Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Yikes, so is Caesar fat or is it some bulky rear end muscle?

Also while i'm super excited for actual good welfare servants I'm not looking forward to half of them being lame swimsuit versions. Guess if I want the actual ones I'll just have to invest in their plastic duplicates, especially for ones like Scathach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
two of the welfares are swimsuits and even one of those is not actually showing off a swimsuit

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

two of the welfares are swimsuits and even one of those is not actually showing off a swimsuit

Three; Saber Liz definitely counts as a lame swimsuit version too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's bikini armor from the DQ3 warrior, eat my rear end.

Also this is a thing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6w27-3Ic_jeVczQ25oQnRsQWM/view

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I guess it is dumb to complain about something being too goofy in a game that features several identical copies of female King Arthur but still, I dislike the swimsuit version of Servants and think they are too silly for the game.

That is indeed a thing. :eyepop:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

I dislike the swimsuit version of Servants and think they are too silly for the game.

wtf.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The fact that the best Archer in the game is Altria clad in one-piece swimsuit and shooting things with water gun is insult to my sensibilities. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

80% of this game is goofy gags about tits and asses and also references to 70s action movies. this game has taken it self-seriously for, at most, a consecutive 5 hours in camelot. coincidentally it was immediately followed up by the goofiest chapter in the game where gilgamesh talks about how much he wants to gently caress japanese girls and gives you 100 exp cards and ishtar and ereshkigal keep proposing threesomes.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

The fact that the best Archer in the game is Altria clad in one-piece swimsuit and shooting things with water gun is insult to my sensibilities. :colbert:

her name is Artoria and her swimsuit is cool.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I guess it is dumb to complain about something being too goofy in a game that features several identical copies of female King Arthur but still, I dislike the swimsuit version of Servants and think they are too silly for the game.
I'd like to think that in future they'll move to using more costumes for swimsuits and spend their game design time on more new servants.

But in practice I'm sure swimsuit servants are a huge driver of quartz sales so that won't happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

swimsuit servants are badass and half of them have more clothes than their default versions

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

too silly for the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also summer martha is a delinquent that punches and kneedrops people to death

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

80% of this game is goofy gags about tits and asses and also references to 70s action movies. this game has taken it self-seriously for, at most, a consecutive 5 hours in camelot. coincidentally it was immediately followed up by the goofiest chapter in the game where gilgamesh talks about how much he wants to gently caress japanese girls and gives you 100 exp cards and ishtar and ereshkigal keep proposing threesomes.

I know and I actually like the general goofiness in F/GO. I still think swimsuit Servants are lame.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I know and I actually like the general goofiness in F/GO. I still think swimsuit Servants are lame.
the only lame thing about them is that they didnt give us summer hans this year

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

the only lame thing about them is that they didnt give us summer astolfo this year

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
same but summer moriarty

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

taser rates posted:

same but summer moriarty

at least moriarty was in the event and was badass

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me Moon cancer Hans in an inner tube wearing floaties and still being voiced by Koyasu

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Ascended swimsuit altria looks cool though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also summer Altera

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

Ascended swimsuit altria looks cool though.

Her coat and the ponytail are the ideal sprite imo

Also this year's swimsuit servants were more silly and weirdly designed and then you got cool poo poo like Rin in her poofy coat with babby Bull of heaven

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Her coat and the ponytail are the ideal sprite imo

Also this year's swimsuit servants were more silly and weirdly designed and then you got cool poo poo like Rin in her poofy coat with babby Bull of heaven

summer nero, summer nitocris, and summer frankenstein are good

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fate go's servant design has always been hit or miss with different artists.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot of swimsuit alts in games are pretty boring, but FGO does pretty well in terms of design and gameplay variation, so you're not rolling just for "char in a swimsuit", but also "char with a cool/funny spin on their design and personality".

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 23, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are literally no bad servants in fate/grand order

okay kuro kinda sucks but she's a welfare that hits like a truck and as 'goofy girl who just wants a happy ending even though she shouldn't be allowed one' she's fine. shame about her being from prism ilya, though.
and jack's design is pretty bad but she's a cute character and you can use her first sprite.

everyone is good.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah ok, speedo Heracles, Hawaian shirt Cu, or Vintage one-piece swimsuit Vlad would be cool.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Summer Aloha Cu :colbert:

Also Swimsuit Hans would be interesting, if only because you'd actually be able to see the effect Innocent Monster has on his body (normally hidden under his clothes). The burns, the fish scales, etc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nobu's guitar/turntable combo weapon is fuckin inspired

Also Jack's design sucks but she at least has a fun friendship with Rhyme and Jeanne Lily so it gives her more stuff than anything happening in fuckin Apocrypha

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Also summer Nitocris and summer Marie are cool and good, but they are exceptions that prove the rule.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Nobu's guitar/turntable combo weapon is fuckin inspired

Also Jack's design sucks but she at least has a fun friendship with Rhyme and Jeanne Lily so it gives her more stuff than anything happening in fuckin Apocrypha
let's be real even spartacus has more going on in fgo than he does in apocrypha. apocrypha sucks

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Apocrypha gave us Atalanta and Astolfo, so it's good by me, regardless of anything else.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wait which welfare other than Scathach is in swimsuit mode?

Also i'm just not a fan of swimwear. Not like it matters since the servants i'd want to get anyway are all 5* in either Swimsuit or Regular attire. :negative:

And Saber Liz is uncomfortable to look at.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Apocrypha gave us Atalanta and Astolfo, so it's good by me, regardless of anything else.

Yeah they're ok. Astolfo is cute but shame he's such a poo poo character in game. Personality is excellent though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Wait which welfare other than Scathach is in swimsuit mode?
nobody. ishtar's a summer servant but she has a jacket on and never takes it off even in her final ascension art

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Endorph posted:

nobody. ishtar's a summer servant but she has a jacket on and never takes it off even in her final ascension art

Well that makes sense. Wearing a jacket in the summer protects you from bugs and burning.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's a goddess, she can style however she wants

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly astolfo's decent after their buffs. they're not great but like, they're probably better than the other 4* aoe riders (Martha, Marie, Summer Mordred). Summer Ishtar's way better than them though and she does the damage thing Astolfo wants to do and is a welfare, but still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

siegfried and astolfo are the two memes but there's way worse 4*s than them. they were so meme that they've gotten like 3 buffs each when they really only needed one to be usable.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/typedril/status/895785977091895299

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My NA account still doesn't work, but I got Lancer Dark Artoria on JP so whatevs, life goes on.