Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

in Be The Change Emblem, everyone's a winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That's it!
Fire Emblem Heroes: BTCYWTSITS
I mean, or say the whole thing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Man TMS was a really good game, I should replay it some time

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe I should add to the OP that everyone with a phone good enough to play this game has a good enough phone to emulate FE7 or FE8 and have a whole section on how to get into the main series if you like this game

Also the thread title is getting kinda stale and Marty and Rolf STILL aren't in the game so if you have any good thread title jokes post 'em

You should definitely do that! Seems like there are a lot of folks here who haven't played a Fire Emblem.

My vote for thread title goes to this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want a switch version.

I'm never touching my Wii U again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

I mean, it very much is. That's just the nature of gacha games.

You just have to know what you are signing up for.

Yeah, but at least they try to do something about it. :shobon:

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

[...] not everything is anime lesbians

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't really want to buy TMS again for switch but a rerelease would guarantee a banner in this game so I'm all for it

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

in my fire emblem heroes lore everyone is gay

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

You should definitely do that! Seems like there are a lot of folks here who haven't played a Fire Emblem.

My vote for thread title goes to this.
My vote as well, at least until someone comes up with a better thread title. that side quest was such a nice surprise, I expected it be cringy as hell at first

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is there any kind of color weighting in tempest trials, feels like enemy groups have been 95% red during this. nephenee/reinhardt/ninian/peri is just killing everybody

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

I pulled this Raven a while ago and finally got far enough through my backlog to level him thanks to the Musou maps. I don't particularly like him or think he's good enough to justify giving him death blow, and I already have a spare -atk Camilla to mulch if anyone besides Cherche ever wants brave axe+. What B skill and special does he want (waiting for a barst to eventually give him reposition)?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

is there any kind of color weighting in tempest trials, feels like enemy groups have been 95% red during this. nephenee/reinhardt/ninian/peri is just killing everybody

Yeah it does feel very red. I expect it to be a bug but idk

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

I've noticed that too. Makes Titania and Soren really disappointing to use.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's definitely red heavy, I'm at 10k now and I thought it seemed a bit off too

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think "Fire Emblem Heroes: Tiki is still my waifu. My love transcends gender and dimensions" will fit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I did 2 runs and it was loving swarming with red units and my only blue unit was a fury Nephenee so I'll have to swap out fury for her default atk/spd+2 because the fury chip was just too much. Most of my blue mages already have 3k hero so I want to avoid having them on my first team if I can

It was like the first thing I said. I just swapped out Nephenee for Oscar since she already has all the skills I want for her and I was just farming HM. Took away his firesweep lance and put him back on his sapphire lance and if I decide I like him enough, maybe I'll give him Life and Death after the tempest trial is over. He's been working out pretty well

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think "Fire Emblem Heroes: Tiki is still my waifu. My love transcends gender and dimensions" will fit

Just remove the "Fire emblem Heroes:" part

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the op actually needs a lot of work yikes

I'll see about getting it updated for the game as it currently stands and adding the bit about other FE games

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Fire Emblem Heroes: Help Ike & the Black Knight plan their wedding

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'll see about getting it updated for the game as it currently stands and adding the bit about other FE games

Make sure you tell them to not get warriors because all Musou games are trash

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
FE Heroes: The Wedding of Everyone With Everyone

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Generic Octopus posted:

This is good

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I've used four potions today on the TT to get more orbs and I am still only rank ~6000.

I guess people are rushing to their new Waifu Mr Black Knight.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cobalt60 posted:

This is me. I've never played any of this series - I just side-stepped over when I hit endgame in FFBE and don't have as many daily tasks anymore. It seems pretty fun, better than everything else I tried in this category for sure.

No offense to those who seem to champion it, but the story is not keeping me in the game. If anything, the large portraits of many characters may be why I quit this game. I cannot pose as a respectable man while also flashing Lolita-knight-fantasy-devianart on my screen...

EDIT: This was meant to be a positive post, like "game is fun even without story, imo" not an argument of whether a prepubescent underdressed girl is or isn't 1000 years old

It's totally fine to know nothing about the Black Knight in Fire Emblem. But if you've never heard of any stories about a Black Knight, it sounds like you missed an entire genre of literature. You can't touch chivalric literature without stumbling over a Black Knight or two. Hell, even Monty Python has a Black Knight. It's like saying I don't know what a Gentleman Thief is.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 23, 2017

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Tiki is my perfect waifu, always.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Octolady posted:

Tiki is my perfect waifu, always.

Good taste, not that other tastes are invalid.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Fire Emblem Heroes: Gay Marry Your Favourite Wizard

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

if u need me to add gameplay tipz for the optimal gaming experience lemme know

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
The mini tempest trials was really red weighted too, to the point where most of the times I was on the last map it was just Hector, Olwen/Rein, and their entourage of sord lords

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Well, just pulled a 5* Athena (+HP/-DEF). Should I raise her for herself or feed her to Olivia for Wo Dao+?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Generic Octopus posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna marry the black knight to amelia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The OP still sucks but it sucks slightly less now

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

Well, just pulled a 5* Athena (+HP/-DEF). Should I raise her for herself or feed her to Olivia for Wo Dao+?

I have a similar Athena (+def/-res or -res/+def, I don't remember which). If you need someone to sword people she's good enough for that job and she has a decent fake accent, but if you don't need another one then yeah go ahead and mulch. I would level her to 40 and mess around with her for a bit and see if you think it's worth it personally. For what it's worth I fully built mine and I kind of regret it because I rolled a million swords after that so even though I think she's fine, she's also kind of redundant.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

The OP still sucks but it sucks slightly less now

Was the guaranteed 5 star on the 120th pull without getting one always a thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Was the guaranteed 5 star on the 120th pull without getting one always a thing

yeah but I'm not sure it has triggered even once for anyone, it's extremely unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Can you get great badges from the training towers?