Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
"gj being scum of the earth"

- posters here about Republicans making similar jokes 2 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I never claimed I was a good person. I admit I don't have a leg to stand on.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This boulder's rolling downhill and it's taking the entire town with it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

na naaa na na na na ba na na na katamari damacy

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Thank you for standing up for what is right, for those who can't do it themselves.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd do the same.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Truely this is the day we learned that posters itt are something awful.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I still don't get why that is a good defense. 'heh, we're supposed to be terrible! It's in the name!'

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I still don't get why that is a good defense. 'heh, we're supposed to be terrible! It's in the name!'

Are you just now figuring this out? People are pretty terrible on the internet.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Are you just now figuring this out? People are pretty terrible on the internet.

Okay? I was talking about using SA's name as a defense for terribleness.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It's not a defense. This website is just terrible is all. Always has been and always will be insha'Allah.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Friendly, happy goons in Alaska and Maine, please take whatever time you have to get in touch with your senators over this next week to garner even an atomic level of opposition against Graham-Cassidy.

This has been my regular healthcare shitpost.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Okay? I was talking about using SA's name as a defense for terribleness.

I mean have you seen what the average goon looks like?

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kingfish posted:

It's not a defense. This website is just terrible is all. Always has been and always will be insha'Allah.

As long as posters like you continue to exist, I agree.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lets get back to politics, yall.

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

CBS Miami posted:

The voicemail messages left on Gov. Rick Scott’s personal cellphone by a Hollywood nursing home where at least 11 people have died were deleted, according to the governor’s office.

In the week leading up to Irma, Gov. Scott held a series of conference calls with emergency managers as well as hospital and nursing home officials. During those conference calls he gave out his cellphone number and said if any of the healthcare centers experienced trouble they should call him at that number and he would work to resolve their problem.

There were a total of four voicemails left during the 36 hours before the first patient died, and they would have been a critical piece of evidence in the ongoing investigation into the patient deaths. The governor’s office said the voicemails were deleted in accordance with the state’s public records law.

On September 10, administrators contacted Florida Power with an emergency request to restore power. According to nursing home officials, FPL said they would have crews dispatched the next morning. The nursing home also spoke to the emergency operations center in Tallahassee, which notified the 152-bed facility that their order would be “escalated.”

By the evening of September 11, Natasha Anderson, a vice president with The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills, says she called the governor’s cellphone to say the nursing home needed “immediate assistance” in restoring the power to their air conditioning system. Anderson dialed the cellphone number provided by Scott. It went straight to voicemail.

Anderson made three additional calls to Scott’s cellphone on September 12.

By September 13, patients at the nursing suffered myriad health issues and at least five of the patients had died. State officials say temperatures inside the nursing home were high, and that some of the dead registered body temperatures as high as 109 degrees. The nursing home was then evacuated. At least a half dozen more patients would die in the days that followed.

Scott said at no time did anyone from the nursing home suggest there was a crisis or that patients were in danger. The Governor has cut off Medicaid and Medicare funding for the nursing home, and suspended its license.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I find this extremely unsettling. What a heinous world we live in that men like this are allowed to stay in power and continue doing harm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Before he was governor Rick Scott got a cool $10M settlement to get away from any legal ramifications from a massive scam of hundreds of millions of health services.

Being an absolutely evil gently caress about healthcare is like Rick Scott's thing.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

DrNutt posted:

I find this extremely unsettling. What a heinous world we live in that men like this are allowed to stay in power and continue doing harm.

Feature, not a bug for the Republican Party

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/911646113916170240
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/911648400764018688
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/911654167818665984

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Super Bug that kills us is going to be because of Merican's being fat POS.

(also it's Hoover's fault, he said he wanted a chicken in every pot)

STAC Goat posted:

Before he was governor Rick Scott got a cool $10M settlement to get away from any legal ramifications from a massive scam of hundreds of millions of health services.

Being an absolutely evil gently caress about healthcare is like Rick Scott's thing.

