Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

that happened 74 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
God I forgot Trump fired the goddamn dude investigation him for crimes.

loving gently caress IS ONLY SEPTEMBER.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Ehh, more like this I think:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Look on the bright side, we're about 1/6 1/12 of the way through this clusterfuck!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

without google, tell me what was going on in july

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/B4IleaveU/status/911436659907948544

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

without google, tell me what was going on in july

july was pardoning shitbag arpaio wasn't it

also it's kinda cheating but he was definitely slagging off hilary

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

that was the end of august :lol:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Two Finger posted:

No Arpaio was only like two weeks ago, though he was hinting he was going to do it for a while before then.

July was mostly Russia Investigations and the last failure of the healthcare bill in the Senate IIRC, though I'm sure I'm missing roughly twenty different things that happened.

Oh also THE MOOCH

Edit: Also the fallout from THE MOOCH, including Sean Spicer and Reince getting fired

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ah Mooch, it feels like its been forever since you last graced our TVs. Good riddance.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Vasudus posted:

that happened 74 years ago

Canada's *at least* 7 decades behind the US tbf

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I love how the scandals are so goddamn dense that wikipedia, the site which once hosted a list of christian symbolism in anime exceeding 1MB of plain text, has to break it down into 3 month chunks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Trump_presidency,_2017_Q2

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

facialimpediment posted:

Also, Kaepernick has one hell of a First Amendment claim through the court system now, if he wants it.

Link or explanation please?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

joat mon posted:

I think it's because Trump is basically saying the NFL should fire Kaepernick because of his political views/actions, which would basically mean that he'd have legal grounds to say, "Because the president said this and I was suspended/fired/etc shortly thereafter, this constitutes an assault by the government on my freedoms as constitutionally protected by the 1st Amendment." I don't think there's precedent for anything quite like that, but yeah, this is some shaky ground that Trump didn't need to put his feet onto.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

joat mon posted:

Just my thoughts. The First Amendment is all about government restrictions on your speech. So theoretically, the NFL could blackball Kaepernick for drat near anything they want, so long as it follows the applicable laws, because they're a private company and the First Amendment doesn't apply. The NFL choosing to crack down on players' speech, if they so chose, isn't really against the law/Constitution.

In fact, the NFL can even force you to talk when they want you to and fine you if you don't.

Now if Kaepernick is getting blackballed specifically because an NFL team is worried about the President calling the team nasty names on Twitter and decreasing that team's business? Now you're getting into territory where The Government is forcing the NFL to do something specifically because one person, Kaepernick, is being all uppity and speaking out against the government. Not only is Kaepernick's speech restricted by a government action, but his livelihood is too.

Would it be a successful lawsuit? Maybe not, but it sure has a hell of a chance when The President keeps weighing in on Twitter, forgetting that he is The Government.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 24, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He may have grounds now. The whole reason why steroid use was a huge deal in MLB is because sports leagues like MLB, NFL, and NBA are given government-approved monopolies over their broadcasting rights. Congress used this in order to ruthlessly investigate HGH use in professional sports in the mid 2000s; who's to say that a player couldn't also argue that the president trying to exercise influence on the league to squelch him constitutes a violation of his first amendment rights?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah the legal protections enjoyed by sports leagues are shady as gently caress and isn't really something they want light shines upon

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
My first thought was "What a stupid thing to get upset about" and then I realized Trump's poll numbers have been rising a tiny bit because Kelly had him on lockdown. He must have escaped.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Even blind people can see what's up

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/911753456100286464

Edit: whoa hey, a civilian drone crashed into an 82nd Airborne Black Hawk's rotor http://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=59c66b01bbb02500010ea4b8

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 24, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Not that anyone gives a poo poo but nzs general election results are in. Neither big party can form a majority, they both need the help of our dear old racist as gently caress ultranationalistic nz first party. So we could very well be looking at a hung parliament - since in this situation it has happened before

i care deeply because i want your country to take me and my humble degree in nerd poo poo in

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911789314169823232

Escalation status: Added 'little' to Rocket Man

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hold me closer, tiny rocket man.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

For funsies as an addendum, Tom Brady skipped the White House trip this year and Trump still hasn't said poo poo about Jimmy Kimmel basically tanking the healthcare push. Trump attacks black professional athletes with more passion than he attacks the KKK.

Hm I wonder why that could be

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"they won't be around much longer!"? :cripes: jesus christ, we're gonna have a hot war on the peninsula over this childish garbage.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tens of millions of voters looked at this guy and set yup, that's leadership material. If you've never actually sat down and thought about it for very long, do that this very second and here's the screaming pillow if you want it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The idea that a lot of those people don't truly understand what the President does, (i.e. act as head of government as well as head of state,) and think it's like electing a national Prom King, is what allows me to sleep at night.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Are y'all ready for Germany to poo poo the bed in its elections today?

Anything that involves the AfD getting less than, uh, 14% (?) is a victory.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
is that a probable danger? gently caress.

I was about to say it seemed safe to run on "We are in a good place, don't gently caress it up " but i remember last year, a decade ago.

We are all that Platoon Leader in the Terminal Lance comic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are y'all ready for Germany to poo poo the bed in its elections today?

Anything that involves the AfD getting less than, uh, 14% (?) is a victory.

I thought Merkel was a lock? BBC has sucking "Mutti's" dick all week long.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I thought Merkel was a lock? BBC has sucking "Mutti's" dick all week long.

Oh, I'm not saying I don't think Merkel will win, I'm just hoping Germany tells Nazis to gently caress off loud enough, and doesn't experience the same right-wing surge we're seeing everywhere else.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dead Reckoning posted:

The idea that a lot of those people don't truly understand what the President does, (i.e. act as head of government as well as head of state,) and think it's like electing a national Prom King, is what allows me to sleep at night.

I'm not sure how that's comforting.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope so, too. Prayers are worth fuckall, but I'm offering them all the same.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm not sure how that's comforting.

There's not much comfort to be had these days.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
"Let's see, what can I do to alienate a bloc of massively rich and powerful Republican NFL team owners? I know just the thing!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911904261553950720

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trump is hella mad at the NFL because he tried and failed to buy the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

Much like the show Billions, owning a sports team is how the American aristocracy knights a person. It's not just about money.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If Donnie has a friend in the NFL at the owner level, it's Bob Kraft of the Patriots.

Welp.

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/911926759590957056

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I hope a bunch of dudes all sit during the games today, I think the offensive line for the raiders are planning to all kneel

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

Trump is hella mad at the NFL because he tried and failed to buy the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

...why? That's like buying beachfront property in Ohio.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BigDave posted:

...why? That's like buying beachfront property in Ohio.

Uhhh, Ohio has beaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Probably all he could afford

• Locked thread