Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

No dupes :shittydog:

I know Yuna's USB alone makes the pull (helps that I have her BSB2 as well), with Rapha's as my new mage shout and Aphmau's cool so I'm glad to have something for her. Plus it's nice getting some mage gear that's actually a rod or stave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I pulled two great stat sticks! Save the Queen, Celes' OSB, is some desperately needed updated FF6 melee, and Selphie's USB is my very first healer stick for FF8 at all.

...and I guess Selphie's USB is pretty good, too.

4/22 isn't bad for luckies as far as they go. Now we'll see how the rest of this plays out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

1/11 Faris USB

Well penta breaks are always nice and I got a 6* armor finally.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

2/11: Zidane OSB and Fang OSB

Was hoping for USBs (maybe Rosa's?) but this will work. I have Zidane's enWind armor SB. Apparently DeNA thinks I really need physical wind damaged as I went from having no physical wind BSB+ to 3 in 24 hours. I think I can finally take on Golem now.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Finally my pulling luck turns. Tifa osb dupe. Zack CSB which completes my wind team and is huuuuge. Lion USB and Kuja OSB is whatever.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Final tally for luckies:
Aerith BSB
Cid(IV) BSB, Quistis BSB
Cloud OSB, Fujin OSB, Faris USB2

Nothing super flashy, but not a terrible haul overall. The bursts are mostly going to be CM stuff, but my account is stacked enough as it is that CM stuff is all I really need to pull for these days. I'm amused that all of the 6*s are wind oriented. I think I've almost figured out my pulling plans for the fest, but there's a couple things I want to double check first: 1. Do we know when the second phase of the mythril dungeon drops in relation to the fest banners? and 2. Whichever one of the selection banners isn't gem only, was that a free draw, or full price?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

No dupes (I skipped the first banner)

No dupes.

How'd I do?

Only relics I have for these guys is Curilla's SSB

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 23, 2017

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
2/11 Terra USB, Maria OSB

Is Terra USB / BSB good enough on its own to field?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
#1 Y'shtola BSB (Dupe), Penelo BSB (Dupe)
#2 Fang BSB
#3 Aerith USB (Dupe)

Super ready to go 1/30

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just noticed I have 50 more inventory spaces. When did that happen?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

1/11 zidane OSB. The salt pile grows.

5/33 overall with 1 Iris dupe so could be worse, but I didn't get anything I really wanted so I hope the 30 draw is kinder to me.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just noticed I have 50 more inventory spaces. When did that happen?

This week's maintenance. It was slightly overshadowed by the "one bard mote" and "Tiny Bee on Banner4"

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

I usually don't post but I got a slam dunk on this lucky draw after going 2/22 on the last two. I haven't wrapped my mind around the new items but I appreciate the diversity in weapon types and the +water damage. My only dupe was Terra's swrod.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
aaaaaaaAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa...

Everything but onion armor is new

I'm not going to look my gift horse in the mouth but there's nothing particularly incredible.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Healer Lucky: Lenna BSB, 2 dupe Aerith BSB.
BSB+: Decil BSB and dupe Garnet BSB2.

And I had nearly given up on actually feeling like this fest was going to treat me right but then, from on high in the clouds descended the 6* only Lucky . . .

Lightning USB/11

Having recently acquired Lightning BSB2 and LMR, it's time to :getin:

(Also, because my extremely disparate luck might make an amusing juxtaposition, here's my result for the JP cult of three pulls that led up to 3rd Anniversary:
XV, Type-0 and T: Agrias USB
XIV: Dupe Minfilia BSB
XIII: Raines LMR
XII: Penelo USB
XI: Dupe Lion LMR
X: Dupe Rikku LMR
IX: Eiko USB
VIII: Zell USB, Kiros BSB
VII: Reno USB
VI: Terra's Tiara SSB
V: Exdeath Faithga SSB
IV: Cid BSB
III: OK USB2, OK OSB
II: Firion USB
I: Garland LMR)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Jawdins posted:

2/11 Terra USB, Maria OSB

Is Terra USB / BSB good enough on its own to field?
Terra USB on its own is enough to field. The BSB isn't anything special, but if you don't have many hones of powerful abilities, spammable fire and water can carry you far.

