Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

Hey man, I didn't pick Long Kiss Goodnight, why are you yelling at me?

Perpetuating the rebootathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
Neo Yokio is... Good? I'm three episodes in and really liking it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Snak posted:

Ooh, good call. What about the Sam Jackson role?

Mykelti Williamson or Michael Kenneth Williams. And let's get Tim Robbins into the Craig Bierko role even though it's kind of a downgrade because that's how loving good Craig Bierko was in The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Mykelti Williamson or Michael Kenneth Williams. And let's get Tim Robbins into the Craig Bierko role even though it's kind of a downgrade because that's how loving good Craig Bierko was in The Long Kiss Goodnight.

You bring Brian Cox back though right?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rocksicles posted:

You bring Brian Cox back though right?

Only if he doesn't go out with a whimper like he did in the movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Only if he doesn't go out with a whimper like he did in the movie.

Still had the line of the century, worth it.

unrelated... No sleep next week

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 24, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

UnquietDream posted:

Neo Yokio is... Good? I'm three episodes in and really liking it.

Expand please.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

If you change it so that "Service guarentees citizenship" is now about Mexicans immigrating to the US and Mexico City gets hit instead of Buenos Aires, you address some really topical ideas about both immigration and imperialism.

Somebody write this man a check and get this poo poo into production.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Dark City. It is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I'd love a smart series that expands the world (the city), shows us more about the Strangers, and follows more characters as they wake up in new lives with new memories. It could have certain characters who meet each other in different scenarios but start remembering each other, and somehow keep altering their new programming to continue interacting, much to the concern of the Strangers. Dr. Schreiber could play a larger role, as the man who sells out the human race to the Strangers, introduces them to human nature, but sets a master plan in motion that prolongs the lives of the humans in the city so he can secretly create a resistance, making sure the Strangers are distracted by studying humans rather than just snuffing out their lives.

Kiefer Sutherland was so great as Dr. Schreiber, doing his best Peter Lorre impression, despite typifying the "moral model" of disability theory (a person with a physical disability is shown to be bitter, untrustworthy, or hateful -- it happens all the time in media). But I'd like to see Robert Knepper replace him, just because he has become one of my favorite actors, between Prison Break, Twin Peaks, iZombie, Arrow/Flash, and Carnivale.

Or even better: Michael Emerson (although he already played a human in league with inhuman forces and a brilliant guy with a limp).

With the waves that Westworld made it would probably be a pretty easy sell. I love the poo poo out of Dark City, it would work really well for a TV series.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Started American Vandal tonight, made it through episode two. Holy poo poo, they nailed it. The fake whodunit mystery doc styling is on point, as is the awkward high school poo poo. Goddamn amazing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just bummed a cigarette off Tywin Lannister. American Spirit original.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

lelandjs posted:

Expand please.

There's a legit earnestness to Neo Yokio that makes it hard to actually dislike. My friend and I binged the show and it felt like we were taking crazy pills but Jaden's weird delivery of lines and the frankly baffling amount of voice talent they got for that show astounds. I still can't believe Desus and Mero are in an anime.

Unrelated but this season of Halt and Catch Fire has been great and it feels like it's largely being ignored/forgotten about.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Josh Lyman posted:

Charles Dance is a class act.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gonz posted:

Charles Dance is a class act.
I inadvertently revealed his identity to a pair of 25 yo hot blonde twins I was talking with. After they got a photo, he and his two lady friends immediately left, though they had closed out already. I left the twins for a few minutes bc I didn't want to be around if they asked for the photo since I would be the rear end in a top hat who bummed a cigarette then set these dunk girls on him, and now both groups are gone. Rip everything.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 24, 2017

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Josh Lyman posted:

I inadvertently revealed his identity to a pair of 25 yo hot blonde twins I was talking with. After they got a photo, he and his two lady friends immediately left, though they had closed out already. I left the twins for a few minutes bc I didn't want to be around if they asked for the photo since I would be the rear end in a top hat who bummed a cigarette then set these dunk girls on him, and now both groups are gone. Rip everything.

