Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man if they leak the source code China might start making knock off video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think this is marketing for Final Fantasy XV Versus.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Prompto: "Aw man, hackers took down King's Knight."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

are they supposed to pay all of those eventually or just one of them and it's like you have to pay more if you wait longer. please make your terrorist demands clear

it's a tier system, so if they dont get the money in 24 hours it goes to the next tier

it's very complicated and dumb, what happened to a good ol fashioned "leave a million dollars in a paper bag behind mcdonalds"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would like to think that if i was a hacker i would using something cooler than the 'anonymous mask guy' photo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GulagDolls posted:

i would like to think that if i was a hacker i would using something cooler than the 'anonymous mask guy' photo

I'd just use a dick pic

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i'd use a picture of snowden because at least 10% of people would believe it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lnvBXy68Q

The idea of a dude randomly challenging people to a street fight amuses me, so it sounds promising.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ff15 development continuing through 2018 huh. just never gonna play this game i guess

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just make 15-2 where Etro bails everyone out again.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I can't believe Final Fantasy, a series known for doing a billion revisions and remakes, would hop on the games as service train so eagerly with their latest game. Such a shocker.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Final Fantasy V Job Gatcha

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Relin posted:

ff15 development continuing through 2018 huh. just never gonna play this game i guess

i can't beleive we're still waiting for ff versus 13 after a decade too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gologle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lnvBXy68Q

The idea of a dude randomly challenging people to a street fight amuses me, so it sounds promising.

ragnarok offline

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd be more for FF15 developments if it seemed like they were adding all the stuff missing from the second half of the game instead of a bunch of random bits no one really asked for.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

What can't 15 do?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The more I see your av the lewder it gets. I think I might actually spend money on this dumb website to alter it.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Mega64 posted:

What can't 15 do?

Convince me to reinstall it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega64 posted:

Final Fantasy V Job Gatcha

I unironically dig this idea for a mod/

Wait someones already done FFV ancient cave haven't they? That's basically the same thing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
does rydia have ptsd

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

What can't 15 do?

A proper world of ruin

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kurtofan posted:

does rydia have ptsd

Child Rydia, yes. Adult Rydia can barely be considered human after being raised by monsters. Human concepts such as PTSD no longer apply. They missed a great opportunity at humanization by making her womanly urges drive her to raising children that aren't hers- oh wait.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The dig spots in bone village are marked with tiny polygons that are only really visible when running the game at higher resolutions like 4k.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So I decided to pick up Final Fantasy Tactics (the War of the Lions version) off the app store, and I've got a quick question. I've never really played FFT before, but I have played FFTA, and in that game it was quite advantageous to fire all your starter dudes and futz around until you got some better ones. Does FFT have anything like that, or am I good just using whoever I've got?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
You could reroll them and optimize a little, but it's really not worth the effort. I always end up shelving my generic units in FFT pretty early on because the game gives you a steady stream of unique soldiers, most of whom have special jobs or abilities.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

So I decided to pick up Final Fantasy Tactics (the War of the Lions version) off the app store, and I've got a quick question. I've never really played FFT before, but I have played FFTA, and in that game it was quite advantageous to fire all your starter dudes and futz around until you got some better ones. Does FFT have anything like that, or am I good just using whoever I've got?

It's not really worth it except maybe trying to maximize Brave or Faith but there are ways to do that. You'll be thrown story characters who are absurdly powerful anyway.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The main thing to remember in FFT is that for some idiot reason women have +1 MA and men have +1 PA, except Ramza who has the benefits of both men and women in most cases (but can't become a Dancer). So unless you're going for Bard/Dancer, it's advantageous to keep women mainly magical and men mainly physical.

Also, make a separate save before you do Riovanes Castle. Just trust me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Alright, cool. I just knew in Tactics Advance you could net yourself a radically better party with just a little bit of patience.

I enjoyed Tactics Advance a lot, so I'm hoping to enjoy the original.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The main thing to remember in FFT is that for some idiot reason women have +1 MA and men have +1 PA, except Ramza who has the benefits of both men and women in most cases (but can't become a Dancer). So unless you're going for Bard/Dancer, it's advantageous to keep women mainly magical and men mainly physical.

Noted. I'll try to remember that when the time comes. Only thing I've really looked up are job unlocks and zodiac signs, since I vaguely recalled a friend of mine warning me about the latter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just rotate multiple saves throughout FFT, there's more than one area where you're forced to go to a battle you might not be prepared for with no other option.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Just rotate multiple saves throughout FFT every game if possible

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
The starting party gives you what you need to build a balanced 5-man team (4 generics + Ramza) and as a result I usually stick with whichever two of the 4 Squires has the best Brave/Faith/Zodiac sign and the two Chemists. Those 4 plus Lavian/Alicia/Ladd are all the generics you should ever need. Feel free to fire the other 2 squires right away without repercussion if, like me, your OCD compels you to eliminate unused party members.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Ever since I experienced this nearly 20 years ago, I've been rotating save files in literally every game that will let me, to an absurd degree. Just finished up Tales of Berseria and I had, literally, 50 different save files.

Never Again.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
It's kinda messed up that after the FF7 first bombing mission, you blow up a giant reactor and fight through dozens of soldiers/guards and fight a giant Scorpion robot, and Barret only pays you 1500 gil.

Your starting Salary in FF8 can easily be just as much starting from Rank 3 which is pretty easy to get from the Dollet mission.

Wages are hosed up in FF games

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Well those 1500 Gil were for Marlene's schooling so either getting an education is dirt cheap or being a merc pays really well.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So did they actually manage a decent HD version of FFIX on the PS4? I've been thinking I ought to give (most of) the game another chance, since it bugged the hell out of me when I first played it 15-something years ago.

(Neither Ozma nor Tetra Master deserve a second shot, HD textures be damned.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's fine, my only reasonable complaint is that it it's still ultimately port of the mobile version with a bleh looking UI but other than that it's fine and has a very necessary speed up option. (The blurry backgrounds can't really be helped).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Playing Tactics on break, I now know the early-game horror of two chocobos murdering one of my better guys before running off to the far corner of the map and healing each other.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Playing Tactics on break, I now know the early-game horror of two chocobos murdering one of my better guys before running off to the far corner of the map and healing each other.

The scary part is they get worse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

thats why YOU should get a chocobo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

thats why YOU should get a chocobo!

Got Chocobucks? You better put them on this chocobo!
Saddle up, if you think you can ride in this rodeo.
Are we in hell? I don't know to the dirt, let's roll!