If you have lots of spells to cast, you'll usually use the USB on its own. It's great.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Vaan USB is top tier. Literally makes all his thief skills hit for cap in most fights. Like all 5 hits of thief's revenge. If paired with Cloud USB RW he does even more damage.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Gratz to all who have done well, those last two made me question posting mine! Only Rapha will see semi-regular use most likely, but I'm very happy!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That went well. :woop:

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Wow you guys did really well. I went 2/11 on the latest, Lulu's USB and Steiner's OSB.

Total haul was 4/33...certainly not the best: Lulu USB, Delita USB, Steiner OSB and Ceodore BSB.

Lulu's seems like top prize. Delita's is similar but no en-element hurts it. Looking up Steiner's OSB, it actually seems pretty decent; pretty high multiplier if you're hitting a weakness and it covers Fire, Ice and Lightning

Philouza fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 23, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress, the third one came out already and I still need 11 mythril. On the right track though, been slacking on events

Anyway, the first one just got me a dupe Porom Burst, the second got me Noctis and Snow and in a blast from the past, the 1st Fusion Sword.

Is the Burst on Noctis good? I seem to remember one of the XV lads was meant to have a good one

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Rinoa CSB and Delita USB. Maybe Rinoa's will help me beat a magicite - I have Edea's BSB so it'd go well with that? That's it for my Ice stuff though.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Philouza posted:

Wow you guys did really well. I went 2/11 on the latest, Lulu's USB and Steiner's OSB.

Total haul was 4/33...certainly not the best: Lulu USB, Delita USB, Steiner OSB and Ceodore BSB.

Lulu's seems like top prize. Delita's is similar but no en-element hurts it. Looking up Steiner's OSB, it actually seems pretty decent; pretty high multiplier if you're hitting a weakness and it covers Fire, Ice and Lightning

Lulu USB by itself will kill fenrir with ease. I have dived her because her USB rules so much. I'd rather have gotten rikku usb off that banner but any bitterness I might have had is gone seeing how much insanely sick damage Lulu puts out with it. I also have her BSB but I usually just stick to the USB and ice witch magic.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2/11
Dupe ovelia USB
Shadow USB

What's the deal with shadows USB? I wasn't gonna pull on the ff6 banners so I didn't really pay attention to what it offers. Seems annoying to maintain mirror image all the time. I'm out of dark orbs to so I can't hone the new dark ninja skills.

Overall for the luckies:
L1: 3/11
L2: 5/11
L3: 2/11 (one dupe)

I'm happy. Just need some luck with the 30 now.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Banner 1:

Banner 2:

Banner 3:

Only dupe was Mog BSB on banner 2. I am so overjoyed about this entire lucky draw experience... my Lightning now has all of the fun tools other than her LMR.

(Sorry didn't realize they showed up quite so... gigantic)

Oxybeles fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 23, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
^^^ Jesus man, timg that poo poo

1/11, Fairs Pirate Princess USB.

It seems, OK I guess? It'll make a good wind imperil for sure, but doesn't seem very exciting in Magicite dungeons when all I'm look for is sub-30s now.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Pander posted:

Lulu USB by itself will kill fenrir with ease. I have dived her because her USB rules so much. I'd rather have gotten rikku usb off that banner but any bitterness I might have had is gone seeing how much insanely sick damage Lulu puts out with it. I also have her BSB but I usually just stick to the USB and ice witch magic.

I've also got her BSB (and SSB). So the good news is I have a +Ice doll and +Ice dress in any realm. I can beat Fenrir fairly easily in about 45 seconds with:
Squall (BSB2)
Reynn (BSB)
Papa (Ley Lines)
Healer
Alph (Radiant Shield)

I tried this morning for a sub-30 build:
OK (BSB, entrust bot)
Ramza(entrust bot)
Lulu
Papa
Healer

I tried by casting USB, BSB, USB, Cmd1, etc. The damage definitely adds up but it's a lot to keep track; I'm just not good at it, but I feel like that team could get it done. I've died a couple times half way since I went with Slow resist but I might tried wind instead and cross my fingers.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

1/11 Balthier Gun OSB

A bit disappointed in quantity, but more fire stuff is welcome.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

fridge corn posted:

Exdeath USB
Ashe OSB

got BSBs for both so yay I guess?
Exdeath USB is Very Good. Runic turns some bosses into free wins

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ovelia USB, Gladiolus & Quistis OSB.

