Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

weird Asian candy posted:

Tough loss and i didnt mean to minimize Detroit more than I meant to poo poo on my dumb team.

Y'all got a good team, it was an entertaining and stressful game. Good game Lion goons. Sorry for the poo poo ending.

No worries & TY, you're fine, I'm just tired of the Lions being the team that's on the losing end of a bullshit game-ending shenanigans. I mean that's part of being a Lions fan I guess but the Calvin Johnson rule was tough and this was even shitter, somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
my team would literally never lose if it wasnt for the refs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao the steelers lost to a team that completed one pass to a WR the entire game.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

nerve posted:

Same

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like Jamal Adams and he's going to be a very good football player. Also gently caress the Dolphins forever. Amen.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

nerve posted:

This but unironically

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nerve posted:

lmfao, the complex

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dexo posted:

lmao the steelers lost to a team that completed one pass to a WR the entire game.

Yeah but did you see all the holding?! The Bears O-line kept the Steelers from scoring points all game long!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

VJeff posted:

lmfao, the complex

so you DID read that!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I like Jamal Adams and he's going to be a very good football player. Also gently caress the Dolphins forever. Amen.

Robby Anderson too. They have a few pieces.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nerve posted:

so you DID read that!

I read all your posts, baby. :heysexy:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

VJeff posted:

I read all your posts, baby. :heysexy:

;-*

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
DeShaun Watson looked fantastic against the Patriots defense and I really like what rookie RB D'onta Foreman did as well. Bill O really screwed himself with conservative play calling in 2 critical spots but the rest of the game he was pretty decent. That loving defense is a crime and they started out last year looking awful as well and those issues look very similar to now. If the defense can regain its second half of the 2016 season form again this offense will definitely do much better than last years offense did.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/912074133219012608
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/912074374773080069

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm glad I slept through most of the bears game and also that Glennon sucked but I'm not happy john fox got to have a win to try to keep his horrible job where he teaches players to stop running at the 15 yard line then false start on untimed downs

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/912056406907478017

i love you jake elliot

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I'm honestly less angry about the result of the Lions game than I probably should be, if only because I went into the game expecting to lose and watched most of the game expecting us to lose. It's a loving garbage loss, for sure, but at the same time, I can't help but feel optimistic that the Lions went the distance with one of the best teams in the league, and came within literal inches of winning.

Some thoughts:

-Boy howdy did the offense not look great for most of the game. Early on a lot of Stafford's passes were off, the running game was inconsistent (Though certainly better than last week), and Ebron. Ebron. How the hell that guy manages to drop so many passes that hit him in the loving hands, I don't know. He had multiple chances to contribute in major ways to a Lions victory, and blew almost all of them. That poo poo's just inexcusable, especially when this was supposed to be his year to bust out.

-The offensive line, however, looked a lot better than I thought they were going to. They still gave up a ton of pressure on Stafford, and committed some really fuckin' bad penalties, but considering I was considering the entire left side of the line to collapse in the aftermath of Swanson being out, they didn't do nearly as badly as I expected they would.

-Without Davis the defense looked absolutely horrific. The Falcons were able to run all over the Lions for the vast majority of the game, to the point that only two of the Falcons' drives actually ended in punts. The only real positive thing to come out of their performance today were Quin and Slay's interceptions, each one of which were absolutely critical for keeping the Lions in the game. The game badly emphasized just how crucial Davis is to the defense, and I'm fervently hoping he'll be back on the field next week.

-There were multiple situations on 4th and short that I felt Caldwell should've gone for it, and not just because I consider punting to be moral cowardice. The Lions only scored one offensive touchdown, and if any of the Lions' four field goals had been touchdowns instead the game could've gone to overtime. I generally like Caldwell, but I'd put at least some of the blame for the loss today on playing too conservatively against one of the best offenses in the league.

Yeah, arguing that the Lions couldn't have gotten a play off anyway is ridiculous, since they deliberately train for these situations and have proven their capability to get plays off that quickly in the past.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How is it a professional sporting franchise worth about a billion dollars is too dumb to understand you need to protect your qb?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Lions got hosed. It looked like a good TD as it was, and to then have that 10 second runoff was horseshit.

Pretty surprised the Bills won especially with Denver shutting down the run. Bills defense is much improved even with the loss of Gilmore.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
did obj punch a hole in the wall again after that game?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

b0ng posted:

DeShaun Watson looked fantastic against the Patriots defense and I really like what rookie RB D'onta Foreman did as well. Bill O really screwed himself with conservative play calling in 2 critical spots but the rest of the game he was pretty decent. That loving defense is a crime and they started out last year looking awful as well and those issues look very similar to now. If the defense can regain its second half of the 2016 season form again this offense will definitely do much better than last years offense did.

I don't think this defense has the talent last year's did - Bouye and Demps were both big contributers in the secondary, losing them is a huge downgrade. Last year we benched Rahim Moore and poo poo came together, but I don't know that anyone warming the bench behind Cory Moore would be an upgrade. Maybe if Kevin Johnson wasn't the broken reincarnation of Bob Sanders, but nothing to be done for it.

God that front seven is so loving nasty though.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/bigdame900/status/912071138532093952

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
good guy snacks

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

today in the nfl made zero loving sense

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Also yeah I do feel a lot less enthusiasm for this season. Being constantly reminded of this being a bloodsport, awful offensive line play and I guess fatigue is setting in. 3 years ago people wouldn't stop talking about the Seahawks, and you were shunned if you didn't wear a jersey on blue Friday. Today I rarely hear talk about the Seahawks around Seattle, and no one gives a poo poo about blue Friday anymore.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire Capers.

Not wrong thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also yeah I do feel a lot less enthusiasm for this season. Being constantly reminded of this being a bloodsport, awful offensive line play and I guess fatigue is setting in. 3 years ago people wouldn't stop talking about the Seahawks, and you were shunned if you didn't wear a jersey on blue Friday. Today I rarely hear talk about the Seahawks around Seattle, and no one gives a poo poo about blue Friday anymore.

now imagine your QB is Jay cutler

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
who posted that originally

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Benny the Snake

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Just fyi guys: Trump will bring down the NFL like he has done to Hollywood. Respect the flag or your done.

(Please get me out of New England)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
BLUE FRIDAY

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

today in the nfl made zero loving sense

Seriously. If you asked me to name the worst 5 teams in the league they all won.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I just landed in Seattle and there is people in Seahawks stuff everywhere. There was even dumb Seahawks fans chanting poo poo on the plane when we landed.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao the Baltimore Ravens

:suicide:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Seriously. If you asked me to name the worst 5 teams in the league they all won.

The Browns lost

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBizzness posted:

I don't think you can say the Jags are one of the 5 worst teams anymore. Offense is still bad, but the defense is good enough to keep them in games.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

How is it a professional sporting franchise worth about a billion dollars is too dumb to understand you need to protect your qb?

Which one?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Randaconda posted:

I don't think you can say the Jags are one of the 5 worst teams anymore. Offense is still bad, but the defense is good enough to keep them in games.

You're right and I'm rooting for them. Go Jags!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's applicable to almost all of them really

• Locked thread