Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

got it
The rest of the post disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

I lurk the MVC:I thread and I can say with confidence: Do Not Engage Cams

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

you said "all my posts have been about these omega changes"

Ghostlight posted:

this loving developer

Ghostlight posted:

The fact that they finally got off their assess and drew up a roadmap of where the game was going and what their focus was going to be to simplify development of new characters and content. Then the console version came out and was mysteriously a different game with decisions at odds with those goals such as completely redoing items and tags instead of just ditching the uniques. Then nothing happened in the PC because they had two different games to develop. Now instead of simply having a tier above cosmic that can roll one of a list of character specific bonuses they have a full loving set bonus system whose only outcome can be a nightmare of mole balancing where you have to balance every single set against each other and every character. And they don't exactly have a history of going "well I guess Magneto is over powered now what can you do".

They've built an unimaginable rod for their back under the auspices of breaking the rods they already had.
these are the posts. your comments on the new omega changes are, in total, "it will be difficult to balance." you did not say anything else of substance, except some bit about hating this because this is why they obsoleted unique items thus this is bad.

McSpanky posted:

I lurk the MVC:I thread and I can say with confidence: Do Not Engage Cams
the other thread where people endlessly circlejerk around a game they think is bad and do not want to play, but keep posting about

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I foresee many people complaining about being unable to get the last item or two to complete sets, especially as they add more and more set items.

Now, most of the items you get, for slot 1-5 at least, are for the hero you are playing, but with generic items for all heroes, I am guessing it will largely be a crapshoot what you get. I suppose it might be slightly tailored to the damage type that hero is, but beyond that, good luck!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

madcow posted:

I foresee many people complaining about being unable to get the last item or two to complete sets, especially as they add more and more set items.

Now, most of the items you get, for slot 1-5 at least, are for the hero you are playing, but with generic items for all heroes, I am guessing it will largely be a crapshoot what you get. I suppose it might be slightly tailored to the damage type that hero is, but beyond that, good luck!
yeahhhh, this is by far my biggest worry about the system. i would really hope for some resource sink reroll recipe that allows you to reroll the set bonus on an omega item, or something to that effect. if we have 30 sets at release, then 10 more in the following two weeks, finding an omega item with the proper stats AND set for any given character could potentially be a horrendous slog.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I never realized this was sitting at an average population of 500 players. I figured it was bigger than that.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

randombattle posted:

I never realized this was sitting at an average population of 500 players. I figured it was bigger than that.

i bet gaz did also when they asked for additional funding for deck chair rearrangement on the titanic

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I worry that people still find this game good and will keep it in this terrible state.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I am disappointed that there is unlikely to be another super 69, 88, whatever again and that the press pack G's are going to go to waste. I was going to do some super giveaway something or other for the next tourney, but Gaz had to go and gently caress it up. Thanks Gaz.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You can do a destiny 2 giveaway with me instead because it's filled with MH goons.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hey, on the plus side, they managed to make the new omega items work with F4 and SS. Let's be honest, Gaz was probably going to have a bunch of omega affixes for hero specific stuff to just be carbon copies of other omega affixes when applicable. These also are distinguishable from D3 sets considering you will get a new ability with every new omega item as opposed to only hitting certain tiers. It seems more like cosmic affixes, but you get a new effect every time you equip a duplicate affix instead of it just doing nothing. I mean, a lot of these are pretty generic abilities and I'm worried about the damage proc stuff since they already look like pretty low numbers and I doubt they are going to scale at all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Supposedly the damage numbers are that low because the screenshots are taken from the console version, where enemies have less health overall. But who knows how that's going to turn out on PC.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You can do a destiny 2 giveaway with me instead because it's filled with MH goons.

