Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chifley
Nov 4, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

If you're not a club or AFL member on a ticket ballot, well, do you have a spare grand kicking around? Public access disappeared around about the time clubs started getting serious about membership numbers in the '90s.

Richmond member, as is my father - I was out of town for the QF so I gave him my card to buy tickets for that . Then he forgot to register for the ballot and I didn't bother confirming with him because I'm an idiot. Where are scalpers going to be selling tickets, ebay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Chifley posted:

Richmond member, as is my father - I was out of town for the QF so I gave him my card to buy tickets for that . Then he forgot to register for the ballot and I didn't bother confirming with him because I'm an idiot. Where are scalpers going to be selling tickets, ebay?
Oh jesus. Yeah, you blew your best chance. There's the legal scalping where you basically have to pay $1000 for some expensive breakfast with "entertainment" that you have no interest in but even those will be snapped up.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hiddenmovement posted:

The fate of lids is enormously cruel.

he's got a couple more years left in him. GWS aren't going to fade away anytime soon. They'll probably trade out a couple of fringe midfielders and end up with 3 first round picks again

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

The only consolation of a Richmond GF win I guess is knowing that absolute racist fuckwit Crows supporter we were sat next to at the BombersCrows game won’t be happy, so that’s some silver lining I guess.

I've got some bad news about small sections of supporters from all 18 clubs

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

you basically have to pay $1000 for some expensive breakfast with "entertainment" that you have no interest in.

I did this and I have no regrets. I might after next weekend, but for now I am at peace with my poor financial decision making.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

racing identity posted:

I've got some bad news about small sections of supporters from all 18 clubs

No I know that, its just I had to deal with this one personally for 2 hours and he's by far the worst I've ever been around in 25ish years of going to the footy (police involvement and such). So if he's unhappy this time next week then thats something (I'm really stretching here because i want a 100 point Tigers loss).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gay picnic defence posted:

he's got a couple more years left in him. GWS aren't going to fade away anytime soon. They'll probably trade out a couple of fringe midfielders and end up with 3 first round picks again

You'd Hope that eventually clubs will stop feeding them first founders.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Richmond in the grand final? Gross.

Go Adelaide.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

No I know that, its just I had to deal with this one personally for 2 hours and he's by far the worst I've ever been around in 25ish years of going to the footy (police involvement and such). So if he's unhappy this time next week then thats something (I'm really stretching here because i want a 100 point Tigers loss).

My silver lining will is that Chris Kenny will be sad

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

thepokey posted:

(I'm really stretching here because i want a 100 point Tigers loss).

Personally I'd prefer a 1 point victory to Adelaide, after the siren.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Complete demolition please. Wanna see the commentators struggle to talk about something other than Richmond's inevitable success

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Testekill posted:

You'd Hope that eventually clubs will stop feeding them first founders.

If they keep trading out first round draft picks and get the same in return, it'll be a never ending cycle

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

VWFL grand final's just started. Go Dees!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/GaryAblettJnr/status/911772520273063937

:(

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

VWFL grand final's just started. Go Dees!

It's real boring

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Testekill posted:

Imagine being the only club in who has lost to Richmond in a prelim in 35 years. Or the only club who has lost to the Bulldogs in a prelim in 56 years.

Even worse, imagine doing both over the course of 2 seasons

This will be a good thing for GWS. Because falling at the second last hurdle twice in a row, will only add to the external AFL narrative, and also their internal fairytale narrative when they finally do win a premiership it will feel like they have earned it.

On an unrelated note: I was thinking about how Adelaide probably has the highest percentage of Grand Finals won out of all Grand Finals that they have made, with Fremantle having the worst. Surely someone out there has done the maths for all the other teams.

