Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Which is, you know, odd given that's a term created by Trumpers to label themselves.

What if, deep down, the Nazis really do know that they're acting and speaking like Nazis? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cumshitter posted:

its sad but i guess someone had to touch the nazi stove to figure out that its hot. never gonna happen to me, at least

"so, Mr. Cumshitter. Great resume, but I was googling your name and apparently you retain at least a liter of semen in your rear end at all times? Is this a medical condition?"

tru, but i think maybe the grifters who keep screw the kids over should be branded too. like with a hot iron or acid in their face

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

im still catching up on thursday's posts but:

Gandalf was a fighter with 18 int.

quote:

Gandalf lied, he was no wizard. He was clearly a high level fighter that had put points in the Use Magic Device skill allowing him to wield a staff of wizardry. All of his magic spells he cast were low level, easily explained by his ring of spell storing and his staff. For such an epic level wizard he spent more time fighting than he did casting spells. He presented himself as this angelic demigod, when all he was a fighter with carefully crafted PR.

His combat feats were apparent. He has proficiency in the long sword, but he also is a trained dual weapon fighter. To have that level of competency to wield both weapons you are looking at a dexterity of at least 17, coupled with the Monkey Grip feat to be able to fight with a quarter staff one handed in his off hand at that. Three dual weapon fighting feats, monkey grip, and martial weapon proficiency would take up 5 of his 7 feats as a wizard, far too many to be an effective build. That's why when he faced a real wizard like Sarumon, he got stomped in a magic duel. He had taken no feats or skills useful to a wizard. If he had used his sword he would have carved up Sarumon without effort.

The spells he casts are all second level or less. He casts spook on Bilbo to snap him out his ring fetish. When he's trapped on top of Isengard an animal messenger spell gets him help. Going into Moria he uses his staff to cast light. Facing the Balrog all he does is cast armor. Even in the Two Towers his spells are limited. Instead of launching a fireball into the massed Uruk Hai he simply takes 20 on a nature check to see when the sun will crest the hill and times his charge appropriately. Sarumon braced for a magic duel over of the body of Theodin, which Gandalf gets around with a simple knock on the skull. Since Sarumon has got a magic jar cast on Theodin, the wizard takes the full blow as well breaking his concentration. Gandalf stops the Hunters assault on him by parrying two missile weapons, another fighter feat, and then casting another first level spell in heat metal. Return of the King has Gandalf using light against the Nazgul and that is about it. When the trolls, orcs and Easterlings breach the gates of Minos Tiroth does he unload a devastating barrage of spells at the tightly pack foes? No, he charges a troll and kills it with his sword. That is the action of a fighter, not a wizard.

Look at how he handled the Balrog, not with sorcery but with skill. The Balrog approached and Gandalf attempts to intimidate him, clearly a fighter skill. After uses his staff to cast armor, a first level spell, Gandalf then makes a engineering check, another fighter skill, to see that the bridge will not support the Balrog's weight. When the Balrog took a step, the bridge collapsed under its weight. Gandalf was smart enough to know the break point, and positioned himself just far enough back not to go down with the Balrog. The Balrog's whip got lucky with a critical hit knocking Gandalf off balance. The whole falling part was due to a lack of over sight on behalf of the party, seriously how does a ranger forget to bring a rope? Gandalf wasn't saved by divine forces after he hit the bottom, he merely soaked up the damage because he was sitting on 20d10 + constitution bonus worth of hit points.

So why the subterfuge? Because it was the perfect way to lure in his enemies. Everybody knows in a fight to rush the wizard before he can do too much damage. But if the wizard is actually an epic level fighter, the fools rush to their doom. Gandalf, while not a wizard, is extremely intelligent. He knows how his foes would respond. Nobody wants to face a heavily armored dwarf, look at Gimli's problem finding foes to engage in cave troll fight. But an unarmored wizard? That's the target people seek out, before he can use his firepower on you. If the wizard turns out to actually be a high level fighter wearing robes, then he's already in melee when its his turn and can mop the floor with the morons that charged him. So remember fighters, be like Gandalf. Fight smarter, not harder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3jpksw/gandalf_was_really_just_fighter_with_int18/

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

thanks i have submitted a question

ask about the piss tape

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

So there's this vid going viral on the far-right web claiming that Antifa has set a date for an "anti-white civil war". Militia groups apparently are taking it very seriously and have sent out the following email:

quote:

"Rest assured ANTIFA!

