Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It already is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

wtf is a city trial mode

Dog, you best get yourself a copy of Kirby Air Ride.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The White Dragon posted:

wtf is a city trial mode

oh
my god

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't know what it is either :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is it like Ace Attorney but the city... is on trial?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All video games should have Big Head Mode.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

One day Sonic The Hedgehog with be more meme than game.

I'm pretty sure he's been in that state of existence since Sonic 2006.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Dog, you best get yourself a copy of Kirby Air Ride.

Kirby Air Ride 2 when

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can I play Kirby Air Ride on anything that doesn't involve getting my N64 out of the attic?

Oh it was GC :smith:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

someone buy heat signature and tell me if its game of the month
I bought heat signature and provisional update: its pretty dang good. I played a challenge mission where you start outside of your ship and have to shoot your guns to propel yourself into the airlock before you run out of oxygen, and then my cyber samurai got captured on a botched sneaking mission so now his gay lover is working on breaking him out of space jail

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
well tgs is over for me. got some cool poo poo. biggest regret is not being able to do multiplayer monhun world and also missing the dot hack stage thing.

bandai namcos merch booth nearly sold out of the few dothack stuff they had too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

kite if you like pm me on discord i can tell u how to prep some really basic weed butter in 60min and then you can cook anything that your heart desires as long as it has butter in

I've seen what weed butter looks like, it looks gross as gently caress. Also, my brain be damned, I'm not breaking the law and risking putting KCB into a super stressful and awful situation if I were to get caught.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

just cruisin watching the river flow after u get hit with a projectile

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I've seen what weed butter looks like, it looks gross as gently caress. Also, my brain be damned, I'm not breaking the law and risking putting KCB into a super stressful and awful situation if I were to get caught.
do the illegal butter drugs kite

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mind-altering substances scare me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Caffeine is a pretty awesome psychoactive substance with no downsides or cultural stigma where people proudly admit their own addictions.

I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say there is no reason for anyone not to be loaded up on coffee at all times as it makes everything you do as a human being better.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Mind-altering substances scare me.
your mind is an ever changing flux of electrical impulses and chemical reactions, your mind is constantly altering itself and you are not the same person from one moment to the next

now do the drugs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly don't think caffeine has ever had an effect on me, other than to occasionally make me sleep worse than I already do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

your mind is an ever changing flux of electrical impulses and chemical reactions, your mind is constantly altering itself and you are not the same person from one moment to the next

There's a fine level between "your mind is constantly changing from one moment to the next" and "one day you wake up and you can't remember anything at all about your entire life except that who KCB is and who your cats are"

When that poo poo happens, it frightens the living daylights out of me. The idea that I'm doing one thing and then suddenly it's like my brain just "wakes up" and everything is new and all of the old is lost.

It scares me to think about what something specifically taken to make my brain calm down would do to me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Weed is not that serious mang, although I personally abstain because it is a dirty habit for dirty people that also makes your pee smell weird.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Caffeine is a pretty awesome psychoactive substance with no downsides or cultural stigma where people proudly admit their own addictions.

I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say there is no reason for anyone not to be loaded up on coffee at all times as it makes everything you do as a human being better.

quote:

Imagine a world where HEROIN was legal, but possession of coffee was punishable by up to 50 years in jail. In other words, you could run down to the nearest convenience store just about any time of day or night and purchase any amount of liquid heroin you wanted. A whole BOTTLE of heroin would be about $3. Or you could go to a heroin den and sit and shoot up with all your shooting buddies until 2 am -- then you'd get on the expressway and DRIVE HOME. Or, for that matter, where the authorities had made heroin so much a part of the BUSINESS world that, nobody closed a big business deal without having a few shots of smack with the client. And there would be billboards all over the roads for the coolest brands of heroin, showing beautiful models skin-popping beside a waterfall. And on TV -- well, not only would there be all these ads showing your favorite sports heroes shooting their favorite brand of heroin, but in any party scene, or any scene of ANY TV SHOW where people were shown relaxing or having a good time, they always were taking a few sniffs of smack.

The leaders of a world like that would have to be pretty insane, right? I mean, it would be obvious that the leaders themselves were not only heroin users, but stood to gain quite a bit from the entire population (aside from the few anti-heroin fanatics) leaning on this substance to relax.

