Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

He seems to be a fan of the game itself given his trailer reactions.

Wait those trailer reaction videos aren't sarcastic?

quote:

And to be fair one character can do literally everything in ff14. Alts aren't necessary except for cosmetic reasons.

But my erp balmung alt :saddowns:

E: Hell of a way to start a page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KayTee posted:

The UK Megathread recently had a several-page derail over literature and it reminded me that there is a book out there that I've been meaning to read for quite some time. It arrived yesterday and is relevant to this thread:

:cthulhu:

It's so good. I know I shouldn't love it, but I do. I just wish I knew about the project as it was happening, it was so up my loving alley.

BigRed0427 posted:

Oh yeah. That thing is still in print?

I think they basically print it on demand. I got it through Amazon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's so good. I know I shouldn't love it, but I do. I just wish I knew about the project as it was happening, it was so up my loving alley.

I think they basically print it on demand. I got it through Amazon.

They had a facebook account for the author that was better than the book. It's probably still there.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

business hammocks posted:

They had a facebook account for the author that was better than the book. It's probably still there.

https://www.facebook.com/SerraElinsen/ :D

For further content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejh_Dt3z46Q

I've been waiting and waiting for Jim to do videos like this. I do love Duke Amiel Du H'ardcore!

A real person, allegedly, posted:

Casual gamers don't have nearly as much fun as hardcore gamers!

lol

KayTee fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 21, 2017

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

KayTee posted:

I've been waiting and waiting for Jim to do videos like this. I do love Duke Amiel Du H'ardcore!

Hell yes, reading dumb internet comments in goofy voices is extremely my jam.

I just hope Jim can get a better shirt for this because the modern shirt and tie bugs me more than is strictly rational.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEpdWpFjTEU

The Brodeo was a truly special podcast. I miss it dearly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

KayTee posted:

https://www.facebook.com/SerraElinsen/ :D

For further content:

lol

I'll just post my youtube comment

quote:

Man its weird seeing Jim do a show out of costume.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

echopapa posted:

Kyle Kallgren’s newest video on Guy Maddin and lost film is just what I wanted to see. Thanks, Kyle!

Glad you liked it!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leal posted:

I'll just post my youtube comment

This one's the best, sorry:

Pyrodiac
5 hours ago
is this the new civ 6 dlc leader

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

KKall posted:

Glad you liked it!

This was super intense and interesting! Liked it a lot.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KKall posted:

Glad you liked it!

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the fact that you, yourself, have content that was released on the web that's now lost to time. Like, most of the video is on the history of film that's been lost to the ages, but even the stuff you make yourself can be lost to time, and in fact frequently is. I think it's actually a more modern topic than a historical one, considering all the numerous ways video content can just disappear.

And also, having said that, it's not entirely a bad thing. I work in theatre. I don't particularly mind that a year's worth of time and effort going into a project meant to entertain people is just gone after it's done. It's a fact of the medium, that things cannot remain forever. Sometimes the very fact that it existed, and that people saw it and enjoyed it or took something from it, is all that matters.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

In the long view, even the most popular art is going to eventually be completely inaccessible to future people through one means or another.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Every now and again I remember I have a twitter.

I logged in recently and found this:

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/908753761232855040?s=09

And I felt sad that I hadn't been following MarsGirl for a while. I'm gonna have to change that! :)

e: phoneposting not messy after all. :D

KayTee fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 22, 2017

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMt87ZdUbw

Jenny Nicholson finds what might be the worst erotic romance novel ever written, about a woman who falls in love with an internet troll.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm glad Jim is going after NBA 2k

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

KayTee posted:

Every now and again I remember I have a twitter.

I logged in recently and found this:

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/908753761232855040?s=09

And I felt sad that I hadn't been following MarsGirl for a while. I'm gonna have to change that! :)

e: phoneposting not messy after all. :D

Who has yet to resign from Channel Awesome?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Solitair posted:

As far as I know, Bennett still uploads there, but he's had his own site and patreon for years now, so correct me if I'm wrong.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

So the other day, I finally watched Dena's "Goodbye Channel Awesome" video.