Do they use G's in Destiny 2?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If only. If only...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

randombattle posted:

it was!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just give me all the Gs so they don't get wasted

I need to buy every Spider-Man skin

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Kelp Plankton posted:

Just give me all the Gs so they get wasted

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I was just going off steam player numbers. Which now that I think about it might not be everyone because the old launcher wasn't on steam was it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

you said "all my posts have been about these omega changes"

these are the posts. your comments on the new omega changes are, in total, "it will be difficult to balance." you did not say anything else of substance, except some bit about hating this because this is why they obsoleted unique items thus this is bad.
You haven't said a single thing of substance about the omega changes. I can't help it that I'm interested in talking about the forest burning while you natter away and loudly thread sheriff that the only discussion anybody is allowed to have is strictly on the colour of the leaves.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

You haven't said a single thing of substance about the omega changes.
i dunno dude i'm psure i got a couple posts where i was discussing them

like i can see one of them on this page

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

"Of substance"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

"Of substance"

got it, so my commentary on the system was not to your quality standards.

i'll try to be more insightful in the future.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Good. Now instead of just being dismissively sarcastic use that new understanding to reflect on your lovely attitude to other's posting.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Good. Now instead of just being dismissively sarcastic use that new understanding to reflect on your lovely attitude to other's posting.
why? your posts are dumb and the same thing over and over with no new insight cause you like to hang out and post about badgame cause it's fun. i have no power over what you want to post, you don't need to get into long protracted arguments with me about how i am wrong about the worthlessness of your stuff.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hi cams

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy this is a mature discussion that doesn't make anyone look dumb at all

anyway I reinstalled this game and it somehow runs even worse than it did before

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hi I was thinking of getting back in to finish cosmic Doom, what all's changed...

:yikes:

Cease to Hope posted:

Lockjaw rules though

Lockjaw is a good dog.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Just give me all the Gs so they don't get wasted

You know, there is a 50% off sale now....

We probably should wait until they start adding the costumes that grant new skills though.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

super sweet best pal posted:

Hi I was thinking of getting back in to finish cosmic Doom, what all's changed...

:yikes:

Hey, no! Wait! Come back here! It's all good! Omega will fill the void in your heart as it will no doubt fill ours!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

cams posting would make you think it came directly from r/iamverysmart

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
Is there any chance I can get an invite back to Groot Force? Think I'll try this again....if I can figure it out. Wow, a lot has changed.

username is jirokage

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drythe posted:

cams posting would make you think it came directly from r/iamverysmart
this post would make you think you read reddit

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

this post would make you think you read reddit

we're all redditors who paid 10 bucks to post on a dead gay form. Makes you think.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

we're all redditors who paid 10 bucks to post on a dead gay form. Makes you think.
in my head, reddit is better moderated than this place and i could not blatantly personally attack people as much

i also feel like this forum format encourages people to continue the dumbness, like that guy bringing up a slapfight from last week. i'll miss this place once i finally get perma'd.

so, omega items and difficulty coming to consoles in 3 days. i am actually legitimately excited to play around with it. curious about things like drop rates, crafting recipes, etc.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jiro Kage posted:

Is there any chance I can get an invite back to Groot Force? Think I'll try this again....if I can figure it out. Wow, a lot has changed.

username is jirokage

invite sent

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

in my head, reddit is better moderated than this place and i could not blatantly personally attack people as much

i also feel like this forum format encourages people to continue the dumbness, like that guy bringing up a slapfight from last week. i'll miss this place once i finally get perma'd.

so, omega items and difficulty coming to consoles in 3 days. i am actually legitimately excited to play around with it. curious about things like drop rates, crafting recipes, etc.

that's because on the whole SA moderates itself. If you are acting a fool you will get poo poo on usually. Sometimes wrongly so but usually the person deserved it. And I take back my comment because it's easy as gently caress to trip over a pedophile apologist on reddit but that seems to be a rarity here or if they do pipe up they get poo poo on hard. Or maybe i avoid the pedo sub forums?

also trolling is allowed on SA because it can be funny. Where as on reddit you would just get down voted or the comment removed or banned depending on your subreddit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hey look finally a cosplay that gets Wolverine's height correct.

https://twitter.com/SamMaggs/status/912354927300579329

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Orren posted:

Runes will not be removed, but they’ll not be used for Runewords. With this patch Runewords will be retired and replaced by Modifications. Modifications go onto your Utility Armor Slot. (Slot 3) This also applies to enchants for slots 1, 2, 4, and 5. These have been replaced with Enhancements. You can hold onto your current runes if you’re sentimental like me, or you can sell these for credits.

Guess that is it for Runes, next thing you know they are going to delete Stone of Jordan unique from the game too!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Now they can claim mod support for MH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014