Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Nate RFB posted:

The thing with claws is that there will be, eventually, a fairly steady stream of them basically every event going forward.

yeah also this, you may hate claws now but you'll be more upset over secret gems later

gudaguda has TWENTY claws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fish Cake posted:

gacha status: i have never pulled a 4-star that isn't stheno

Don’t worry: for three months on the japanese server I had only the tutorial and the welfare 4-stars. And then, on Christmas Eve, I rolled Merlin.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I am a weak person. I told myself I wouldn't roll until Scathach gets added to the game, but the Nero banner was too tempting for me. I tried to roll for her during Nero Fest and got absolutely nothing from that banner. About 90 quartz got me my second Elizabeth and a lot of 3* CE and I was feeling very disappointed in myself for being so impulsive, but then the very last roll gave me a Vlad.

Still hope I get Nero at some point, but can't really complain about getting stupidly lucky. Welp, back to saving Quartz.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I saw someone with a level 90 Altera, and from my recent life of having Altera, I know that there's nowhere do get those horseshoes you need yet, so did this guy just grail her or was there an event with centaurs or what?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I think there were some in the Nerofest store.

I'm weak and wanted Nero and was punished by Jing Ke's, Robin Hoods and Romulus. :(

I've logged in at least every day to get bonuses and i still get absolutely trashed in the gacha. Just hit 75 logins and got myself an extra 10 quartz and am back to nothing.

At least I got a few more mana prisms out of burning black keys and dupes of Jing Ke, Medusa and Medea. So when the end of the month comes I can get 5 more summon tickets and waste those on more black keys.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

I saw someone with a level 90 Altera, and from my recent life of having Altera, I know that there's nowhere do get those horseshoes you need yet, so did this guy just grail her or was there an event with centaurs or what?

You can't grail unless you've already hit max ascension, and there were horseshoes as a nerofest reward.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

That solves that mystery, I didn't start playing until orion event so I missed that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Is she good then? I managed to upgrade her to level 10.

There's a bunch of videos of her soloing a lot of the events thanks to her kit. She's unkillable if you play her right.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Marogareh posted:

There's a bunch of videos of her soloing a lot of the events thanks to her kit. She's unkillable if you play her right.

Cool, how do I do that? I guess I could practice while I'm murdering the french or whatever the story wants me to do.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Double merlin + Jalter buster crit = :vince:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Cool, how do I do that? I guess I could practice while I'm murdering the french or whatever the story wants me to do.

Just gotta level her up and go all in on her second skill. Her first skill is a weak heal so you can level that after you get stuck on the second. The problem is that she eats a ton of phoenix feathers but hopefully Okeanos will slightly help with that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Merlin make mvp

But he also mvp

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I had some down time this afternoon and that wiki was one hell of a trip. One thing I think I've retained from all that was that King Arthur, who is a lady, has a daughter, who is a clone of herself, with her twin sister. And also some times she falls in mud and becomes evil and that's why I had to kill her in the first chapter of this game's story?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's it.

Now just figure out who you want to marry and you're golden.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I guess I want to collect all of the sword ladies? I actually like the weapon designs in this game. It's like pokemon. Gotta catch them all. But apparently I already missed one or several due to not playing the game early enough or something so. :effort: Too bad there aren't any heracles variations. I could use more of him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So I had some down time this afternoon and that wiki was one hell of a trip. One thing I think I've retained from all that was that King Arthur, who is a lady, has a daughter, who is a clone of herself, with her twin sister. And also some times she falls in mud and becomes evil and that's why I had to kill her in the first chapter of this game's story?

just read the vn

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They're all still around in the gatcha, just their rate-up events are over. There was a thing where you could straight up pick one of the 4* starters, I think that's over with though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you can do it for free

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and you'll have a good time!!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
VN + read = good

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

a kitten posted:

They're all still around in the gatcha, just their rate-up events are over. There was a thing where you could straight up pick one of the 4* starters, I think that's over with though.

I hope they do it again, then.

Stairmaster posted:

just read the vn

:effort:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

a kitten posted:

Orion isn't, and Nero and Salter are story locked, so you can only pull them on rate ups (or out of the story gacha, don't pull the story gacha).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nuebot posted:

And also some times she falls in mud and becomes evil and that's why I had to kill her in the first chapter of this game's story?

