Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

could he control people like tokoyami or the ua principal??

edit: FROPPY????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Beasteh posted:

I don't think he explicitly 'controls' animals with his quirk, he just puts willpower into his voice and asks them to help him

talking normally wouldn't affect nearby creatures

e: I wonder why it doesn't work on humans :thonk:

maybe it doesn't work on sapient beings? like, it'd only half work on dolphins and the like

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

whether it does or not, kouda does not seem like the type to use it that way. for story/character purposes, it would probably overlap too much with guys like shinso

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

I listened to this season's soundtrack. Man this series lucked out getting literally everyone it has involved with it. The director is good, the voice cast is good, the character designer is good, the composer is good, the studio in general hasn't really hosed anything up.

I hope they get everyone back for S3 since it looks like we're getting it.

I wish someone would pick this up for TV in America since it deserves more mainstream success but I dunno if it really fits anywhere. CN wouldn't do what they should do and air it in the afternoon and just deal with anyone complaining about the violence/fanservice, it doesn't really fit Adult Swim IMO, and DisneyXD would mutilate it.

It's funny since at least on the comic level My Hero Academia is crushing DC and Marvel right now. But yeah I'd love some more general exposure for the series.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness sold better than Wonder Woman on the same week after its incredibly successful movie

What am American comics

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Beasteh posted:

I don't think he explicitly 'controls' animals with his quirk, he just puts willpower into his voice and asks them to help him

talking normally wouldn't affect nearby creatures

e: I wonder why it doesn't work on humans :thonk:

I think his power is literally just communication with animals, not necessarily controlling them. Like, he can ask them to help him and that's it. Maybe it also lets him communicate with humans regardless of whether they speak japanese or not?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Terper posted:

What am American comics
The marketing equivalent of fourth-generation incest.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

The marketing equivalent of fourth-generation incest.

hapsburg spine does seem to be setting in pretty badly ever since the liefeld era

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Got to watch the episode. Koda's voice is so cute! I like that he's pretty chatty when he actually talks. :3: Also, it might have just been a few seconds but I do appreciate Uraraka showing the results of her remembering the basics of CQC. :v:

Principal Mouse playing the role of cackling villain was the highlight of the episode though.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Wait, what was the way the principal left open for them?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Death... Death is the only escape.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I love that Uraraka's eyes go blank and she exhales weird to enter a CQC murder state

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

I love that Uraraka's eyes go blank and she exhales weird to enter a CQC murder state

She's not great at Hamon.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Presumably it's the far left.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Being incredibly smart seems like a good quirk.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Terper posted:

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness sold better than Wonder Woman on the same week after its incredibly successful movie

What am American comics
Bad.

To be fair though, 'My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness' is really good.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pakled posted:

Presumably it's the far left.

I thought he wanted them to climb the rooftops and start jumping their way to the exit, with some of the knocked-down rubble acting as a bridge for them to cross gaps between buildings.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, Mina has super acid. If she'd done anything except just using it reactively, they would have done a lot better. I dunno what the hell Kaminari could've done, though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, Mina has super acid. If she'd done anything except just using it reactively, they would have done a lot better. I dunno what the hell Kaminari could've done, though.

the best way to outsmart a genius is to become very very stupid, too stupid for them to anticipate what you're doing

kaminari would have succeeded if he was smart enough to make himself dumb

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, their best bet probably would have been using Mina's acid to open up new routes through buildings, and moving through them faster than Nezu could bring the buildings down on top of them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Slime posted:

the best way to outsmart a genius is to become very very stupid, too stupid for them to anticipate what you're doing

kaminari would have succeeded if he was smart enough to make himself dumb

"never argue with an idiot they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Too bad the hyper intelligent mouse has them beat on experience and wisdom too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yuuga fights smart not hard. Majestic

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
They were in a big industrial park. Lots of conductive metal around. If they'd ever figured out where Nezu was, Kaminari's electricity might have been useful.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mirage posted:

They were in a big industrial park. Lots of conductive metal around. If they'd ever figured out where Nezu was, Kaminari's electricity might have been useful.

Mina should've Endeavor'd her way to up to high ground, then they could've had a chance at finding and getting to him. Panic is a hell of a thing, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kaminari keeps radio and communication equipment on himself as well.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
True best girl has arrived.

Oh, and if you haven't read the manga, I recommend skipping the preview for next week.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 23, 2017

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bakagou is such a massive rear end in a top hat. That he'd actually hit Izuku to get him to shut up kind of pushes him out of "likeable jerk" territory and demolishes any admiration I can feel for him. He's pretty much just an abusive prick. I don't care about his will to win, he should not be a hero imo.

(I'm not even sure he should've been allowed to stay at UA after that first training fight but whatevs)

Also holy poo poo LOL that he thinks he can beat All Might, like ever. Fully absorbed One for All Midoriya is going to be able to totally wipe the floor with him.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 23, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LostRook posted:

Oh, and if you haven't read the manga, I recommend skipping the preview for next week.
Echoing this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Given the episode title I was expecting this to be a flashback episode with the big fight next week so it was a nice surprise to find out that wasn't the case.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
oh bakugo "half-assed result" :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm catching up to last week's episode and none y'all told me there was a You Say Run moment!

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I wonder how I'd feel if my kid got beaten up into unconsciousness by his teacher.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Bakugou sucks rear end and is a stupid prick, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. God what an unlikable rear end in a top hat.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Darke GBF posted:

Bakugou sucks rear end and is a stupid prick, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. God what an unlikable rear end in a top hat.

No ones arguing against you, man.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All hail the Exploding Baron King of Death

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Hihohe posted:

No ones arguing against you, man.

Everytime he comes up in this thread or on reddit, someone always defends him. I wanna say he won the last character popularity poll, too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It is possible to like a character's portrayal if not who the character is

For example Endeavor is a shitstain but an important hero

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I loved all of the punched up violence in this episode but the whole Bakugou being knee'd into a building thing was a bit over the top for not doing permanent damage.

The Bakugou puke gutpunch and All Might literally just loving flailing Bakugou into the ground with Midoriya were the highlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hell yea

• Locked thread