Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Xander77 posted:

It wasn't even her shoe.

I didn't know that. It makes the whole thing even more petty / hilarious. Jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cock Soup posted:

When Hillary fainted during the campaign, she left a shoe behind. The shoe has become shorthand for Hillary is old, frail, and weak.

Meanwhile, Trump needed a golf cart to schlep his fat rear end to the photo op at the G7 Summit.

Also, the only cartoon Garrison has done since Shoeghazi that has had Hillary in it without the loose shoe is when he defended Melania being mocked for the stilettos she wore on the way to the Houston flooding.

I mean for him, that's an impressive amount of self-awareness.

Also found this on Pope's twitter:
https://twitter.com/NeilMcMahon/status/911119780207149056

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/911271231369781248

https://twitter.com/Ibogate/status/911143505006927873

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Oh lol, I forgot about the time Hillary had a cold, and was thus labeled unfit to be president.

I'm starting to think Republicans are really dumb and petty.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Is it in her book how she lied about being sick, giving her opponents an opportunity to speculate that she had Parkinson's?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

BarbarianElephant posted:

Astonishingly, she seems to have bounced back from her deathbed in order to go on a book tour less than a year later.

A good time for :umberto:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

BarbarianElephant posted:

Astonishingly, she seems to have bounced back from her deathbed in order to go on a book tour less than a year later.

I'm shocked someone hasn't started called it an Obama conspiracy to make Conservatives look bad.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So did Fifty Shades of Grey, what's your point

It's currently projected to out sell Art of the Deal's lifetime sales, so there's that irony.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

If she constantly brings this up to angers donnie and have him force his lovely book on people I'll let Hillary grab all the cash she wants until Trump drops dead from rage.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The hilldawg sucks at being cool, she probably won't.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

we don't deserve Ward Sutton

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm shocked someone hasn't started called it an Obama conspiracy to make Conservatives look bad.
I imagine if anyone brought it up, the excuse would be that she was too sick to be president, and thus she'll be fine in a civilian role.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Do it fucker, execute that tree I guess! (???)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Do it fucker, execute that tree I guess! (???)

He's supposed to be putting it out of its misery like it's a sick dog or a horse that broke its leg or something

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Florida man doesn't seem to have got the point of fruit tree farming.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Race riots?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Charlottesville, I guess. I'd like to assume he means white people were the "race" that was rioting, because that was what actually happened. But that race never seems to "count" as a race for some reason.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I've been listening to the Dollop podcast long enough to know that Race riot means: "black people were protesting so white people started killing them".

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
By "race riots" he means St. Louis, where Black Lives Matter supporters have been protesting a cop who was found innocent for killing a black man who he planted a gun on.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gonna be hard to put that tree out of it's misery when your gun doesn't have a hammer.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Actually, to get way too into it, the herbivores would be the minorites, right? Judy gets heavily discriminated against because she is not the "right race", and is begrudging let in on a tight leash. All the people in actual power are predators (aside from the police chief who gets by on being swole I guess). Eventually the books get turned on the predators and revolution comes but up until then the predators were doing relatively well for themselves.

Anyways what I'm saying is Zootopia is about reverse racism, peace

Nah, that's not right. The only predator I remember in a position of power was the mayor, and Barack Obama being president didn't mean there was no anti-black racism. The stereotype of the predators was that they were physically powerful but also prone to violence, similar to what racists say about "strapping young bucks." There were more species than races, so they don't map one-to-one, but if I had to I'd say Judy was sort of like an Asian girl who was expected to be demure and soft-spoken. But like I said, it's not a perfect analogy, nor was it intended to be.

loquacius posted:

He's saying gerrymandering is bad, which is correct, but he's portraying it as this non-partisan corrupting force, which it's definitely not

Like, I'm not of the opinion Democrats wouldn't use gerrymandering as a weapon themselves if they could, because they probably would, but they can't, so it's still super disingenuous to imply this is a Both Sides problem

Gerrymandering is done at the state level. Look at maps in Illinois or Maryland and you'll see both sides do it. On balance it's better for Republicans, but Democrats aren't clean on this one.

darthbob88 posted:

AFAIK just about everybody is OK with public roads because they benefit from those roads, in ways that not everybody benefits from libraries and schools. I'm hesitant to throw the word around so glibly, but yeah, the American right are sociopaths and narcissists, who refuse to pay for anything that doesn't (immediately and directly) benefit them.

I don't need my taxes going to rural roads, I live in the city! The only driving I need to do is to the grocery store, where they grow my food.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

loquacius posted:

He's supposed to be putting it out of its misery like it's a sick dog or a horse that broke its leg or something

Yeah but that's stupid

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Political cartoons 2017: Yeah but that's stupid

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

Nah, that's not right.
It's almost like the whole point of the Zootopia herbivore-predator relationship is to make a point about discrimination and stereotyping that wouldn't map to real world racial discrimination and stereotyping on a 1:1 basis.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Xander77 posted:

It's almost like the whole point of the Zootopia herbivore-predator relationship is to make a point about discrimination and stereotyping that wouldn't map to real world racial discrimination and stereotyping on a 1:1 basis.