I thought Quistis's whip was Rydia's OSB or something, then when I saw the VIII tag I flipped my poo poo and jumped for joy because I just became the proud conductor of THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOMTRAIN

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

None of those are dupes, and uh, I guess I have a Ninja now. After a 3/11 on the 2nd Lucky, was not expecting 4/11 here.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Philouza posted:

I've also got her BSB (and SSB). So the good news is I have a +Ice doll and +Ice dress in any realm. I can beat Fenrir fairly easily in about 45 seconds with:
Squall (BSB2)
Reynn (BSB)
Papa (Ley Lines)
Healer
Alph (Radiant Shield)

OK (BSB, entrust bot)
Ramza(entrust bot)
Lulu
Papa
Healer

I tried by casting USB, BSB, USB, Cmd1, etc. The damage definitely adds up but it's a lot to keep track; I'm just not good at it, but I feel like that team could get it done. I've died a couple times half way since I went with Slow resist but I might tried wind instead and cross my fingers.

Fenrir is one of the easiest magicites to no heal so long as you have Enkidu or Wendigo to heal or absorb an AoE.

Also, optimal Lulu use is probably using the fastcast witch spell until first USB, then alternating USB->slow witch spell-> USB with entrust bots feeding the cycle.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Philouza posted:

Squall (BSB2)
Reynn (BSB)
Papa (Ley Lines)
Healer
Alph (Radiant Shield)

OK (BSB, entrust bot)
Ramza(entrust bot)
Lulu
Papa
Healer

I use that exact same team for Fenrir and it's just shy of sub-30. Lulu has BSB + USB, full dive, LMR, and +ice armor.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Onion Knight OSB and a Hope OSB DUPE.

It's fine. It's not great, but I guess it's fine. On the plus side, this do means I have a 8* Thrown Magic weapon.

Final tally for Luckies:

Iris BSB(dupe), Eiko BSB, Larsa BSB
Cid Raines BSB(dupe), Cloud BSB1, Quina BSB
OK OSB and Hope OSB(dupe).

Welp. ...Not... bad. I guess?

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how did i do

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Heaven Spacey posted:

Ovelia USB, Gladiolus & Quistis OSB.

I thought Quistis's whip was Rydia's OSB or something, then when I saw the VIII tag I flipped my poo poo and jumped for joy because I just became the proud conductor of THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOMTRAIN

Hell Yeah, congrats fellow conductor! :hfive:

The fun thing with Quistis is she gets Wrath access so she can spam the hell out of Doomtrain. Even better if you have her BSB for the EnPoison to go along with it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Question for JP players. Was there a fest between 30th and 3rd? Aside from Superfests, I guess. Just curious what we'd get in December in GL.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Final Lucky Draw tally 7/33

Aphmau BSB and dupe Y'shtola BSB
Kain BSB and Steiner BSB
Yda USB, Vivi OSB, and Fang OSB

Game must really want me to use Fang since before the Dungeon update Lucky I had zero relics for her and now I have 3. I feel like Yda's USB doesn't really do anything without her BSB but maybe fires within is really good?
Overall I'm pretty happy with my pulls got some good relics is some realms that I was weak and 3 new BSBs, 2 new OSBs, and 1 new USB for 75 mythril is pretty dang cool.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Question for JP players. Was there a fest between 30th and 3rd? Aside from Superfests, I guess. Just curious what we'd get in December in GL.

There was not another Super Fest-like in between them, though Global may still get one in there somewhere since they didn't get it before 30th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just saw my 1/11 Jecht OSB in my inventory and got salty all over again. Who came up with this gigantic turd? A ranged weapon that only like 5 people in the entire game can even use, with a synergy-only elemental boost, so it's a 100% useless stat stick. Then the OSB itself is probably the worst one in the entire game, doing absolute trash damage unless you fill up your entire SB gauge first, which then makes every subsequent use much weaker.

Like, this thing won't even be useful for CMs for me. I don't think I would have payed even 1 mythril for it, let alone 25.

Fingers crossed for these banners and 30 draw, it's been a really long time since I've gotten a god draw and this would be the time for it.

• Locked thread