Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I always think Jason Campbell's career is kind of sad and he could have been something with better coaching/luck. poo poo Washington years with washed up Joe Gibbs and whatever Jim Zorn was, he at least had Hue at Oakland (and those were probably his best years) but the roster was a complete mess, then he went to Chicago as a backup and Cleveland.

Like, that's a recipe to make Peyton Manning look like a poo poo quarterback.

Well that's going too far, but it's at least a recipe to ruin what might possibly have been an above average quarterback's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rivers at one point had a 13-4 record against Kansas City.

Then the last three years happened.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure he was on a 13-0 run against the raiders but then tyvon branch happened

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm not complaining at all but holy poo poo how did San Diego come away with not even appearing in a single Super Bowl during the LT/Rivers/Gates era?

loving seriously...how?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm not complaining at all but holy poo poo how did San Diego come away with not even appearing in a single Super Bowl during the LT/Rivers/Gates era?

loving seriously...how?

Marty was under some sort of gypsy curse in the playoffs. Then the Spanoses and AJ Smith took over from there and it was...well...over.

I still think Marty is the only guy who could lose a playoff game on a play where his team comes up with a huge interception.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

loving seriously...how?

Marlon McCree

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

“Anytime I get the ball I am going to try and score regardless," said McCree. "Troy Brown stripped it. He made a great play, and I was trying to make a big play. (In) hindsight I don't regret it because I would never try and just go down on the (ground). I want to score.”

Hahahahahahahaha

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It was the most painful loss I've ever watched as a Chargers fan. The fact that I had just moved back to California after a long term relationship ended probably didn't help.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The only thing that stopped me from jumping off a bridge after the Tampa Bay travesty were the Terry Tate Office Linebacker commercials!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen but it deserves to go in this thread.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen but it deserves to go in this thread.

This is really really really dumb and i laughed like an idiot

Then I watched this-

http://derekcarrmusic.com/#two

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 21, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Rivers at one point had a 13-4 record against Kansas City.

Then the last three years happened.

There is a San Diego reporter that is doing a story about all the San Diego Charger fans who are becoming Chief fans.

one of us one of us

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah because theres only one of them

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now that the Raiders and Chiefs are both good again I wonder how many fans will die when they play at Arrowhead?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Now that the Raiders and Chiefs are both good again I wonder how many fans will die when they play at Arrowhead?

I intend to do my part. :ese:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Black Sunshine posted:

“Anytime I get the ball I am going to try and score regardless," said McCree. "Troy Brown stripped it. He made a great play, and I was trying to make a big play. (In) hindsight I don't regret it because I would never try and just go down on the (ground). I want to score.”

Hahahahahahahaha
what a loving retard

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

It was the most painful loss I've ever watched as a Chargers fan. The fact that I had just moved back to California after a long term relationship ended probably didn't help.

Do you think the Chargers would have beaten the Colts?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Absolutely

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I do. That Chargers team was really loving good, defense was their weak point and the D was still pretty good. Way better than the Colts at the least.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Chargers had home field advantage throughout those playoffs. They would have beaten the Colts.

Nov 6, 2002

I dunno. A Patriots offense featuring Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and the ghost of Troy Brown beat the Chargers. You think the Chargers defense would have been able to handle prime Manning, Harrison, Wayne and Clark?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chargers ran a 3-4 that year, didn't they? Manning struggled against 3-4 defenses

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I dunno. A Patriots offense featuring Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and the ghost of Troy Brown beat the Chargers. You think the Chargers defense would have been able to handle prime Manning, Harrison, Wayne and Clark?

24 points when you're kind of gifted 7 isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. Plus that San Diego team was pretty well equipped to win a shootout.

And the Pats looked way better offensively against eventual champion Colts, who by the way were the #2 scoring offense that year. To the Chargers.

e: poo poo, 492 to 427 after checking. So the Chargers were the best scoring offense by a full 65 points over the #2 team in the league.

I guess that's nothing compared to what the Pats did the next year but they weren't hatefucking the Redskins and whoever else for petty reasons with the best offense ever. This was a Marty coached team.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 21, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers never ever had a problem with the Manning Colts. The pass rush was exceptional, Tomlinson was in God mode. They would have smoked Indianapolis.

