Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dead Apo Dead is the dubskulls of medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Should have been an Achievement.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Does anyone remember which team in one of the previous LPs had a player named something like "Reroll Dead to Dead"?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Blame the Total Warhammer 2 thread in Games for finding this.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
:eyepop:

I see the Skaven wish to challenge the Orcs for best cheerleaders!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Donnerberg posted:

:eyepop:

I see the Skaven wish to challenge the Orcs for best cheerleaders!

Those are supposed to be Lizardmen. :v:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I feel like someone needs to try and recreate the Skaven team from Agent's Bloodbowl 1 LP so they can fight to the death over which is the better team

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 4 - Vampires

This is Gridlocked's vampire team. Vampires are an interesting team and generally considered to be one of the D-list barely viable teams except in the rare games where av7 is steel and they don't roll ones. I actually enjoy playing vamps quite a bit because I don't mind playing the shittier teams as they tend to have interesting strategies behind them.

Also I was sick while recording and Mozic wasn't going to be available for 10 days or something, so I had to get it done anyway. Excuse any dumb sniffling you hear.

Post-game spoilers:
Well rip dice then. I don't think I've ever had pick up dice that bad, the actual odds of failing that many pick ups is .30%. I don't know what the odds of breaking armor that often for just the one cas are but probably disappointing as well. I'm not upset with the game though, it was fun at least to have a dominating pitch presence even if, in a meta sense, the team is coming away with basically nothing.

I did roll a special roll on the skink though. Trigger warning: unfunhaver comments incoming.

+Ag is amazingly cool on skinks, it really is, and I would absolutely take it if the choice were completely up to me, but here is why I'm not entirely thrilled about the roll all the same.

1. Special skill rolls are extra tv, a normal roll is +20, doubles or +ma/av is +30, agility is +40, and strength is +50. So this one level is worth 2 as far as team value is concerned, thats alot and is dragging the team ever closer to the tv which block goes from 'nice to have' to 'absolutely mandatory' which is dangeorus when we still only have 2 leveled saurs.

2. Because it's so early in the team's development we're still going to be playing saurus ball, which means that +ag isn't really going to even come into play in a super meaningful way, the same way it would as if we were actually trying to pull some bullshit with the skinks. So it's kinda bloaty for not as much benefit as we might get.

3. +ag skinks immediately go on a kill list and everybody wants to make them loving dead loving now, and that isn't something we can adequately deal with right now. Short of just playing stupid boring conservative with that skink (in which case why even have it if we don't use it) we can't really protect it. So it's going to eat every blitz with block players until it dies.

I know +ag is goign to win the vote and I don't even disagree with it, but I figured the thought process behind 'why would we NOT pick +ag here' is more interesting than why we WOULD pick it.

As far as other skills possible and general team building theory:

Skinks tend to be ball handling and area denial and anything that makes them better at that is good. Skinks are generally all built the same and the stand out skinks are going to be the ones who happen to roll doubles or stats. Skinks aren't typically used to mark dudes because they're hurt too easily and having every last skink in the cas box is one of the lizardmen loss conditions. So they're used to screen, run the ball, and very rarely get extra assists to help saurus punch dudes. Anything that makes them better at this tends to be useful.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
This is the nicest Sauruses I have ever seen! They really don't want to hurt anyone.

I want to see more BS plays so I'll jump on +Ag. Can't wait to see what happens.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
You cant give up on the 2+ dodges anywhere dream man, that skink has got to get +agi.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh, +Ag, obviously.

Also, I found an alternate camera angle of your game:

https://imgur.com/IFXShrp

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
+Ag on a skink ? : getin :

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
+AG Skink goes where he spleases.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
+AG. Time to turn that Skink into The Nightcrawler.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
+AG DAT SKINK

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for buying an apothecary.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

namad posted:

Seconded. Also +Ag for Fleetfoot

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
+AG on a stunty dodge player is loving filthy and it's only reasonable because Lizardmen are a bad team that can't take mutations so you can't big-hand the sucker. Take the AG and enjoy your miniature elf.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'M gonna go against the grain and vote Jump Up because Fleetfoot is gona die next game otherwise.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Dying while tripping in a 5 man cage and getting gang fouled to death is the end all skinks aspire to. Don't take that away from him.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To bad. I'm the voice of reason, with my threats of making a Doof team.

I dno if I should as here or Discord. But, tell me about Chaos Doofs.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Chaos dwarves are dwarves but super unfair because they get guys that can move while still being tackle fuckers.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did my own searching too. And they have mutations, as is fitting for Chaos. Chaos Doof Blocker with tentacles. :getin:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

+AG if only so that we can fantasize giving him leap until he dies immediately.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

+AG if only so that we can fantasize giving him leap until he dies immediately.

The unfun truth is that if you have stunty and +ag there is no reason to ever leap since you 2+ dodge everywhere!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Agent355 posted:

The unfun truth is that if you have stunty and +ag there is no reason to ever leap since you 2+ dodge everywhere!

Not true. You leap as an act of prayer and devotion to nuffle, placing the fate of your skink into his mighty, dice rolling hands for great favor.

And also because it looks cool when it works.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

namad posted:

I did already, I thought it was in the video but I guess I cut the recording before we got there.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'M gonna go against the grain and vote Jump Up because Fleetfoot is gona die next game otherwise.

Gotta get good at getting out of there.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Who wouldn't want some skink bloat? +AG all the way.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Get the +Ag and have fun with your bullshit lizard while it lasts.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
+AG is the only real option here. And when he dies you'll get some nice TV to work with!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
+AG is our only option. And maybe the skink will get targeted with a blitz!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
+AG will give you 2 more turns to hand the ball off to your saurs rather than spending 3-4 turns protecting the backfield because your skink can't make a 3+.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
+AG skinks are the stuff of nightmares, a small ball of hate and claws that cannot be contained

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Gotta be +AG --> Leap will be the next skill and then we can all enjoy his inevitable leaping destruction

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I'd just like to take this opportunity to vote AGAINST leap. Stunty players have no need for leap.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

namad posted:

I'd just like to take this opportunity to vote AGAINST leap. Stunty players have no need for leap.

You're a saint.

Obviously +Ag won and we now had a skink with a hug gently caress-off target on his back!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

namad posted:

Heresy. All pieces gain value from the ability to fly through the air to their deaths.

Just not tactical value.
Which makes me rethink proposing leap in favor of a skill that tempts agent to kill his skinks though its use.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agent355 posted:

Obviously +Ag won and we now had a skink with a hug gently caress-off target on his back!

It's one of your LPs. All your players always have a huge target, Agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Agent355 posted:

You're a saint.

Put all your eggs in one basket! Get another level on that skink and pray for Block. Or a STR up.

• Locked thread