Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Is there a LFG/raid planning thread? Always liked doing this stuff first with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Its Miller Time posted:

Is there a LFG/raid planning thread? Always liked doing this stuff first with goons.

Yeah, it's in PGS. Also jump in the discord. Generally there's always something going on and you can get things going much faster in there.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833906

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

JBP posted:

I started using DARCI in crucible and it's loving wild.

Really? I thought it would be less effective than higher impact snipers

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you shoot them in the head using your 2 billion aim assist

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Attention xim and paddle users...

If you throw in some Counter Strike 1.3 style crouches in a 1v1 you'll never lose a gun fight again. More than two crouches and you're officially teabagging your enemy as you're killing him and it's extremely teir.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

el B posted:

If you throw in some Counter Strike 1.3 style crouches in a 1v1 you'll never lose a gun fight again. More than two crouches and you're officially teabagging your enemy as you're killing him and it's extremely teir.

this is like the reason you used paddled controllers so if you weren't already doing this lmao

also yeah tons of people think i'm bagging them and it's hilarious

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Yeah, I've been messing around with this lately and having some luck. Just need to train my brain to do it more consistently.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
[quote="“el B”" post="“476684867”"]

If you throw in some Counter Strike 1.3 style crouches in a 1v1 you’ll never lose a gun fight again. More than two crouches and you’re officially teabagging your enemy as you’re killing him and it’s extremely teir.
[/quote]

Please explain in more detail, just crouch and uncrouch repeatedly or something different?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Please explain in more detail, just crouch and uncrouch repeatedly or something different?

just crouch spam, yeah.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is like the reason you used paddled controllers so if you weren't already doing this lmao

also yeah tons of people think i'm bagging them and it's hilarious

Ah jeez. I accidentally did a couple times and the light bulb went off.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it's hilarious when it doesn't work

https://i.imgur.com/5uxvZ8k.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

it's hilarious when it doesn't work

https://i.imgur.com/5uxvZ8k.gifv

Been missing your snipes :allears:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Been missing your snipes :allears:

Haven't really dug into crucible much. I'm way more of a PvE player with this stuff when its fresh. Few nights of QP and the one Flawless card is about it so far. Sniping is in a real bad place right now though. It's much harder to fight the fact that ammo is scarce, matches are shorter and there's less things to shoot at in a situation that encourages a good snipe.

That said, the Trials sniper is loving lit. After that the blue sniper Aachen-LR2 is pretty ace; Ambush and Snapshot. I still like Single Clap quite a bit because explosive rounds is kinda good in this meta. It takes way longer for shields to regen so people are more apt to engaging you without full life and with everyone hugging walls so going for the wall/body shot on a dude that's half health is netting a surprising amount of kills I wouldn't even bother with in D1

I'll never give up sniping in Crucible no matter how bad Bungie makes it because

https://i.imgur.com/445zBeg.gifv

doming some nerd out of his super is the most satisfying thing ever.

I gotta give it to Bungie though, there are drat near zero medium to long range lanes you can set up shop in. Anything that resembles a D1 sniping lane is half the length and has 3 other routes to it.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 23, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Haven't really dug into crucible much. I'm way more of a PvE player with this stuff when its fresh. Few nights of QP and the one Flawless card is about it so far. Sniping is in a real bad place right now though. It's much harder to fight the fact that ammo is scarce, matches are shorter and there's less things to shoot at in a situation that encourages a good snipe.

That said, the Trials sniper is loving lit. After that the blue sniper Aachen-LR2 is pretty ace; Ambush and Snapshot. I still like Single Clap quite a bit because explosive rounds is kinda good in this meta. It takes way longer for shields to regen so people are more apt to engaging you without full life and with everyone hugging walls so going for the wall/body shot on a dude that's half health is netting a surprising amount of kills I wouldn't even bother with in D1

I'll never give up sniping in Crucible no matter how bad Bungie makes it because

https://i.imgur.com/445zBeg.gifv

doming some nerd out of his super is the most satisfying thing ever.

I gotta give it to Bungie though, there are drat near zero medium to long range lanes you can set up shop in. Anything that resembles a D1 sniping lane is half the length and has 3 other routes to it.