The Sheepdogs are watching you! 200 million weapons in this country. 12 trillion rounds of ammunition, and we grow stronger and more outraged every day! You want to destroy the evil white race??? We have news for you! The Sheepdogs come in all colors, all ages, all religions, men and women. We have one mind. We love our country, and we want it back!

You will never know who we are. You will never know where we are. It could be the grand mother sitting next to you on a bus, the mother walking down the street with her kids, the elderly man mowing his yard. The student next to you in college, the middle aged couple watching you march in protest, the barber that cuts your hair, the grocer that carries out your groceries. It could even be the people running from you, as you chase them down the block.

How do you know that these supposed scared victims are really victims??? They may be bait luring you into an ambush? How do you know that that group of people you are chasing could be leading you, herding you like cattle, into a dead end blind alley or abandoned building where they will suddenly turn on you, and put an end to your criminal ways???

We have already infiltrated your movement. Can you really trust your fellow protestor standing next to you? He or she may not be who or what you think they are! Are you sure they won't suddenly turn on you at some point???
Isn’t it disturbing to know that you are constantly under surveillance??? We are gathering intel on you and will use it against you. We will create panic in your ranks and fear in your hearts! We will cause you to turn on each other like animals.
We have infiltrated your training. We know your plans. We know your methods.
Hope you enjoy looking over your shoulder! The sheepdogs are ALWAYS watching, waiting for you to make your move. We are Patriots. We are the new Minute Men. We will defend the flock.
Little Children, you know not what you want, or ask…
A dire warning for you ANTIFA… We plead with you with tears in our eyes!
Do not be so foolish!
Do not start a Civil War!
If you do, we will guarantee you this one thing… We will come for you. There will be no rules of combat. There will be nowhere for you to run, nowhere for you to hide. If you attack us, or those like us, you will lie upon the earth until you are buried in it. Civil War is a terrible thing. But, sometimes the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of both Tyrants and Patriots.
A Proud Deplorable Patriot…"

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/911302491089682432

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Bullfrog posted:

So there's this vid going viral on the far-right web claiming that Antifa has set a date for an "anti-white civil war". Militia groups apparently are taking it very seriously and have sent out the following email:

what's the date?? i don't want to miss it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

I'd they're the sheepdogs, who are the sheep? Am I close if I say it's the people described in those 14 nazi words?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bullfrog posted:

12 trillion rounds of ammunition, that's what, 10 or 100 billion rounds per antifa?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bullfrog posted:

ahahahahahaha how many times are these dumbasses going to infiltrate themselves thinking the other is antifa

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

ijzer posted:

what's the date?? i don't want to miss it.

Same here - need to put it on my calendar.

10:00 - pay bills
12:30 - lunch - Thai!
2:15 - dentist appointment
4:00 - civil war
7:30 - make cold brew coffee for tomorrow

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy77IGsBFc

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

safely sodomized posted:

the alt right are people who grew up jerking off to hentai on /d/

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Rick Wilson Was Right

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bullfrog posted:

i'm the antifa training camp

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
im the 'to:' line with nothing in it

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
sending a letter to antifa like a kid sending a letter to santa

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/911209732060233728

remember when people thought assange was left wing? lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

isnt that a fake account

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Al! posted:

isnt that a fake account

@JulianAssange is his account iirc, the fake ones are all misspelled variants

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

it's pretty hosed up that all these kids following rich grifters have basically branded themselves as nazis forever before the age of 25 because of the internet, probably loving up many aspects of their personal, academic, and professional lives for decades to come. i can't imagine all of them will be able to remain on wingnut welfare forever

Good thing there's an easy and inevitable fix for this wingnut welfare crisis

H Y P E R N O R M A L I Z A T I O N

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm the antifa training camp

Those are real, I know somebody who went to one.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah its new thing antifa invented mostly involving getting drunk in the woods. i think they call it "camping"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

a lot of people went to college

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
More futzing over this rally:

quote:

First off, I was at Charlottesville and it was great.