Reminder, the drug testing program his state has(still has?) cost the state more money than it saved and his wife had stock in the company that did the drug testing.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 23, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
edit for two posts in a row

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

God damnit don't loving do this to me

but I agree with Slavitt, we MUST NOT let our guard down until Oct 1. Or really, ever. This has to be dealt with at with "10 points down, FIRED UP!" levels of motivation.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Literally "this bill is horrible on every possible level but I really want it to pass anyway." It's almost as if they don't have the best interests of their constituency in mind.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Democrats would at least have the decency to claim they don't know if the legislation will be good or bad.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, the drug testing program his state has(still has?) cost the state more money than it saved and his wife had stock in the company that did the drug testing.

He founded the company before taking office, and transferred ownership to his wife, and then it was mysteriously granted a no-bid contract.

Also he was CEO of the health company who got hit with the largest medicare fraud fine in history for performing heart stents on patients who didn't need them, and I'm assuming other fraudulent poo poo. It's amazing that a state full of old people who are reliant on Medicare votes for him. Naked corruption is basically the modern GOP to a tee, and now naked racism.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
Edit not worth it, thread bad

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

gently caress Whitey posted:

He wasn't defending racism, he was talking about how it's common for the left to be attacked as secretly, or "closeted", racists

And yet they also went on insinuating that Koalas March talking about racism is Just Starting poo poo™ and explicitly told people to put her on ignore because a black woman's POV on racism is clearly not of interest.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Dropping in to depart on all y'all some steaming hot

... Biden takes.

I hate this country so much.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Office Pig posted:

... Biden takes.

so 2016 again?

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Office Pig posted:

... Biden takes.

Wait is he seriously going to try to run in 2020? God drat it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ikari Worrier posted:

Wait is he seriously going to try to run in 2020? God drat it

I forgot to mention that the author of that article is basing his opinions on a blog post.

It's so worthless, Bill Scher is so worthless.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Office Pig posted:

... Biden takes.

youre dead to me joe

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The article reads and ascribes some stuff that isn't really there, but the blog itself is some pretty weak skills/dignity/hard work fluff.

https://www.sppa.udel.edu/bideninstitute/research-policy/biden-institute-blog/Let%E2%80%99s-Choose-a-Future-That-Puts-Work-First

e: It's also a page for a University of Delaware Policy and & Admin school named after him, so it's not like you'd expect anything hard-hitting in the first place though.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 23, 2017

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Ikari Worrier posted:

And yet they also went on insinuating that Koalas March talking about racism is Just Starting poo poo™ and explicitly told people to put her on ignore because a black woman's POV on racism is clearly not of interest.

I mean calling the guy racist for that post is a bad look too and I understand why he would view that as air quotes starting poo poo even if that is an even worse look

Harping on a dude because he used an innocent phrase and that somehow became him being racist and he got mad about it is dumb as poo poo

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Office Pig posted:

I forgot to mention that the author of that article is basing his opinions on a blog post.

It's so worthless, Bill Scher is so worthless.

Oh so not "Joe Biden is angling to run in 2020!", more "I really really want Biden to run also look he wrote a thing!"

That makes me feel better at least.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
we got fake news'd

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
I'm also going on record as saying that I like KM a lot and think she makes a lot of worthwhile posts and don't think she should be ignored

Everybody sucks let's all do kickflips

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gently caress Whitey posted:

I mean calling the guy racist for that post is a bad look too

I said he was defending racists because he was. I called him racist because of his actions after that. Instead of having a discussion, he came back and acted like a shithead. I have had multiple productive conversations with posters who do not always agree with me, and I think others here can attest to that. I am no stranger to differing views or conflicts. I apologize when I realized i have made a mistake or misjudged a person or their actions.

Judging by his actions, I did not misjudge him.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Koalas March posted:

This is more accurate than you know. He tried to report me multiple times and we all laughed at him lmao

I said that based on his leper colony probation message, so about what I assumed.

Ikari Worrier posted:

Oh so not "Joe Biden is angling to run in 2020!", more "I really really want Biden to run also look he wrote a thing!"

That makes me feel better at least.

Sadly those kind of articles are very common and are often used without critical evaluation to attack other factions. Even reading the article beyond the headline is uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

When the 'Democrats are a waste' thread was active, it was always funny to see the thread erupt into screaming when someone said something about healthcare but it got really quiet when thread posters started talking about 'virtue signaling' and how 'Trump was better than Hillary/Obama was worse than Reagan'.
It wasn't all the posters, not in the slightest. But a large chunk of them had rather problematic opinions.

• Locked thread