Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Looper posted:

PUBG style Kirby Air Ride City Trial.....

Kirby's Trackmania?

I have never played Air Ride

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

oddium posted:

when you adhere to the eightfold path and shun drugs + alchohol...

How I feel after a bowel movement.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
don't do drugs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my drug is typing in long rear end passwords on a nice keyboard, fingers gliding from key to key without thinking about it, you know hardcore decking

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

don't do drugs and do exactly as i don't
-the philosopher mathers

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
2 pages in and the drug chats still going. :classiclol:

Heya monthly games chat!

Recently I've been keeping a schedule of games I've been playing, focusing on mostly completing them as opposed to playing til half way then moving onto the next, which I do alot.

After owning Overwatch for a year now, I finally decided to get into it and start playing. I am the cancerous junkrat main, and I LOVE IT.
Level 16 and going strong.

Battle Brothers is another game I've been digging recently.
Just Jumping into a new game, chucking on a podcast like easy allies or bombcast and just building up my dudes is the good stuff.
Mount and Blade x X-Com is an accurate descriptor of this game.

I took the dive and also jumped right into Original Sin 2. I started the first with a mate I hang with every day, got about 15 hours in and haven't touched it since.
Good thing the second game is easy to jump into because woah boy, it's great!

Last but no least, I noticed Steamworld Dig 2 released on steam "heh" so I decided to get into the first one beforehand.
Chillest game to just dig and upgrade, which I haven't really been doing since my days of minecraft and terraria.

Most of these while just toking up the tiniest bit and just vibing out while listening to some soul music!

RIP Charles Bradley.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I finished Dying Light and while the open-world stuff in that game is pretty good literally everything about the story is laughably bad. The game writes the protagonist using bog standard white savior garbage while at the same time making the player directly responsible for the medicine shortage that drives a good third of the game's plot. The game never really addresses the fact that the player is the cause of the dire straits of his allies through his blind allegiance towards the cookie-cutter evil corporation. The villian is so pointlessly evil he might as well have been lifted from a Saturday morning cartoon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked Dying Light's story because it leads you over and over to the point of "well it can't get any worse than this for the characters" and then it does every time. I think the bad guy is a little too pointlessly evil and the ending of the DLC ruins the entire story permanently in one fell swoop which is a shame. I also am not sure what you mean by the "white savior garbage" thing because Harran and its citizens being Turkish (I think?) has very little to do with the actual story- and in fact wouldn't it be the opposite of the "white savior garbage" thing because the interference of the American group you work for is what causes a lot of the problems that you have to solve? But I like Kyle Crane (that's the protagonist in case you forgot his name) because it's rare to see a protagonist who has limits to how much he wants to help. Eventually he ends up doing most of the menial errands he is assigned just because you are the player steering him around and you want to do them, but I did like that he complains about stuff that gets asked of him that sounds ridiculous.

It's also a very pretty game and drat fun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Looper posted:

You too can wear a diaper on your head and rear

now you're making me angry.......

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always think about roasting my own coffee but for small batches it just crosses the line of being too much effort for not enough reward. Grinding the beans by hand is relaxing though and helps produce a better flavor

Edit: also

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't have coffee very often but when I do I like it sweet. I have a pretty crazy sweet tooth though so that applies to most food that has the capability for being sweet.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I looked out the window a moment ago and saw a balloon floating away from someone's backyard, but there was no one there to have let it go.

I can only conclude that there is now a very sad ghost in my neighborhood.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I figured out a movement ability in Samus Returns that the game doesn't explicitly tell you and it felt really good, especially since I haven't done that since Super Metroid.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got an espresso machine today from my grandpa. He said he may come visit me at some point but wont until its set up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I figured out a movement ability in Samus Returns that the game doesn't explicitly tell you and it felt really good, especially since I haven't done that since Super Metroid.