Yes, that is the point. Thank you for stating the obvious.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

Yes, that is the point. Thank you for stating the obvious.
Thank you for "it's not a perfect analogy, but I think rabbits are Asian people"?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Political cartoons 2017: Yeah but that's stupid

Please change the thread name to this .

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How the gently caress can this be getting uglier!? Isn't there some ugliness singularity it should've hit by now!?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Thank you for "it's not a perfect analogy, but I think rabbits are Asian people"?

I said that if you were determined to make it match up, that might work, but it's a poor analogy. This was as a response to someone saying "there can't be prejudice against predators because there's also prejudice against rabbits." My point was that in both humans and cartoon animals there are more than two categories.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh
What a surprise
Not a single whiff of THE ACTUAL loving NAZIS THAT WERE MARCHING.

Christ i would have much less problems with the right if they werent goddamn cowardly shits with more conviction than principle.

Whaddya mean, he's right there, wrongly imprisoning the Antifa guy?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

How the gently caress can this be getting uglier!? Isn't there some ugliness singularity it should've hit by now!?

And what the gently caress is he on about? Kids these days? Some gizmo?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MrUnderbridge posted:

And what the gently caress is he on about? Kids these days? Some gizmo?

This is so petty I'm guessing that those are supposed to be young realitives who didn't want to spend time with his hateful rear end on his birthday or someone's birthday, kind of like how the majority of Freepers have estranged themselves from their kids and families, so he made them into strawmen for his comics. It's so out of the blue yet oddly specific like a Kelly cartoon is

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Crabtree posted:

If she constantly brings this up to angers donnie and have him force his lovely book on people I'll let Hillary grab all the cash she wants until Trump drops dead from rage.
His supporters would start buying a bunch of copies.

Actually that'd still be funny.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Walker posted:

His supporters would start buying a bunch of copies.

Actually that'd still be funny.

And he'd hike the price too so they'd be paying like 3 times the regular price for his garbage rag of a book.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump (in his speech to the U.N.): “The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime.”

Rocket Man (in his speech responding to Trump): “I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

CNN adds that North Korea’s foreign minister suggested a possible hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific might be in order.

The NYT has the full text of Kim Jong Un’s response to Trump’s U.N. threat here:

The speech made by the U.S. president in his maiden address on the U.N. arena in the prevailing serious circumstances, in which the situation on the Korean Peninsula has been rendered tense as never before and is inching closer to a touch-and-go state, is arousing worldwide concern.

Shaping the general idea of what he would say, I expected he would make stereotyped, prepared remarks a little different from what he used to utter in his office on the spur of the moment as he had to speak on the world’s biggest official diplomatic stage.

But, far from making remarks of any persuasive power that can be viewed to be helpful to defusing tension, he made unprecedented rude nonsense one has never heard from any of his predecessors.

A frightened dog barks louder.

I’d like to advise Trump to exercise prudence in selecting words and to be considerate of whom he speaks to when making a speech in front of the world.

The mentally deranged behavior of the U.S. president openly expressing on the U.N. arena the unethical will to “totally destroy” a sovereign state, beyond the boundary of threats of regime change or overturn of social system, makes even those with normal thinking faculty think about discretion and composure.

His remarks remind me of such words as “political layman” and “political heretic” which were in vogue in reference to Trump during his presidential election campaign.

After taking office Trump has rendered the world restless through threats and blackmail against all countries in the world. He is unfit to hold the prerogative of supreme command of a country, and he is surely a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician.

His remarks which described the U.S. option through straightforward expression of his will have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last.

Now that Trump has denied the existence of and insulted me and my country in front of the eyes of the world and made the most ferocious declaration of a war in history that he would destroy the D.P.R.K. [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea], we will consider with seriousness exercising of a corresponding, highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history.

Action is the best option in treating the dotard who, hard of hearing, is uttering only what he wants to say.

As a man representing the D.P.R.K. and on behalf of the dignity and honor of my state and people and on my own, I will make the man holding the prerogative of the supreme command in the U.S. pay dearly for his speech calling for totally destroying the D.P.R.K.

This is not a rhetorical expression loved by Trump.

I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue.

Whatever Trump might have expected, he will face results beyond his expectation.

I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Except for the last line I can't disagree with anything Kim said.

That's Donny's power, to get people to agree with things most awful people in the world say.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Swing and a miss. Jimmy Kimmel enters room with flashlight. It's dark. Uh oh, there are guys in here doing bad things! They are.....eating paper? Labeled "Graham-Cassidy?"

The thing Jimmy is discovering could afford to be more impactful, more clear.

• Locked thread