But let's take it a step further. Imagine if these people made coffee illegal. Because they said it was addicting, and it lead to harder stuff -- like EXPRESSO. But yet untold millions of people had been drinking coffee for thousands of years and NO ONE HAD EVER O.D.'d. You drink it and it sharpens you up a BIT and then later you crash a BIT. But it was so illegal that smugglers were getting fantastically rich having contraband coffee beans flown up from South America. And there was this whole subculture of "BEAN HEADS," people who were into coffee partly as a rebellion against the establishment -- and the whole reason that coffee lead to harder stuff, like NYQUIL, was because to BUY coffee you had to go to a DEALER's house, where you'd encounter people who WERE Nyquil users. On top of that, a one-ounce baggy of COFFEE BEANS would cost like $100 just for ordinary MAXWELL HOUSE grade. And people would be arrested and spend their whole lives in jail, maybe even be executed for using coffee, which is RELATIVELY harmless, while this whole planet of JUNKIES was going scot-free.

IMAGINE WHAT A HORRIBLE, TOPSY-TURVY WORLD THAT WOULD BE, friends. Where they made a POWERFUL CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DEPRESSANT not only legal but GLAMOROUS, while an organically grown, harmless bean off a bush could wreck your life ONLY BECAUSE OF THE LAWS AGAINST IT.

But...

But...

THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN HERE. NO, not in THIS world. NAH.... NO WAY.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drinking coffee would have to be known as a black people thing first

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, like I said, it isn't legal here and I'd have no means of obtaining it legally and regardless of whether I was getting it legally or illegally, I'd have no way to pay for it and I have no desire to try it.

and it smells bad, too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah heroin is pretty good too, big smack fan here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congratulations you successfully passed the peer pressure test

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

now do the drugs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Expresso Yo Self

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No x in espresso
Your participle's danglin

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Heroin is really passe now that American doctors are just liberally prescribing opioids that are 1000x as strong where you can OD just by touching it. Like 1,000 more powerful than goddamn heroin, poo poo's crazy out here, man.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wanna be like the author of the excellent drugs book, opium fiend. guy was obsessed with 19th century Chinese opium paraphenilia the way kids are obsessed with pokemon cards, and just like with pokemon cards he decided he wanted to figure out how it all worked so he started a hardcore opium smoking habit in the traditional chinese fashion

it turned out that after the opium wars and chinese suppression in san francisco the traditional method of dope smoking became a lost art and no one remembers what any of the opium tools are for

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 23, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
realtalk doe i think my favorite thing about weed is that it isn't physiologically addicting so you can stop cold turkey after years and years of blazing it and the only thing that happens is maybe you're thinking "man this is a great time too bad no weed but w/e"

no shakes, no sweats, no nothing :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The White Dragon posted:

realtalk doe i think my favorite thing about weed is that it isn't physiologically addicting so you can stop cold turkey after years and years of blazing it and the only thing that happens is maybe you're thinking "man this is a great time too bad no weed but w/e"

no shakes, no sweats, no nothing :)

we've been sick all week so haven't been smoking weed and i actually do get a bit annoyed when i quit cold turkey, but yeah i can tell it's a psychological thing

opiates can be taken in moderation, anything can. not necessarily heroin because you might be shooting up Borax, but "pure" opiates. my father-in-law takes morphine for his back (prescribed) and never takes more than he's supposed to, nor does it noticeably impair him, he just takes it once a day before bed.

it's almost like everything is complicated around this issue

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
smoked a joint once in my teenage years and was not really impressed

that has been my drug story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntcoiBjPKg

while im at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S9lbXnTF1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mLIdLZZeI

now vidjagames, rub that poo poo on my eyeballs and next i know it's the middle of next week

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm straight edge

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Curved Blunt

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm straight edge

is that really even still a thing or are you posting from 1997

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
snarky millennials!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm the straightest edge this side of masamune

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when i was a teenager i was like "i don't need drugs, reality is cool enough on its own"

but man, have you ever tried reality... on weed??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I used to only drink tea. Now I start my day with a cup of coffee. If I'm really tired. I'll drink 2 cups of coffee that day

• Locked thread