Which one? Is it the flail around on the circle pad ability? Im a pro at that one

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

I got an espresso machine today from my grandpa. He said he may come visit me at some point but wont until its set up

Nice! I want to buy one of those machines too. But the prices of the cups always scare me off

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm am chidlish at times when it comes to videogame stories, so honestly Dying Light is just more funny to me because I"m imagining Sonic (seriously where' hasn't this Voice Atctor been part of) parkouring and wacking zombies in the head and drop kickin them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I had to look that one up because I'm a moron and couldn't figure out how to recreate it the one time I saw it happen. It's a neat touch, and makes for some cool little puzzles where you need it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Which one? Is it the flail around on the circle pad ability? Im a pro at that one

if you use a power bomb on a clingable surface while holding spider ball it launches you like a rocket in a straight line

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

if you use a power bomb on a clingable surface while holding spider ball it launches you like a rocket in a straight line

It was funny because I figured it out after doing a vertical one clearly meant for it just by bombjumping which has those vents that steal your bombs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

It was funny because I figured it out after doing a vertical one clearly meant for it just by bombjumping which has those vents that steal your bombs.

That's why I didn't figure it out for a while, all the vertical ones I just used bomb jumping and was stumped when it cropped up horizontally

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lawbreakers is 25% off this weekend. That was fast!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Taintrunner posted:

Lawbreakers is 25% off this weekend. That was fast!

1% off for each concurrent player, I like this promotion idea.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The latest Windows update reactivated Cortana even though I had previously disabled it.

Also I guess to search my own computer it still tries the cloud and poo poo first because now all my searches are hanging while my internet is down

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

How I feel after a bowel movement.

Username + post combo :eyepoop:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Final Fantasy Legend games are so loving good.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hi I just got back to this thread

Real hurthling! posted:

It got an unfair rep as a baby game because you can finish courses just by holding A

if you really race with people its cool

Holding A makes you not move actually

Dr Cheeto posted:

I have never played Air Ride

hosed up, with that avatar

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

The Final Fantasy Legend games are so loving good.

Hell yeah I've played through both the first two literally tens of times

Third one isn't so hot imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sefal posted:

Nice! I want to buy one of those machines too. But the prices of the cups always scare me off

Cups? Like you drink out of?

Or do you mean like those kuereg pod things? gently caress those. this machine takes espresso powder from a 5 dollar bag that lasts all year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Hi I just got back to this thread

Holding A makes you not move actually

hosed up, with that avatar

Mea culpa its been an age

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, I want to play couch coop with my girlfriend on something dumb. I hear the console version of Diablo 3 is inferior to the PC, but does the PC version allow same-screen couch coop? Furthermore, since the game isn't on Steam, does anyone know if it's tricky to get it to work with the Steam Link? I've had good experience with most non-Steam games but Blizzard is its own thing...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Console d3 is much better than pc. Like a zillion times

It is the couch coop version and the version with the best control scheme

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can't do splitscreen D3 on PC but there's nothing wrong with the console versions of the game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

Hell yeah I've played through both the first two literally tens of times

Third one isn't so hot imo

same but in reverse, to me the first two FFL games feel like dubious protopyes of the SaGa system (which they are) and that series is... it's fun but it's sketchy and barely functional in its sunday best, forget when it's in its wifebeater and boxers on the gameboy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The White Dragon posted:

same but in reverse, to me the first two FFL games feel like dubious protopyes of the SaGa system (which they are) and that series is... it's fun but it's sketchy and barely functional in its sunday best, forget when it's in its wifebeater and boxers on the gameboy

at a certain point, the jank becomes the charm, and at least in FFL2 you can make sure your Mutants don't forget their good moves.

i still remember killing God with a chainsaw in the first one though, and 11 year old me was super lucky because i was crazy underleveled (due to not understanding the system, because nobody does) and i just happened to have a chainsaw. i didn't read that trick in nintendo power or whatever, it was just the last thing i desperately tried, thinking "surely this won't work right" and then well lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
saga 2 ds is good yo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

saga 2 ds is good yo

oh loving hell i forgot that got a fan patch, time to import it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is pilot wings resort good or am i better off playing the original one i already like?

• Locked thread