten coins?' i know, i'll ask mr toriyama, he knows all about paying money to satisfy his biting fetish"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 22, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

i playing this game called freeways

it is fun

Yes I am also playing Cities Skylines

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Propaganda Hour posted:

What a world we live in.

launch the cyber yakuza

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I woke up at 5 am, which is better than yesterday's 4 am and the day before's 3 am.

Let's go for 6 am tomorrow :woop:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

I woke up at 5 am, which is better than yesterday's 4 am and the day before's 3 am.

Let's go for 6 am tomorrow :woop:

:yeah:

My dog let me sleep through the whole night tonight, which is fantastic! High-five for actually sleeping!

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I stopped smoking weed recently and I was anticipating having trouble sleeping but if anything the quality of sleep has went up and I feel great :shrug:

Then again I have also started running twice a week and drinking only water during the week so :yeah:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Awwwwwwwwww poo poo guys

It's finally on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/679770/Dr_Cares__Pet_Rescue_911/

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Macarius Wrench posted:

I stopped smoking weed recently and I was anticipating having trouble sleeping but if anything the quality of sleep has went up and I feel great :shrug:

Then again I have also started running twice a week and drinking only water during the week so :yeah:

Congratulations about the exercise and health, condolences on the weed.

Enjoy dreaming again though :smith:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Man I am so glad you said that because I have had some hosed up dreams the past few nights.

One I was on a train in Africa and when we got onto the platform to transfer to our next train a pride of lions was unleashed which started maulling passengers. I escaped and enquired about my lost luggage and was led on a 15 minute goose chase around the station before being left alone in a bathroom.

Then last night I dreamt some terrorists broke into my folks house, shot my dad dead, spared my mum and then set off a bomb in my old bedroom.

Post weed dreams are hosed up.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

homeless snail posted:

here's a sick psx jrpg (based on me playing the demo for it several times a million years ago and never playing the real thing): legend of legaia

Late to respond to this but this game genuinely owns. You enter fighting game inputs and can pull off fighting game moves in a turn based system. The magic is this weird mishmash of final fantasy summoning and pokemon where you can capture monsters you fight and then summon them for spells.

It was a dope game, it should be on PSN if it isn't already.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Propaganda Hour posted:

What a world we live in.

the hackers gave a bunch of free in-game currency to everyone playing their gacha games too lol . seize the means of production.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

can they hack and destroy the rest of them please

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hack into Dokkan Battle and get me some free stuff mr/mrs haxac

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 22, 2017

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Propaganda Hour posted:

What a world we live in.

SE recently praised Brave Exvius for heavily contributing to their mobile revenue this year.

Now everything is on fire.

Saint Freak posted:

Hack into Dokkan Battle and get me some free stuff mr/mrs haxac

I just want SSJ4 Gogeta's leader skill.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so what does one do if one buys a humble bundle and two of the games straight up don't launch at all for no reason i can even begin to discern? just take the $10 hit and be glad i got Beat Cop and Death Road to Canada? (the two games that won't run are RIVE and Neon Chrome, both of them when I click Launch just say "running" for a split second and then just stop)

also Dungeon Souls has terrible issues with controls

=\

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zaggitz posted:

Late to respond to this but this game genuinely owns. You enter fighting game inputs and can pull off fighting game moves in a turn based system. The magic is this weird mishmash of final fantasy summoning and pokemon where you can capture monsters you fight and then summon them for spells.

It was a dope game, it should be on PSN if it isn't already.

Yeah Legend of Legaia is great. The other thing that was incredible at the time is that the majority of your gear is actually represented on your characters, and they have some great designs for weapon and armor.

I can't stomach random battles anymore so it's hard to go back to, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Colonel posted:

oh no, what will happen if they leak the source code for the final fantasy mobile games

what tragedy will befall if they leak the source code to the hit japanese mobage chain chronicle

probably allow a bunch of exploits and poo poo that would cost the company tons of money

so a good thing basically

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Macarius Wrench posted:

Man I am so glad you said that because I have had some hosed up dreams the past few nights.