A go(o)d post

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

lol you use a xim? okay i gotta work that into my next erotic fanfic

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poom being a XIM user has been thread canon for basically as long as I can remember

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

lol you use a xim? okay i gotta work that into my next erotic fanfic

Don't worry i didn't start using it until after we went flawless, so your record is pure.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I'm the guy with 3 Tractor Cannons. AMA

I'm irrationally angry that it's a power weapon considering how poo poo it is.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Any one up for the raid RIGHT NOW?! Need a couple of good men and a couple of Goons for the raid, psn: sl_jones

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

A go(o)d post

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

hahaha getting a few of the same legendary weapon is adorable but can i interest you in one of my seven riskrunners?

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Got an exotic engram from a public event while only level 4 earlier. Didn't even think that'd be possible. That Hard Light will make levelling up my alt much more pleasurable though, thanks RNG!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Got an exotic engram from a public event while only level 4 earlier. Didn't even think that'd be possible. That Hard Light will make levelling up my alt much more pleasurable though, thanks RNG!

:mad:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:same:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
For the Rat King quest should I just wait for next week to try to do the Nightfall with five minutes remaining. I'm not a very good player or have friends who are. I have already completed the nightfall this week.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
This weeks nightfall is garbo, so yeah, just wait for next week when it'll hopefully be a strike that isn't rear end.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
hope u like pyramidion

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This weeks nightfall is garbo, so yeah, just wait for next week when it'll hopefully be a strike that isn't rear end.

is there a worse strike than this one? even if get it doing strike challenges i nope out

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
There's something very wrong with their "random" system. I just spent a couple hours dinking around the EDZ, going from public event to event, and EVERY single one was a Fallen glimmer extraction. At least seven in a row.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Some areas only do one kind

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Coldforge posted:

There's something very wrong with their "random" system. I just spent a couple hours dinking around the EDZ, going from public event to event, and EVERY single one was a Fallen glimmer extraction. At least seven in a row.

you're gonna love Titan events

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kiranamos posted:

Some areas only do one kind

96 spacejam posted:

you're gonna love Titan events

Yes, thank you, I'm aware. These are spots that can be one of two or three different events (taken blights, cabal intel, etc).

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

During the weekly flashpoints, the selected region has extra bosses and events. If you can recall the time when it was the EDZ during week 1, you might remember the boss colossus that appeared during the taken public event, or the extra-tough warhound that spawned during the excavation drill event near the fallen pike gangs. Basically the flashpoint public events are a little bit tougher than normal.

poo poo this is right I never 2+2'd the evidence

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I really don't like pvp and bungie is really slow when it comes to changes.

Hunters are super weak, mida is everywhere, hand cannons suck, and the faction gear is just reskins.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

NNick posted:

Hunters are super weak

Hunters have both of the two best pvp exotics (Foetracer and Knucklehead Radar), so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

Hunters have both of the two best pvp exotics (Foetracer and Knucklehead Radar), so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Knucklehead radar is pointless with Mida. Foetracer is good but doesn't make up for the pointless dodge and weak grenades.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Anybody up for helping me beat the nasty man's at trials?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

NNick posted:

Knucklehead radar is pointless with Mida. Foetracer is good but doesn't make up for the pointless dodge and weak grenades.

Dodge can be used every 20 seconds (if slotted), can turn you invisible/let you dodge any damage/whatever and reloads your guns. It's hardly pointless.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

NNick posted:

People are only using MIDA because of the radar situation. Nameless midnight is legit better than MIDA except for the radar situation. There are also plenty of other guns with faster TTKs.

Use AoE grenades for area denial instead of for damage, plus you get another area denial tool in the smoke bomb melee, and can turn invis with the dodge, which isn't great but can save you for a second or so which vanilla dodge probably can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

NNick posted:

Foetracer is good but doesn't make up for the pointless dodge and weak grenades.

hahahaha Shadestep was THE defining perk for high end crucible play in D1 for more reasons than you're aware of and the fact it still exists in D2, even if at a lesser capacity (cooldown), means its extraordinarily powerful still.

I'm sorry you're bad at pvp.