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

24 points when you're kind of gifted 7 isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. Plus that San Diego team was pretty well equipped to win a shootout.

And the Pats looked way better offensively against eventual champion Colts, who by the way were the #2 scoring offense that year. To the Chargers.

e: poo poo, 492 to 427 after checking. So the Chargers were the best scoring offense by a full 65 points over the #2 team in the league.

I guess that's nothing compared to what the Pats did the next year but they weren't hatefucking the Redskins and whoever else for petty reasons with the best offense ever. This was a Marty coached team.

The reasons weren't petty. :colbert:

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers never ever had a problem with the Manning Colts.

Yeah, I guess you're right about that - now that I think back to when they did play.

It's pretty amazing to consider how much that stripped ball changed the future of that franchise. Chargers could have gone on to win the Super Bowl. Then there's no way Marty is fired - at least not for a couple of years. And who knows what they could have done with that roster and competent coaching.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

It's pretty amazing to consider how much that stripped ball changed the future of that franchise. Chargers could have gone on to win the Super Bowl. Then there's no way Marty is fired - at least not for a couple of years. And who knows what they could have done with that roster and competent coaching.

Instead...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
God drat we make some of the ugliest poo poo (and still buy it)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Broncos gear is still better looking than Chiefs gear. We have the ugliest gear in the AFCW.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers used to give the Manning Colts fits because they matched up perfectly against them, pretty much. On offense you have an o-line who's main speciality was run blocking and just physically outmuscling most front 7s for LdT, and Indy always run undersized defenses based on speed because they want to get the ball back in Manning's hands as soon as possible. Defensively they were big and nasty on d-line - Jamal Williams was one of the best noses in the league, Castillo and Olshansky were solid 3-4 ends - and fast and athletic at outside rusher between Merriman/Phillips. Donnie Edwards was great at coverage and Randall Godfrey was a vicious run thumper.

I mean the Colts lost in '07 and '08 against essentially weaker versions of those Chargers teams - with the caveat that Rivers and other players like Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd etc got significant better in '08. So even with Bob Sanders, i'd still say the Colts would've gotten thumped.

The real AFCCG that year should've been a Baltimore/SD rematch at Qualcomm anyway.

Black Sunshine posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

McCree was the dumbest piece of poo poo to ever wear a Charger uniform. gently caress that guy.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

gotta go to work

raiders have the best gear

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://streamable.com/s1b9l

:allears:

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

This was some big drama show and deserves some kind of sad music going on the background.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Durandal1707 posted:

The Chargers used to give the Manning Colts fits because they matched up perfectly against them, pretty much. On offense you have an o-line who's main speciality was run blocking and just physically outmuscling most front 7s for LdT, and Indy always run undersized defenses based on speed because they want to get the ball back in Manning's hands as soon as possible. Defensively they were big and nasty on d-line - Jamal Williams was one of the best noses in the league, Castillo and Olshansky were solid 3-4 ends - and fast and athletic at outside rusher between Merriman/Phillips. Donnie Edwards was great at coverage and Randall Godfrey was a vicious run thumper.

drat dude not even mentioning Cromartie.

Still not sure how a team can pick off Manning 6 times and barely hold on to win, including benefiting from a Vinatieri shank.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

drat dude not even mentioning Cromartie.

Still not sure how a team can pick off Manning 6 times and barely hold on to win, including benefiting from a Vinatieri shank.

Cromartie barely played at all in 2006.

That 6 INT game was the weirdest game I've ever attended

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah Cro didn't do anything in '06. I forget if he was recovering from the knee injury from college or if he wasn't far enough along crack the corner rotation yet.

He was weird in SD, had the mega-interception season in '07 and generally spent a lotta time sucking. His problem was that the Chargers mainly played zone under Fat Ted and Ron Rivera and he wasn't a zone corner at all. He didn't have a huge INT season after 07 but he generally got a lot better after the Chargers traded him to New York.

I remember the offense playing like poo poo in the '07 regular season game, basically. That's why that game was close.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 23, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/911681606145863683

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Just cut him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
That sucks. He's a game changer when he's healthy but he's essentially lost two seasons in a row to knee injuries.

• Locked thread