Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what's the loving point even, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

a kitten posted:

ooo Claymore

:3:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/911095711214665728

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I hope the guys who made Samus Returns get to remake fusion.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

Warning: Plague of Gripes.

Is there a thing about this guy I missed? I recognized the style from this bit, but I didn't know he deserved a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNNk14MpEI

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

this would be so much better if it was actually drawn and not 3D models posed and run through a filter :(

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Is there a thing about this guy I missed? I recognized the style from this bit, but I didn't know he deserved a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNNk14MpEI
He does a lot of commissions.

a lot of commissions, you see

Plague still owns though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA&hd=1

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

this would be so much better if it was actually drawn and not 3D models posed and run through a filter :(

Aside from the slight aliasing, nothing would make this interently better when hand-drawn. Picture is good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HenryEx posted:

Aside from the slight aliasing, nothing would make this interently better when hand-drawn. Picture is good.
Except that it's clearly 3D models run through a filter and has jaggy bits clearly visible all over which makes it look bad if you look at it for more than half a second, yeah

good idea, bad execution, really.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

good idea, bad execution, really.

Much like your posting. :boom:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

needs to be 8000 pixels longer, tbh

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

what a thrill

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zetsubou-san posted:

needs to be 8000 pixels longer, tbh

Fun fact, you can actually make the ladder really short! As soon as the floor despawns the ladder loops endlessly until the end of the song. If you just stay still when the song starts and only start climbing again just before it ends it'll only be a few dozen feet long. :eng101:

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

They forgot that cop Morty was also fat.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are those children pole dancing? :staredog:

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randaconda posted:

are those children pole dancing? :staredog:

In Rick & Morty, there's an extradimensional city inhabited entirely by alternate versions of the super-scientist Rick and his grandson/sidekick/meatshield Morty. A recent episode had a scene set in The Creepy Morty, a kind of nightclub for the Morty underclass, but the dancer was just a Morty dressed in a non-sexual cowboy outfit waving prop guns despite there still being a pole.

Rick & Morty is fuckin weird.

TenCentFang has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Sep 23, 2017

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Stay frosty, ho!

"Hate to tell ya this kid but, you're dead. Don't worry, death is just the beginning. If you form a contract with me you'll come back better than ever."

Neurion has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Sep 23, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Again, not fanart.

That's the cover of one of the books.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I still have to complement the artist on actually redrawing the scene from a slightly different angle for the phone's screen. Many artists out there would simply use photoshop to duplicate the base image onto the screen, and just ignore the slight shift in perspective.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

maou shoujo posted:

I still have to complement the artist on actually redrawing the scene from a slightly different angle for the phone's screen. Many artists out there would simply use photoshop to duplicate the base image onto the screen, and just ignore the slight shift in perspective.

Yusuke Murata is a legend

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

maou shoujo posted:

The way the books are set up is really cool, they actually utilize the right angle formed by the corner.

e: in Japan, the US versions just have it flat and i'm mildly salty about it.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't think I ever realized until right this moment how impractical Tatsumaki's outfit is. Jeez, and I thought Supergirl's skirt was an issue...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm a little bit surprised that Pathologic hasn't become a memetic sensation the way games like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy have. Age might be a factor; the game was first released in 2005, and only became a cult title after Rock, Paper Shotgun did their write-up of it in 2008. There's also the fact that it isn't that easy to get into; a lot of time is spent managing various meters, and it's one of those games where you can screw yourself over beyond recovery and not realize it until ten hours later.

Anyway, have some memes.

And the only one of these that's actually any good.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
it was a pretty good watch.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bluhman posted:

it was a pretty good watch.

I see a watermark but can't find the artist(possibly reading it wrong). Source?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Richie is awesome in It 2017. Every other line he speaks is a sex joke and the others react accordingly. He even gets the best one going against Pennywise.

He is also played by that kid from Stranger Things and apparently cannot stop swearing while filming season 2.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
This counts as fanart, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq24Ghu1IbA

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

TenCentFang posted:

I see a watermark but can't find the artist(possibly reading it wrong). Source?

Prolly should've just included it, my bad

http://missmuggle.tumblr.com/post/165376227820

looks sfw as far as I can see.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Apparently Sonic Forces is doing cross promotion with Hooters.

This is a thing that is happening.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

TenCentFang posted:

I don't think I ever realized until right this moment how impractical Tatsumaki's outfit is. Jeez, and I thought Supergirl's skirt was an issue...

That character's only defining characteristics are "looks underage" and "rear end is about to fall out of her dress" and I refuse to believe you just noticed that now.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

This one is extra weird for me because there's no subversive irony, just the TittyBat, a girl like actual Hooters waitresses, working at Hooters and being unhappy about it. I guess being unhappy about it is the subversive irony, but that kind of only makes it worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not really subversive or ironic because food service workers are just unhappy by definition.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

TenCentFang posted:

rodbeard posted:

That character's only defining characteristics are "looks underage" and "rear end is about to fall out of her dress" and I refuse to believe you just noticed that now.

Interesting thing about Supergirl a few years back: an artist change on the comic brought in Jamal Igle who notably portrayed her with bicycle shorts because the character was meant to be 17 and "Ma Kent would never let her out of the house in a skirt that short alone." Igle's daughter was a toddler at the time as well and he didn't want to contribute to objectification.

Cue a bunch of fanboys whining about bicycle shorts. :rolleyes:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I hope I'm not the only person who sees the irony in this post.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
This all makes sense to me. Rouge would work at a Hooters and Knuckles would be a regular. Fine.
But why did he get the wings?

THEY SERVE RINGS! YOU CAN JUST ORDER RINGS AND THEY'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU!

I swear I'm not a hedgehog who likes to rapidly head to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Knuckles, the fighting freak, doesn't need no rings.

• Locked thread