On an even more unrelated note, because Fuzhou doesn't have an expat sports bar, (least not one I can find), I have booked my train ticket and accommodation to Xiamen to watch the Grand Final the way god intended, drunkenly yelling at a TV screen in a faux-Irish bar in a second rate Asian city surrounded by confused locals and the odd American who has wandered in.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Richmond by 2 points in the vfl gf

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
VFL GF is a real good game of footy. Port Melb up by 5 after the Tigers had a 13 point lead in the 4th. 29min gone on the clock.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

AFTER THE SIREN SHOT

HE'S MISSED

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Hehehehe heartbreak #1 this week

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

AFTER THE SIREN SHOT

HE'S MISSED

The footy gods clearly have a sense of humour.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sturt just beat Port Adelaide by 1 point in the SANFL GF to go back to back

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Dusty shock upset tomorrow, Matt Crouch awarded the Brownlow. the Richmonding is happening

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol if you think anyone other than T Mitchell will be runner up tomorrow.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I hope the real thing goes down the same way as the VFL final

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

On an even more unrelated note, because Fuzhou doesn't have an expat sports bar, (least not one I can find), I have booked my train ticket and accommodation to Xiamen to watch the Grand Final the way god intended, drunkenly yelling at a TV screen in a faux-Irish bar in a second rate Asian city surrounded by confused locals and the odd American who has wandered in.

There's no local footy club renting out a bar? Or even anything remotely close? I know Guangzhou has a club and that there's a few in that southeastern part of China but don't know who's where.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009

Chifley posted:

Spoke to my dad again and he didn't forget; he says he tried multiple times on monday morning after the qualifying win but the ticketek site wasn't letting him register for the ballot saying it was sold out. Do the ballots sell out? That seems contrary to how a ballot works and likely some technology misunderstanding on his part.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
If it helps they also loaded the ballot by the number of years you've been a member. My brother has been a paid member for 12 years, was in the "second" tier of the ballot and got standing ticket - singular. It's gonna be almost impossible to get anything

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Chifley posted:

Spoke to my dad again and he didn't forget; he says he tried multiple times on monday morning after the qualifying win but the ticketek site wasn't letting him register for the ballot saying it was sold out. Do the ballots sell out? That seems contrary to how a ballot works and likely some technology misunderstanding on his part.

maybe touch base with the club and see if they can give you more info or help out?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Peel (Freo 2nds) won the WAFL GF, with Darcy getting the GF record number of hit outs (73), and Freo youngster Luke Ryan getting BOG. I’m just stoked we’ve found a ruckman before Sandi well and truely disappears.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

realbez posted:

Lol if you think anyone other than T Mitchell will be runner up tomorrow.
He's been great for us this year but for some reason I don't think he'll poll that high. Probably low 20s.

Per crowd wisdom I'd say Dusty's got it in the bag though, the main point of interest is if he gets more than Dangerfield*.

EDIT: Does anyone follow Peel in their own right? All I know about them is that they're the "new" club that got planted in Mandurah in the 90s with a weird jumper.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I can't imagine too many do, a new club created in 1997 that had 9 wooden spoons and 7 2nd last finishes in its first 17 seasons before becoming the Fremantle reserves team, that's actually worse than the record (9 in 24 seasons) that led to the demise of Woodville in the SANFL.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009

teacup posted:

If it helps they also loaded the ballot by the number of years you've been a member. My brother has been a paid member for 12 years, was in the "second" tier of the ballot and got standing ticket - singular. It's gonna be almost impossible to get anything

We're at 14 years, 8 years, and 3 years, iirc, give or take.

As snakeskin suggested we'll give the club a call tomorrow.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The consecutive years thing is silly IMO, I'd be a 25 year member if I didn't take a year to travel

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

EDIT: Does anyone follow Peel in their own right? All I know about them is that they're the "new" club that got planted in Mandurah in the 90s with a weird jumper.

Their following is minimal at best prior to Freo taking them on as a reserves. Most Freo supporters are/were Souths/Easts/Swanies fans, now with Freo headquarters now at Cockburn (lol) using Peel as the reserves side makes sense.

My only memories of early Peel are watching Dean Buszan kicking goals in the mid-00's

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

The first two times Adelaide went to a grand final, number 23 won the Norm Smith.

Just a thought.

Counterpoint: The most recent time Adelaide won a grand final, number 13 was BOG.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm maybe but I'd prefer Charlie to win it over Tex so

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
Match Review Panel is currently sitting to decide Cotchin's fate.

Update: Cotch is cleared.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/912125316226719744

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Vic bias, gutless MRP etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Correct decision.

• Locked thread