Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's calling trump a nazi white supremacist using trumps own words .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

nwo hatchet man posted:

The warriors still blow tho

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, this is a layup for any team that wants positive press. But it's good to see the Warriors actually following through on it

AsInHowe posted:

This is a huge distraction from Durant's love of farts.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please change the thread title to "The Legend of Doug Bucket"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/rolopez42/status/911702252993122304

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

McDermott: Hey I am dribbling here!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Paul Zuvella posted:

Guys Basketball is really good????

The San Antonio spurs are going to be the 4th best team in their conference this is absolutely hilarious. Golden state is going to have to play OKC, SAS or Houston in the 2nd round lmaoooo.

Meanwhile the Cavs get to play 3 teams of literal children wearing kneepads.

Yeah the East rules.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i, for one, am excited for this impromptu dunk contest where the entire league dunks on donald trump one at a time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MY GUYYYYYYYYY

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
882,000 likes in 7 hours. Lebron did good. And now he had to post a video because that tweet blew up like that.

https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/911704933283520512

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jack's Flow posted:

882,000 likes in 7 hours. Lebron did good. And now he had to post a video because that tweet blew up like that.

Taking his talent to the Senate

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
*kobe bryant, @dril, and barack obama start wildly waving 10s around after each new tweet is posted*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

U Bum is a tremendous insult

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I didn't particularly care if the Rockets got Melo anyway but lol at the trade being held up for so long and Kanter/McBuckets/a 2nd was the best they could get

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait to see the mcdermott/baker sets

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lmfao.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Just lol if Presti manages to swing a Melo for Kanter and parts trade.

Just lolling right now. Presti ditched 2 lovely contracts in one off-season and got Paul George and Carmelo Anthony out of them. And all he had to "give up" was Sabonis and my boy Doug McDermott and a second.

Man's swinging for the fences this year, and if everyone leaves at the end of the year, he gets a fresh slate to work with. with a solid center on the books and a bunch of moveable parts.

God drat, Sam Presti.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/911619638181711874

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Paul Zuvella posted:

Legit forgot about them lmao. They probably should win like 44 games this year, and potentially more if KAT and Wiggins improve a good deal.

I think the clippers are probably closer to a 40-44 win team than 42+. Blake and DJ are still really good so their ceiling is still fairly high.

Having your main 2 sources of getting buckets as Gallinari and Griffin is dangerous. I'd be shocked if they were both healthy all year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

R.D. Mangles posted:

U Bum is a tremendous insult

The simplicity is what makes it so good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/911724995528798209

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I love reading about what politicians think about athletes and what athletes think about politicians. It's riveting stuff. Maybe we can find out what the Speaker of the House thinks about the Melo trade or find out what the new look Chicago Bulls plan to do about the State of Illinois' budget crisis and outstanding pension liabilities.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Having your main 2 sources of getting buckets as Gallinari and Griffin is dangerous. I'd be shocked if they were both healthy all year.

They also lost Reddick, who helped in a lot of ways across the offense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

somehow doug is going to drop 40 on the bulls this season

e: just occurred to me that the Knicks literally gave up less to get Melo than the Bulls did to get Cam Payne.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Libertine posted:

I love reading about what politicians think about athletes and what athletes think about politicians. It's riveting stuff. Maybe we can find out what the Speaker of the House thinks about the Melo trade or find out what the new look Chicago Bulls plan to do about the State of Illinois' budget crisis and outstanding pension liabilities.

Don't be such a grumpy gus

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

somehow doug is going to drop 40 on the bulls this season

e: just occurred to me that the Knicks literally gave up less to get Melo than the Bulls did to get Cam Payne.

Presti da gawd

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

This but Gary Payton Sr.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Libertine posted:

I would love to hear what paul ryan thinks of the melo trade

i dont think the bulls would be very capable of managing the state since they can't even manage 15 dudes

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I saw the same thing happen with Phil Kessel, and then the Penguins became unstoppable.

So congratulations Thunder on back to back rings.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Jack's Flow posted:

hes running

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SnottieDrippen/status/911729854877335552

Melo Savage szn inc

I wish I could see what LeBron said in his original draft of that tweet

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If you don't find sports players publicly making GBS threads on a bad president fun you are lame as all gently caress

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kevin Garnett in a suit on the sidelines barking at a nonchalant ben gordontrump

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

the_american_dream posted:

If you don't find sports players publicly making GBS threads on a bad president fun you are lame as all gently caress

:yeah: Enjoy LeBron dunking on the President for 100% valid reasons you loving grumps

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

you are better at photo chop than me

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

The simplicity is what makes it so good

The Burn that lasts and lasts

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Man, its going to be fun to watch the TWolves win more games but I am going to end up losing sleep watching Utah games....

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jesus Christ, Barkley has become such a spineless twat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kkxb1N28v4

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Brolander posted:

you are better at photo chop than me

Thanks but nahhh, I probably just have more time to waste. I do feel like we need to up our photoshop game around here though.

Should have changed his hat to Knicks colors, dang it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

the_american_dream posted:

GobiasIndustries posted:

:yeah: Enjoy LeBron dunking on the President for 100% valid reasons you loving grumps

:yeah: :yeah:

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Jesus Christ, Barkley has become such a spineless twat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kkxb1N28v4

Let's be real. Nobody should take life advice from Barkley. He has thrown a man into a window during a bar fight, spit on a child, and had a post playing career DUI. He even had a whole ad campaign about not being a role model, why should anyone decide to view him as one now? Meanwhile LeBron and Curry have been upstanding citizens that are known to do charity work and help their communities. Also, what does Barkley know about getting a championship invite to the White House?

• Locked thread