Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

FastestGunAlive posted:

Trump and your crazy uncle mad that athletes are disrespecting the flag? Hmm ok

"The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free."

No more tacky pre game salute are troops displays.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free."

Take off your hurrr MURICAN flag bandana and silkies- it's disrespectful (and played out)

"The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever."

You're fuckin out, Budweiser

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

Sorry sports team, you don't get to support are troops with your uniforms either

When you point out that people with those flag patches on their high speed back packs and TACTICALLLLL caps are disrespecting the flag, they get mad, and then don't care and keep doing it anyway.

Fashion and image above all else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
total warhammer 2 is gonna be released soon

here is a skaven vs high elf fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMstYpRRb5M

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Third World Reggin posted:

So when is the 40k version happening

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
haha gently caress I am tired, meant to put that in the game thread, but what ever

40K probably never

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Shooting at a church in Nashville

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Shooting at a church in Nashville

Right around the corner from my parents house. All 8 victims over the age of 60. Burnette Chapel Church of Christ according to associated press. I'm going with either gang hit gone wrong or alt right/Nazi/MAGA warrior attack against 'those drat illegals' (my parents live in a mixed income, mixed nationality neighborhood. Apparently the Kurdish family up the street loves my incredibly strange dad)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm sure there are some very good people on both sides.

Goddamn what was the point of slaughtering 8 people...

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Per my dad local news is saying the shooter wore a clown mask. Details unknown other than that

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Some good news, while i have not heard from my parents an oooold friend of the family contacted my and told my that our neighborhood wasn't damaged that much.

Not a whole lot, but a lil bit of good news is good. :unsmith:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Based on absolutely nothing, this one feels like a domestic.

E: wow this youtube channel is all over it with raw witness interviews

https://youtu.be/dNr_kxsl9JA

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 24, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

re: trump trying to buy the bills back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSNW6pFvaA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/912029826139197440

what a piece of poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm sure there are some very good people on both sides.

Goddamn what was the point of slaughtering 8 people...

At this point, CNN is saying one dead, six injured, gunman killed himself (so 2 dead).

It could be for a variety of reasons, happening in Antioch. It's a relatively racially diverse area (compared to other Nashville burbs), kind of poor in that low middle class way. Sounds like it was at one of those "country folk" type churches so it's probably not MAGA related, but who knows?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

gently caress him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You would not believe the way some people treat gold star families! These are seriously sick people! Believe me!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/912038346293116929

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Is the first one worth picking up?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Donald, I am beink supermodels and first ladies. Why do I not get gold star? I am mother also.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ALLAH AKBAR

Truly god is great my brothers

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Richard Bong posted:

Is the first one worth picking up?

They're actually the same game sort of. TW:W 2 is basically a giant standalone expansion and "shortly after release" they're going to combine the campaign maps for people that own both games into one huge map. There's a third game/expansion planned so that by the end you'll be able to play as any of the races anywhere in the Warhammer world. I think.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

"Disgusting that these millionaire snowflake athletes would turn gold star family day into a political protest. Move to Canada with whoopi!"

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

They're actually the same game sort of. TW:W 2 is basically a giant standalone expansion and "shortly after release" they're going to combine the campaign maps for people that own both games into one huge map. There's a third game/expansion planned so that by the end you'll be able to play as any of the races anywhere in the Warhammer world. I think.

Oh cool, ok I'll give the first one a shot and stop talking about it here.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Eurofighter crashed at an airshow in Italy.

not embedding because content

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LostCosmonaut posted:

Eurofighter crashed at an airshow in Italy.

I was hoping that the pilot(s) ejected, but that jet was pulling up at the time. Welp!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
You guys do realize that Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day (christ, that's a mouthful) is the last Sunday of September and there's about as much meaning here as President Trump proclaiming November 23rd a national day of thanksgiving?

I mean, yeah, dude's a piece of poo poo, but this isn't even low hanging fruit. It's picking poo poo up off the ground.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

You would not believe the way some people treat gold star families! These are seriously sick people! Believe me!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/760070280932982784

quote:

Khizr Khan, whose son Army Capt. Humayun Khan died in Baghdad in 2004, delivered one of the most powerful speeches of the Democratic National Convention. With his wife Ghazala at his side, Khan repeatedly blasted Trump's immigration proposals -- specifically those aimed at barring Muslims -- and said the billionaire businessman has "sacrificed nothing and no one."

Trump, in the ABC interview, said in response, "I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot."

A tweet/scandal for everything!

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 24, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

GUESS WHAT gently caress FACES MY MOM AND DAD ARE OK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

GUESS WHAT gently caress FACES MY MOM AND DAD ARE OK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great loving news

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

McNally posted:

You guys do realize that Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day (christ, that's a mouthful) is the last Sunday of September and there's about as much meaning here as President Trump proclaiming November 23rd a national day of thanksgiving?

But her emails

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
[quote="“ElMaligno”" post="“476723235”"]
[/quote]

That's awesome.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ElMaligno posted:

That's great!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

ElMaligno posted:

Great news, hope they didn't get too much damage.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ElMaligno posted:

Happy for you bro.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ElMaligno posted:

The best current event :dance:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

Happy for you bro.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ElMaligno posted:

Outstanding :toot:

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The best current event :dance:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

awesome news

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Great news El Mal

• Locked thread