BUT it was sloppy af, naive, and, ultimately, we could have and should have capitalized on the moment we were presented. We had the opportunity to do the "civil disobedience" thing... and the organizers, particularly Spencer, dropped the ball and told everyone to leave immediately. I remember as it was happening thinking, "We should all just sit down and refuse to leave." But that's one Literally-Who? in a group of thousands. In fact, there were others who must have had the idea: I heard chants of "We won't leave!" or something similar.

Plus, Charlottesville was clearly not the best place to have such an event.

Additionally, and this just occurred to me reading this thread, the name "Cantwell" hasn't been spoken by Richard Spencer publicly. Ever. (As far as I know.) So, I feel a little sick to my stomach reading this and thinking, "Richard Spencer wants more of our guys to go into a clearly volatile situation, where arrests will be made, where violence will occur, where people could die... and he hasn't even said a word about Cantwell?" We already have people paying dearly for some strategic mistakes (very liberal city, announcing months in advance, etc) that could have been avoided. So, from a relative outsider's perspective, it leads me to believe he doesn't care about the smaller fish who may get fried so long as he has his publicity shoot.

And let's not kid ourselves. Spencer is definitely helping to organize these things. Weev's right that he's just getting other people, Literally-Whos?, to claim they're chief organizer... and oh Spencer just happens to be headlining.

On the other hand, I am not willing to say we should be done with Spencer. But we have to realize that Richard Spencer is full of himself, is a rich guy with little to lose in the way the vast majority of us have things to lose, loves attention, etc. We have to make sure Spencer isn't out there doing wildly stupid things for his own PR stunts.

I'm surprised weev didn't bring up the Hungarian incident. Spencer loves this story where he was arrested in Hungary and deported. But there's a different side of this story as well... he knew about the government of Hungary cracking down on the event and kept it from people so they would all still show up. People lost money, of course, but it could have been far worse. Spencer got his "cool story, bro" moment.

Anti-Com, by the way, is a funny group. Some of the first people my group met while we were down there were Anti-Com. Very nice, helped us get out to McIntyre Park. But they're strangely Alt-Lite, Civ Nat. If you see in the pics from C-Ville the short Indian guy? That's one of the guys from Anti-Com. I don't know how they justify doing all this stuff for Richard Spencer since they're civ nat, but again I am concerned that all involved are just looking for confrontation for publicity.

quote:

This event would deflate without Richard. And yes, Richard and his cohorts are almost certainly organizing this event and it will serve as a press opportunity. That's my interpretation. He's a press hound and probably doesn't care about the little people.

Naive young men, at the beginning or their academic and professional careers, will be drawn into this hornet's nest and lose everything.

As others have pointed out, along with myself, he has not said word one regarding Cantwell (who I don't care for but deserves some outreach) or the more sympathetic legal casualties of Charlottesville. He promptly disowned Kessler before the infamous tweet during a press conference, using him as the fall guy for the event, while focusing on personal press coverage. Kessler's an idiot and dubious, but still. He was clearly used as a patsy, a fall guy, and afforded Richard legal impunity as a buffer from the event itself.

quote:

North Carolina General Statue 14-277.2

§ 14-277.2 Weapons at parades, etc., prohibited

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any private health care facility or upon any public place owned or under the control of the State or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon. Violation of this subsection shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor. It shall be presumed that any rifle or gun carried on a rack in a pickup truck at a holiday parade or in a funeral procession does not violate the terms of this act.

(b) For the purposes of this section the term "dangerous weapon" shall include those weapons specified in G.S. 14-269, 14-269.2, 14-284.1, or 14-288.8 or any other object capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death when used as a weapon.

(c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to a person exempted by the provisions of G.S. 14-269(b) or to persons authorized by State or federal law to carry dangerous weapons in the performance of their duties or to any person who obtains a permit to carry a dangerous weapon at a parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration from the sheriff or police chief, whichever is appropriate, of the locality where such parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration is to take place. (1981, c. 684, s. 1; 1983, c. 633; 1993, c. 412, s. 2; c. 539, s. 174; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 1997-238, s. 4.)

quote:

Sadly, Spencer is involved -- he re-tweeted an advertisement boasting about his presence and which encouraged attendees to bring guns.

quote:

This [telling Spencer to knock it off] should have been handled privately.

quote:

Weev posted

Plenty of people have done so. I am sick of the no criticism allowed zone around Spencer. He is not my king, and I certainly did not elect him. The only forces that coronated him were the media, which IMO means that it should be encouraged to criticize his ideas, performance, and goals even more.