Yes, and the mud is the contents of the Holy Grail, that is the wishes of humanity, however those wishes are basically all greedy and self serving because humanity, and also during the third of Fuyuki's Holy Grail Wars one faction of Wizards tried to cheat the system by summoning the literal embodiment of all of humanity's evil and sins unfortunately for those wizards (and future grail wars) that servant was actually rather poo poo and died easily, however since he was conceptual evil given form when the holy grail absorbed him to fuel its wish making mojo it basically absorbed PURE EEEEVVIIIIL and now the Fuyuki grail is horribly corrupt and twists every wish as horribly as it can, which isn't hard since as stated, most of humanity's wishes are not made with the best intentions.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Orion isn't, and Nero and Salter are story locked, so you can only pull them on rate ups (or out of the story gacha, don't pull the story gacha).

Ah whoops.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

a kitten posted:

Now just figure out who you want to marry and you're golden.

Well, that's easy. Meltlilith already comes with a giant white dress, and she can be walked down the aisle by your two moms. That's like half the ceremony already ready to go.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love that the strongest np in the game is caesar's (robin hood's is strongest but his damage is conditional)

keep in mind that this is for na though, so ushi will take his crown

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That reminds me: i've finally been playing around with Robin now that i have some spare archer xp to feed him and he is indeed a lot of fun. Not that i've tried anything particularly challenging, but Yew Bow does really hit like a truck doesn't it?

I was also inspired to check him out from this
https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/arts-spamfest
in particular and that site in general.

I don't know enough about the game to really nitpick it or anything, but i love that it gives reasons why those characters work well together and what kinds of CEs are good for various Servants too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yew bow is one of the strongest NPs even in JP. This is a function of A) him being 3*, so he's got NP5, B) his decent attack stat, and C) his np having 'conditional' damage, which is always very high, but his conditional being super easy to fulfill and him being able to satisfy it himself.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

i love that the strongest np in the game is caesar's (robin hood's is strongest but his damage is conditional)

keep in mind that this is for na though, so ushi will take his crown

I'm curious how this chart would look if you included the JP servants too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Demiya, Kuro, and Squirtoria would all be very high, especially Kuro

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Poor Spartacus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Summer Artoria and Meltlilith both havei ncredibly high damage mods but a lot of the 3*s still rank very highly. FGO doesnt really have that much power creep. NP5 Kuro (Kuro is a welfare) does similar damage to Robin Hood when he's hitting his conditional. Kuro has no conditional.

That said the current strongest NP in JP is Scathach against a target that is both divine and undead, but that's a condition only one event boss fulfills, as far as I'm aware. Admittedly, it's an event boss you grind like a motherfucker when that event is going, but still, she breaks 100000 damage with no other buffs against a target like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Poor Spartacus

technically he does more damage than the people with non-damaging NPs!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Jalter, Scathach, Brynhildr and Swimsuit Alter would all be above Robin, I believe. Also Rider Kintoki and Saber Liz if you change the assumptions to let them be NP5?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Jalter, Scathach, Brynhildr and Swimsuit Alter would all be above Robin, I believe. Also Rider Kintoki and Saber Liz if you change the assumptions to let them be NP5?
brynhildr isn't above robin if she isn't hitting one of her Beloveds

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Poor Spartacus, more like Poor Vlad, 5* Berserker that deals the second lowest single target damage!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Poor Spartacus, more like Poor Vlad, 5* Berserker that deals the second lowest single target damage!

Probably because Vlad's NP does lower damage than the norm for Arts NP for some reason (600% vs. 900%), and even after his Interlude in London it just puts him back up to the standard 900%.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

brynhildr isn't above robin if she isn't hitting one of her Beloveds

I'm going by this, which has her standard NP1 damage higher than Robin's NP5 100% damage with poison.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm going by this, which has her standard NP1 damage higher than Robin's NP5 100% damage with poison.
ah, I think that includes Brny's recent interlude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my brain read that image as Sabers instead of Berserkers for some reason, I'm dumb