Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm glad Benson Henderson isn't in the UFC anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
we're in the middle of the worlds longest takedown attempt here gents

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Welcome back to the takedown attempt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

ya

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Well that sure was a Benson Henderson fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think I still score the second for Pitbull because in the end Bendo was 0-1 for a takedown attempt and Pitbull got a takedown, had a lovely guillotine attempt, and landed a knee. Succeeded at nothing loses to succeeded at a tiny amount of stuff.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

same

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol so Benson's only Bellator win in 4 tries is when Patricky's brother's leg spontaneously exploded.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol good

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was the right decision.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Grimace call out.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ben Henderson always sucked.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

old.flv posted:

was the Roy fight actually good?

it wasnt bad but it was a bit of a gas out. the stand up was scrappy at least

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheKingslayer posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lmao, I think he's as sick of the meme as we are

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he has no respect for them and rightfully so

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

chaleski posted:

lmao, I think he's as sick of the meme as we are

When he found out about it he thought it was loving weird and said he's not going to wear of so naturally it became the cornerstone of Bellator's promotion

Anyway Kazuo Misaki is still racking up impressive mmath wins

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I can only assume Bellator are selling those $4-in-walmart-quality sweaters for $39.95 a piece at the concession stand.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I just watched Daley's fight with Misaki again, and not only did he lose by a wider margin than I remembered but in the third round Frank Shamrock says "I just don't like Daley's chi right now" lmao

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Memento posted:

I can only assume Bellator are selling those $4-in-walmart-quality sweaters for $39.95 a piece at the concession stand.

I didn't see them being sold anywhere , but I saw about 10 people with them on so they must have had them somewhere.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

TheKingslayer posted:

I liked him in MFC, but then again, that was MFC.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ben Henderson's style is cool if he's fighting people who aren't good and infuriating if he fights people who are.

His WEC fights and his run up to the UFC title were really good and the Khabilov and Thatch fights were good too.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

I didn't see them being sold anywhere , but I saw about 10 people with them on so they must have had them somewhere.

Someone got into ebay with them first and are probably making bank

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMA-fighter-Fedor-Emelianenko-Glorious-Sweater-of-Absolute-Victory-/252895037124

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

ahahaha that gnp is some donkey kong poo poo

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

ahahaha that gnp is some donkey kong poo poo

I miss mark munoz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i found the target audience for the bobbleheads http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Bellator-offering-free-bobblehead-Fedors-pic:2675516?pc=63

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my favourite thing is the dude slipping in the viral marketing for his site where you can buy that jumper and it not really standing out amongst the rest of the stupid posts

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Why did Bendo get the boot from the UFC again?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nierbo posted:

Got caught sucking off his opponent in the hospital after the fight. Totally unprofessional

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nierbo posted:

They let him walk during negotiations.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Skip My Posts posted:

Got caught sucking off his opponent in the hospital after the fight. Totally unprofessional

Trigg: you should have just closed the door, Ben

Ben: "How the f*** am I gonna close the door? I ain't no b****. He started that s*** dude. I was like, "Come over here then if you want some, b****. You can't see me you f****** p****". So he started walking towards me and threw his dick up so he took a d*** sucking. I told him he was gonna get sucked if he came over. He kept saying "Get your brother! Get your brother!" My brother was standing right there he could have jumped in but we're not like that. I ain't no b**** and I ain't no punk

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

Ben: "How the f*** am I gonna close the door? I ain't no b****. He started that s*** dude. I was like, "Come over here then if you want some, b****. You can't see me you f****** p****". So he started walking towards me and threw his dick up so he took a d*** sucking. I told him he was gonna get sucked if he came over. He kept saying "Get your brother! Get your brother!" My brother was standing right there he could have jumped in but we're not like that. I ain't no b**** and I ain't no punk

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

They let him walk during negotiations.

joe silva is a loving wizard

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

lol. if this was typed in a realistic portrayal of bendo's christian persona it'd get a lmao for sure. lol tho.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Baby I'll never forget the moment you proposed, being showered by the booing of ten thousand people, presided over by a glum, sweating man called Giblert

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Baby I'll never forget the moment you proposed, being showered by the booing of ten thousand people, presided over by a glum, sweating man called Giblert

hahaha

also thought back to keven after the joanna / andrade fight saying something along the lines of 'if you can win every second of a fist fight that goes for 25 minutes are your opponent is still capable of proposing then i don't want to watch you fight'

has there ever been a good and not at all bizarre in cage proposal?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nierbo posted:

He got a good offer from Bellator, and the UFC went "lol, we aren't matching that, that is way too much money for you", so off he went.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
"Uhh thanks for having my kid, I love you with all my heart and will you marry me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Actually the ufc offered him a deal that was less guaranteed money but had higher earning potential if he won his fights. Ben publicly said that he didnt think he would be winning fights, so he took the bellator deal. And by god he was right