A Lannister always pays his debts :smug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

Unrelated but this season of Halt and Catch Fire has been great and it feels like it's largely being ignored/forgotten about.

You mean just like the other three seasons?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bos is like my favorite fatherly figure of all time. He can get out of his hole, I know it! All 300k.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
God, The Good Place is good.

Anyone who didn't watch it should fix that asap. If you like The Office, Parks and Rec, and/or Brooklyn 99. It's not directly analogous to any of those, but it's created by Michael Schur, so it's a similar brand of humor. S2 premier knocked it out of the park.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haven't had chance to watch the Good Place s2 episodes yet, but am glad to hear good things. The finale of s1 kinda knocked me sideways but I accepted it, but it pissed my wife off. Likely the new episodes will renew her faith?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Haven't had chance to watch the Good Place s2 episodes yet, but am glad to hear good things. The finale of s1 kinda knocked me sideways but I accepted it, but it pissed my wife off. Likely the new episodes will renew her faith?

I have no idea. I don't know why the end of s1 would make anyone dislike the show. The 1 hour s2 premiere is amazing, though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think the 'out of nowhere' twist that really changes the dynamic of the show bugged her. I can understand it, even if it just made me more curious about the world. Hopefully we can sit down and watch tomorrow night if we don't hit up a film in town.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 24, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously, mentioning that stuff ruins the show... spoiler tag it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I do think it's pretty funny that apparently at least one person didn't expect it since the very first episode

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No one called it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't understand why so many celebrities smoke those awful things.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

No one called it.

qft

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rocksicles posted:

No one called it.

The only people who called it are those who knew going in there's a twist and that doesn't count. I think Snak is one of those late viewers so now he thinks it's an easy spot.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

lelandjs posted:

Expand please.

Vanderdeath covered it a little, it's this weird little show that if there was one element lacking like if the voice talent was less intriguing, the weird random facts (wine has sizes?), Kaz being a little bit of a terrible human being, it wouldn't work. But given that it has that it hangs together rather well and I'm having a fun time with it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Once I knew the twist, I was 99% sure Tahani was going to turn out to be money launderer.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
So I just watched a pack of wolves break into a prison, kill all the guards and inmates just to free one dude. What I'm trying to say is Zoo is awesome.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
First season?

season 3 is off it's loving head... zero ideas are bad ideas at this point.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
ZOO is the right kind of crazy, but S3 really makes some questionable character choices, not least of all turning Jackson into what I think is the world's biggest idiot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

The only people who called it are those who knew going in there's a twist and that doesn't count. I think Snak is one of those late viewers so now he thinks it's an easy spot.

I watched the show week to week from the very beginning...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

First season?

season 3 is off it's loving head... zero ideas are bad ideas at this point.

Zoo was loving amazing. I was really bored and drunk when I watched like 6 episodes one night so I live posted about it on FB and discovered that I knew or had friends that knew a lot of people who worked at zoos and they loving hate the show.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

Does that show take a while to get good? I watched like 7 episodes of season 1 and found that I just hated everyone except Bos and Donna.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

plz dont pull out posted:

Does that show take a while to get good? I watched like 7 episodes of season 1 and found that I just hated everyone except Bos and Donna.

Season 1 sucks rear end, Season 2 is like a whole new show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

plz dont pull out posted:

I like season 1 but 2 and especially 3 are on a whole other level.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
And now there are armored bears. Zoo is so stupid and I love it so much.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

IRQ posted:

Season 1 sucks rear end, Season 2 is like a whole new show.

precision posted:

I like season 1 but 2 and especially 3 are on a whole other level.

Alrighty, I might come back around to it and skip to season 2 when I finish up with The Expanse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Just started watching Prison Break. What seasons are bearable? Was it the first two?

• Locked thread