One I was on a train in Africa and when we got onto the platform to transfer to our next train a pride of lions was unleashed which started maulling passengers. I escaped and enquired about my lost luggage and was led on a 15 minute goose chase around the station before being left alone in a bathroom.

Then last night I dreamt some terrorists broke into my folks house, shot my dad dead, spared my mum and then set off a bomb in my old bedroom.

Post weed dreams are hosed up.

Just woke up at 1am after getting back from a sesh. Had the worst dream of watching a trailer for a new nightmare on elm street which my brain made gorier than 99% of the series.

Then of course the trailer became real in my dream eventually ending in me dying a gory death and waking up in a cold sweat.

Nightmares suck the more I grow older.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

What kind of weed are you all smoking that it gives you nightmares and poo poo? Weed makes my dreams 100% cooler.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
All this weed talk is making me want to smoke weed and I just got a text from a friend saying he's got some soapbar and I just can't be assed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah Legend of Legaia is great. The other thing that was incredible at the time is that the majority of your gear is actually represented on your characters, and they have some great designs for weapon and armor.

I can't stomach random battles anymore so it's hard to go back to, but it still holds a special place in my heart.
The in-battle character and equipment design is so colorful and detailed. The way that you can consistently string several moves a turn based on how much damage an enemy does to you, so you hit harder against strong enemies, really keeps you adjusting your move selection.
The overall slowness of the game is hard to get through, but an emulator takes care of that. You can finish random battles quickly by abusing summons, which makes the annoying boss battles easier to deal with. gently caress you, Tetsu. Not spending my credit card on you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've heard weed helps out with PTSD stuff. If I was able to get it legally and covered by insurance, then I imagine that'd be pretty useful if I could choose a non-smoking option like just...well, consuming it in something else lol

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Darkoni posted:

What kind of weed are you all smoking that it gives you nightmares and poo poo? Weed makes my dreams 100% cooler.

Weed makes me not dream at all. When i stop smoking I have vivid dreams again. Or I at least remember them.

Also there are weed candies/etc in most dispensaries I've been to

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that PUBG literally thinks they have a stranglehold on a generic battle royale mode and are willing to spend time and money suing Fortnite

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-22-pubg-devs-call-out-epic-over-fortnite-battle-royale-mode

Get used to it because the instant EA or Ubisoft makes a better version of the "100 man melee" mode, PUBG is going down the toilet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Get used to it because the instant EA or Ubisoft makes a better version of the "100 man melee" mode, PUBG is going down the toilet

Didn't people say this about minecraft?

You never know what'll manage to stick around and what won't. Don't count them out just yet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PUBG isn't just an indie project that made it big, it's a global phenomenon with the most concurrent players on planet earth.

Valve will probably buy the IP to continue their development of absolutely nothing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

You never know what'll manage to stick around and what won't. Don't count them out just yet.

People say that about anything that happens to be popular

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Minecraft only really blew up because nobody's ever made a better Minecraft. Minecraft was initially just a better Infiniminer, after all. :shrug:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
[quote="“exquisite tea”" post="“476654072”"]
PUBG isn’t just an indie project that made it big, it’s a global phenomenon with the most concurrent players on planet earth.

Valve will probably buy the IP to continue their development of absolutely nothing.
[/quote]

Yeah this is a very safe call I think. I can't imagine a game that's not DOTA or CS:GO staying at the top of the Steam charts for too long before Valve tries to buy it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Exploring in Hollow Knight feels so comfy. It's a much better exploration-platformer than an action game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

PUBG isn't just an indie project that made it big, it's a global phenomenon with the most concurrent players on planet earth.

Yeah, despite what a lot of people probably think, Bluehole isn't some scrappy little studio founded by Brendan Greene, it's a big, Korean MMO developer that's existed for a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nina posted:

Exploring in Hollow Knight feels so comfy. It's a much better exploration-platformer than an action game.

the atmosphere when you first enter city of tears and the music swells up as the elevator gets deeper is :discourse:

• Locked thread