And then Youtube filled up my recc'd videos with a whole butt-ton of other people's "Goodbye Channel Awesome" videos.

Like, there are enough of them, posted frequently enough, that they can trigger Youtube's recc'd algorithm.

I watched a bunch, including from a whole bunch of producers I didn't even know existed (CA not promoting their members, shock shock). They all had a common theme to them, though I won't spoil it for you.

FAKESPOILER: CA management sucks prolapsed alpaca anus.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MarzGurl, now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I thought she quit the business after JewWario's death, or am I thinking of someone else?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solitair posted:

Brad, Film Brain, Sage, Nash, Linkara, Suede, and Joe. That's basically all that's left of the original CA crew, as far as I can recall. Though I think all of them at this point could survive :sever:ing from CA and make out just fine. But who honestly knows?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 23, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Linkara's still there too isn't he?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Linkara's still there too isn't he?

Yeah. Whoops.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I kind of miss when Ralphthemoviemaker's Reel It In videos were shorter and more focused. I know he explained that editing them took a lot of time, but there has to be some in-between. We already have so many movie reviewers that are just rambling off-the cuff with little editing. His new Reel It In videos aren't bad, they just seem like a step down from his old ones.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

isn't todd still with ca or did he leave and i didn't notice

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don't know about Todd's chosen video platform, but his twitter is about a dozen daily photos of his excellent dog. Brad also has an instagram that's largely his cats.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

business hammocks posted:

I don't know about Todd's chosen video platform, but his twitter is about a dozen daily photos of his excellent dog. Brad also has an instagram that's largely his cats.

Someone should set up a channel critiquing critics` pets.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Someone should set up a channel critiquing critics` pets.

Jack Packard's cat gets a ten out of ten from me.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Jill Bearup went full TERF.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Into the trash they go.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A sherlock fan is bad?? shock and terror!

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Oh no, that's really shocking to me. I enjoyed watching her show quite a bit. :sigh:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Conal Cochran posted:

I kind of miss when Ralphthemoviemaker's Reel It In videos were shorter and more focused. I know he explained that editing them took a lot of time, but there has to be some in-between. We already have so many movie reviewers that are just rambling off-the cuff with little editing. His new Reel It In videos aren't bad, they just seem like a step down from his old ones.

It leads to things like The Minions review having a weird segway where he pins Fox News and Alex Jones of all people as stalwarts of political correctness and blaming them for ruining cartoons. When Minions come from France where standards for this sort of stuff are extra low. He's kind of an idiot on things outside pure film making it seems!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

gently caress

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The whole plate!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKyrUMUervU&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=BmjPMSTz9BgnA61A-6

Btw is Chez Apocalypse still a thing?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm genuinely shocked at this and hope it's not what it seems, though it certainly seems clear enough.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Disney, via Maker, offered a renovated website but didn't deliver. The brand is still there but it's kinda been left untouched for over a year now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That left me genuinely depressed, great.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Lol at that "TERF is a slur" chestnut

If anything it's absurdly polite, like calling a white supremacist a European National Identity Advocate

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

It was really good! I almost feel like there's a subtle jab at SMG-like analysis that attempts to dig into what a work is "really" about when the effect on most of the audience is unaffected by nuances that they don't see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Lindsay says that there are still some legal trouble to move out of the way before they can go fully public again. But iir, the site is actually up again.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It was really good! I almost feel like there's a subtle jab at SMG-like analysis that attempts to dig into what a work is "really" about when the effect on most of the audience is unaffected by nuances that they don't see.

I thing that is just of the result of this actually being goof analyses,while SMG never really goes beyond the "Student who didn't do the work and is trying to weasel his way through the class by making poo poo up as he goes along " level

• Locked thread