Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I've been doing way more stuff with shaders in this one than I ever did in D1. So many options. So much bling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is Midnight Talons the best shader? Find out tonight at 11

FishBulb posted:

I N D I G O
M A T R I X
AESTHETIC

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20OneX/video/36948654

RIP The spawns

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Why would they?
That poo poo rains down on you from the loving heavens.

The good ones don't but it's not like I have enough glimmer to apply them anyways

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I probably won't get deep enough into the the post campaign stuff to amass rained upon quantities. I'm mostly playing it as a SP game.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

:siren:

Just some quick reminders:

The "Big Dum Contest" is still running and you can win some PSN gift cards. So if you're creative and you want to have your DLC paid for, come and submit an entry!

Hit the Discord for more info in the #bigdumcontest channel:

https://discord.gg/95fbQSe

Overflow Clan:

I've taken personal command of the clan PS4/PC Battalion 7 "Boat Drivin Space Moanas" AKA "Clan Vape Wolves" and that's the group I'll be shepherding through the raid and other "hard" content. It's also the overflow clan with the most room in it currently. Come join. Friends and family (but why would you) welcome:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2551632

sent a join request as notbrian

thanks pal!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Rinkles posted:

I probably won't get deep enough into the the post campaign stuff to amass rained upon quantities. I'm mostly playing it as a SP game.

:frogout:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I prefer how shaders work in D2. I felt like I just used like 1 or 2 shaders I liked in D1 and forgot about them. I love mixing and matching shaders to maximize how much of a clown I look like. Also the effects when spawning in are a solid addition, love the vex effect I have now.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I have my own clan but like I'd play with you lovable doofs....is there somewhere I can go for PS4 non-clan membership playtime????
Just jump on the discord and say hi, I've been in plenty of groups from there with people who weren't in goon clans and nobody got all :reject: about it

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

NNick posted:

Knucklehead radar is pointless with Mida. Foetracer is good but doesn't make up for the pointless dodge and weak grenades.

Shut up

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Some garbage bullshit I'm sure.

It's actually pretty fun. It's a fast-paced Taken strike on Earth with no time sink invulnerability phases on the boss that I can recall. I like it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Live At Five! posted:

I prefer how shaders work in D2. I felt like I just used like 1 or 2 shaders I liked in D1 and forgot about them. I love mixing and matching shaders to maximize how much of a clown I look like. Also the effects when spawning in are a solid addition, love the vex effect I have now.

Being mixable and being consumable are two separate things.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So how many supers actually do damage when you activate them? Titan Striker does which is great in pvp because it's good as an "oh poo poo" button

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Being mixable and being consumable are two separate things.

True, but being consumable doesn't bother me at all. I have so many shaders and it really doesn't feel like Bungie is shorting people on consumables to entice people to buy silver. It's not hard to get bright engrams, especially with the 3 level xp buff each week.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I need more glimmer so I can put shaders and mods on everything over and over.

I fondly remember when I initially hit the glimmer cap and thought there was nothing to spend it on. I was incredibly wrong.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it be possible to get absolutely nothing out of a loot chest (public event), or did something go wrong?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Midnight Talons is poo poo compared to Golden Trace, looks like a fake gold necklace.

It is MIDA, meh, that is pointless with Knucklehead, a good exotic.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cvnvcnv posted:

PS exclusive strike is good, you get to actually plain fight the boss.

Midnight Talons is poo poo compared to Golden Trace, looks like a fake gold necklace.

It is MIDA, meh, that is pointless with Knucklehead, a good exotic.

Yeah but you can't use Foetracer if you're using Knucklehead.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah but you can't use Foetracer if you're using Knucklehead.

Foetracer is great, allows you to focus in on someone. Knucklehead is great, keeps you aware of everyone.

I find Foetracer better when rolling with a team so they can watch my back and I can tell them what some dolt is doing. Solo queue I find Knucklehead better so I can watch my own back and not get ganged up on.

Can't go wrong with either.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
any boner owners around to attempt the NF with me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poor life choice posted:

It's actually pretty fun. It's a fast-paced Taken strike on Earth with no time sink invulnerability phases on the boss that I can recall. I like it.

The final fight is good but it’s got Taken versions of the dick pistons from King’s Fall throughout.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Request sent to overflow 7 as DestroyerBob

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Is the Titan strike the only one that sometimes changes? I did it like 7 times and the 7th was different, not just fallen enemies but also a differenth path. They should do that on all strikes

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I kinda wish strikes were more worthwhile. I've literally only done one of the strikes, arms dealer. I got it twice in a row whenever I did the strike milestone. I haven't tried the nightfall because I've heard how awful it is this week so I probably won't until next week. I think there should be a heroic strike playlist because I loved running strikes in D1 but they don't seem worth touching in D2 so far. I don't have an issue with that since there's actual content to do instead but it'd be an easy way to have some extra stuff to do.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
They're the only way to get Zavala's armor set and weapons. Unless Vanguard-branded weapons can drop from Banshee.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Any PS4 raid group willing to take on a scrub that hasn't touched the raid yet? I can do the nightfalls no problem but rounding up six people is a struggle.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

AAB posted:

I need more glimmer so I can put shaders and mods on everything over and over.

I fondly remember when I initially hit the glimmer cap and thought there was nothing to spend it on. I was incredibly wrong.

Not to mention mods. I need more mods. I need all the mods. I need more space for all these mods...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Any PS4 raid group willing to take on a scrub that hasn't touched the raid yet? I can do the nightfalls no problem but rounding up six people is a struggle.

There's an lfg bot in the discord that can help you find raid groups, or just sit in the discord and ask around. Plenty of groups are fine with new raiders, and I even still see the occasional mostly blind grouo

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
I use lucky pants and old fashioned cuz they have the best lore

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ah geez Ashir, what do I know about knowing stuff? Get on the loving sparrow.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Glimmer is a way bigger bottleneck than shader consumables

Even the fancy eververse ones I have a ton of from all the bright dust the game is giving me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Glimmer does suck because there's no way to get a lot of it in a hurry but if you run around playing the game and avoid changing mods and shaders constantly you'll cap out in a few hours.

If you're super desperate keep a stack of some lovely shader that you get a ton of and dismantle it when you need an infusion. Enjoy holding that X button though!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Holy poo poo the instant summon sparrow is a gamechanger, why the hell isn't this just the default option.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
By instant do you mean you tap the ghost button, tap square / whatever on xborx, and you're in it immediately? That seems amazing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So this was fun

https://twitter.com/kalennistarion/status/911863237955559424

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Darth Windu posted:

By instant do you mean you tap the ghost button, tap square / whatever on xborx, and you're in it immediately? That seems amazing

Yes, it's crazy how much nicer it is. Also you can jump off of stuff and instant-summon to do all sorts of rad flips.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Somewhere in a dank, lonely corner of the Tower, Arach Jalaal recalls the one glorious moment in his life when the Red Legion attacked and he stood atop the burning ruins of the wall yelling "I loving CALLED IT, BITCHES!" at the top of his lungs.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Holy poo poo the instant summon sparrow is a gamechanger, why the hell isn't this just the default option.
Because the default option is fine and gives you something to hope for if you don't have it yet?

Is this your first loot game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What's up with getting sparrows so late? Io especially felt egregious on foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Rinkles posted:

What's up with getting sparrows so late? Io especially felt egregious on foot.

There's a lot of bad reasons you could make up to pretend it's not padding, but it's padding. Thankfully your second and third characters don't have to suffer the same fate.