This is a healthy discussion. Richard is loving up, repeatedly. His staffers seem more interested in mitigating his PR issues than addressing his behavior. The era of the no-criticism zone around Spencer is over. He is going to have to answer for the consequences of the things he involves himself in publicly. This is healthy for the movement and healthy for Spencer. It will force him to do better, and I earnestly want him to do better. I have repeatedly said, in public, that I would like to see him stick with a work product and bring it to completion. Why does he not yet have a book to sell, to monetize these spectacles he creates? That makes no sense. He's missing opportunities.

The bigger issue here is that Spencer is making the exact same mistake: organizer of nil repute who appears logistically ill advised and unstable. This is a big loving red flag, and Spencer doesn't seem to care about going down this exact same path with higher stakes and more niggers. That, to me, says that he is fundamentally unfit to be followed, and I am going to voice my concerns.

I am not interested in talking with Richard at this point, until he ponies the gently caress up and starts cleaning up his messes. His actions will speak louder than his words. He should help Cantwell now, as I requested of him when he asked for my public criticism of him to cease.

@joe-smith said in Spencer needs to be bullycided off of the internet. Cville 2.0 + guns = The End of the Alt-Right as we know it:

A little ironic the man who called for the rape of the enemies' offspring/torturing jews

I've never instructed anyone to do such a thing. I've said they have it coming to them, which is funny and true, but I am certainly not telling anyone to do this. There's a big difference between words and actions, and these people are actually encouraging people to bring guns.

quote:

It looks like Richard deleted the tweet, can someone else have a look?

Edit: yeah, it appears to have been removed.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

a lot of people went to college

wheres that comic of Our Precious Youths getting turned into A Terrifying Band of Jacked, Gay Anarchists by one semester at the Liberal Indoctrination Camp

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Turned Gay By An Anarchist

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Grand Prize Winner posted:

wheres that comic of Our Precious Youths getting turned into A Terrifying Band of Jacked, Gay Anarchists by one semester at the Liberal Indoctrination Camp

i've been trying to find it but no luck so far

you're goons, i know one of you has it saved somewhere

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

business hammocks posted:

Turned Gay By An Anarchist

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jeb! Repetition posted:

In groups will organize work shops and stuff yes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Don't post gifs of me

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

assuming you mean this thing

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/898988887527243776

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

yes... hahaha... YeS

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Hahah holy poo poo, I followed that image back to its author and im pretty sure they guy isn't necessarily conservative, just into buff anarchist dudes making out/loving (also weird fetish stuff)

very :nws: http://andywarlord-comix.tumblr.com/

vvv: that should be a thread title somewhere. probs not here, but somewhere

Grand Prize Winner has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Sep 23, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah he's just a dude who likes to draw gay BDSM antifa pissing on each other. Honestly not the weirdest thing the internet has ever produced. Not even top 30%.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah he's just a dude who likes to draw gay BDSM antifa pissing on each other. Honestly not the weirdest thing the internet has ever produced. Not even top 30%.

Way better politics than Tom of Finland. Don't know why he thinks anarchists go for the nazi undercut, though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hahah holy poo poo, I followed that image back to its author and im pretty sure they guy isn't necessarily conservative, just into buff anarchist dudes making out/loving (also weird fetish stuff)

business hammocks posted:

Way better politics than Tom of Finland. Don't know why he thinks anarchists go for the nazi undercut, though.

I think the undercut is a gay thing, or they tried to make it gay before Spencer made it the nazi haircut.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crimes

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Undercuts were popular like, before Obama's second term, the frog nazis are trailing liberals on this one.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

This is the future leftists want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Undercuts were popular like, before Obama's second term, the frog nazis are trailing liberals on this one.

they were always nazi (like from the 30s on) cuts and they always looked dumb