Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

brady is the greatest qb of all time

:chanpop::captainpop::goshawk:

Super hype about the singer at the lions game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

coyo7e posted:

More likely that he's so insulated from normal human beings that he doesn't even realize just how big the NFL is.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, its Trump. He'll have convincedh imself that the NFL is a joke little league sport that no one watches by the end of the day. Someone will give him some Daily Caller article that says the Sunday night game's ratings were down or something and he'll tweet in celebration that the American people have spoken.

Didn't Donnie try making his own footballs league once?

Also Reminder:

Donnie was at last years super bowl and he left when it looked like the team he supported was losing, but then had an unexpected win.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Koalas March posted:

have any white folks taken the knee besides the one upthread? It doesn't look like it.

https://twitter.com/markhaastv/status/911999430852825089

At least one guy on the Broncos (second picture).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

after that super bowl it's inarguable. how do you people still exist lol

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm a Packers fan and I'm proud of my good boy Aaron.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Koalas March posted:

have any white folks taken the knee besides the one upthread? It doesn't look like it.

P sure they've just been doing the arms locked in solidarity thing instead.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

He didn't make it, but he did help ruin it

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PhazonLink posted:

Also Reminder:

Donnie was at last years super bowl and he left when it looked like the team he supported was losing, but then had an unexpected win.

He owned a team in the rival USFL league and sued the NFL for I think antitrust or some poo poo. He won $3.

ESPN did a 30 for 30 on it. It's called "Who killed the USFL?" And it's really good.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I can't put myself in the place of not showing solidarity with my teammates when something matters enough to them to stand up to power. My immediate thought when I see the white guy amongst almost an entire team taking a knee is "the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Nice. Good for him.

Also that singer #DidThat! Idk who he is, but I hope he's a local. He was wearing the Lions jacket. Makes me proud of Detroit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

nah he was at a party and left at halftime. still funny as gently caress tho.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I am ronaldo sportshaver. today I come out in makeup that looks like i was shot multiple times and lay down for the anthem so that it's very explicit what the protest is about since america is bad at subtlety

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/markhaastv/status/911999430852825089

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/912005681544392706

It's hard to tell because of the small picture, but one of the Pats in this tweet is white too (Lawrence Guy, 93)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/912005681544392706

It's hard to tell because of the small picture, but one of the Pats in this tweet is white too (Lawrence Guy, 93)

Edit: I'm dumb and can't read. :downs:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 24, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hope those white guys standing in the broncos line get their knees exploded.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Apparently the Pats' website isn't up to date, because Sheard is a Colt now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PhazonLink posted:

If I remember it right... He joined the existing USFL which was attempting to establish a spring/summer league and having some success but he used his influence to push it to the fall/winter where most of the owners knew it would get killed by the NFL. Trump didn't care because he was attempting to use the USFL to force a merge to get his team into the NFL and sued the NFL about it. The suit bankrupted the USFL and Trump has repeatedly been turned down by the NFL to become an owner.

The Art of the Deal and all that.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

:doh:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
our team puts on a short one act play during the anthem where the villains are medieval highwaymen stop-and-frisking us even though most of us are teenagers or kids. I have the part of a working mother who is killed for not giving in to the demands of a highwayman who is wearing a white hood. a grand jury is the chorus is watching this and they decide to not indict

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

If I remember it right... He joined the existing USFL which was attempting to establish a spring/summer league and having some success but he used his influence to push it to the fall/winter where most of the owners knew it would get killed by the NFL. Trump didn't care because he was attempting to use the USFL to force a merge to get his team into the NFL and sued the NFL about it. The suit bankrupted the USFL and Trump has repeatedly been turned down by the NFL to become an owner.

they successfully sued the nfl as a monopoly and got about a dollar in damages. which was trebled.

the dumbass thought his team would get folded into the nfl or some poo poo.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
How Donald Trump destroyed a football league

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
instead of the national anthem our team stands for "liberation" by outkast

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Bring back the XFL for the boycotters.

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

Julio Cruz posted:

Yeah, looks like it. Their roster page links to their current 93 though
http://www.patriots.com/team/players/roster/lawrence-guy

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Julio Cruz posted:

https://twitter.com/MrFilmkritik/status/911998638125182978

Here's a better angle of which Pats are kneeling.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Groovelord Neato posted:

i hope those white guys standing in the broncos line get their knees exploded.

I hope for the rest of their lives they're told to "love it, or leave it" every single time they complain to someone about taxes or anything remotely government related.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder what will actually come out of this football fiasco...

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Grouchio posted:

Nothing because nothing matters anymore. Just another week with more Trump and GOP bullshit tomorrow.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

moostaffa posted:

Nothing because nothing matters anymore. Just another week with more Trump and GOP bullshit tomorrow.

GFY

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Grouchio posted:

A lot of Facebook arguments. Hopefully people talk about why they are kneeling and not just discussing their thoughts on them kneeling.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Grouchio posted:

Well they definitely got a national discussion started. They just need to make sure they control the narrative (we want change) instead of the other side (they hate America).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wife of former patriot matt light:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Grouchio posted:

trump's approval rating shooting through the roof

unfortunately

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are we all going to be in endless agony by 2020?

And what would happen if Trump in fact fired Mueller?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Grouchio posted:

remember that all this trump poo poo is just theatre, he's trying to distract us from how weak his position is in government lol

seriously he can't do any legislation he'd like without collapsing our house of cards system

but it's awesome to see so many people stand up to bullshit

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/911961046352646144

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/912016158848573440

Bill Mitchell gettin' owned by Jedis now

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Agents are GO! posted:

G-g-g-g-girls can't know stuff about cars!!!!

God loving damnit I knew I shouldn't have read that article it makes me want to puke.

I'm a woman who grew up in a garage because yep, daddy was a race car driver. I was putting together engines when I was small enough to fit inside one. My job now has a large component of talking men who have no idea what a hitch is out of trying to tow their RV with thier Honda Civic, and it's loving lovely that every single day of my life I get to hear the "suprised voice" of customers who didn't think the female on the phone was capable of knowing poo poo about their car.

Maybe if there were less pieces of poo poo like this guy there would be more fathers bringing their daughters into the garage and more women knowing about cars. If no one teaches girls to program or fix things then women won't do those things.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mark Hamil's twitter has always been fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Christ posted:

remember that all this trump poo poo is just theatre, he's trying to distract us from how weak his position is in government lol

Lol if you think this is all part of Trump's master plan. This is the biggest PR nightmare of his whole term.

• Locked thread