Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

your wife straight-up tells you, point blank, that she is interested in reconciliation, and your response is to hustle back into the basement to sell your rear end on the local classifieds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

you need counseling for a variety of addictions, including (but not limited to) sex and alcohol

um sex work is very much the work of labour and the working man

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

I didn't realize this was the e/n thread but I am glad to see it is being updated

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

lol
less than a week after i put my pic on a website i got called by some sex worker collective and got sent a huge care pack for free without boatloads of condoms and books about being safe etc

only thing i don’t know is how much to charge

i apologize if i'm misgendering you, but i always thought you were a guy

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

um sex work is very much the work of labour and the working man

addiction is literally destroying your life, that line of work only serves to enable your addiction

pram
Jun 10, 2001
echi please see a psychologist or something instead of hastening your downward spiral with stupidity thx

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

prefect posted:

i apologize if i'm misgendering you, but i always thought you were a guy

pro tip: men can also do sex work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol you guys. don’t take everything so seriously. don’t forget the core principles : yolo. death is certain. nothing really matters. sweet embrace of death etc

[quote="“prefect”" post="“476725949”"]
i apologize if i’m misgendering you, but i always thought you were a guy
[/quote]

lol this is hilarious because you don’t want to offend me by previously having misgwndered me, but totally assume my gender based on sexuality work

i love you prefect

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
echi, stymie is right

that's how direction your situation is

you're proving stymie right

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
yospos guy in open marriage posts about his problems on online forum instead of consulting a professional

extremely normal thing to do

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

lol you guys. don’t take everything so seriously. don’t forget the core principles : yolo. death is certain. nothing really matters. sweet embrace of death etc
you always seem so depressed for someone trying to cling to nihilism

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
this is the thread for when you have problems with computers, not the thread for when you have problems with alcoholism or your marriage

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

RISCy Business posted:

this is the thread for when you have problems with computers, not the thread for when you have problems with alcoholism or your marriage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RISCy Business posted:

dude wants to prostitute himself for a videocard, that sounds like a computer problem to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don’t forget replacing downstairs pc. it i don’t have a sick rig upstairs then what even is the point

[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476738528”"]
dude wants to prostitute himself for a videocard, that sounds like a computer problem to me
[/quote]

gtx 1060 i think the 6gb one

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobbilljim posted:

pro tip: men can also do sex work

nobody's paying for that. guys give it away for free

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

sometimes you're orders of magnitude more childishly naive than i, 24 year old eastern european stemlord, am

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

prefect posted:

counterpoint: ugly old men are 99.9% of the richest sector of society. some of them r gay

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

echinopsis posted:

don’t forget replacing downstairs pc. it i don’t have a sick rig upstairs then what even is the point

gtx 1060 i think the 6gb one

at least get the 1070. 6gb seems pointless on a 1060 unless ur doing like some kind of heavy photoshop?? ohhh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobbilljim posted:

counterpoint: ugly old men are 99.9% of the richest sector of society. some of them r gay

hmm... i suppose you've got a point there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

i will find out more tonight but seems some people just want the discreet respect of a professional, not the wanton jizz handling of the average man

[quote="“bobbilljim”" post="“476741774”"]
at least get the 1070. 6gb seems pointless on a 1060 unless ur doing like some kind of heavy photoshop?? ohhh
[/quote]

hmm ok. honestly just want to go to nvidia but spending like $300 doesn't seem to offer performance increase over my r9 270 so does seem pointless and 1060 w/ 6gb was next step up? tell me more

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

i will find out more tonight but seems some people just want the discreet respect of a professional, not the wanton jizz handling of the average man

hmm ok. honestly just want to go to nvidia but spending like $300 doesn't seem to offer performance increase over my r9 270 so does seem pointless and 1060 w/ 6gb was next step up? tell me more

here's ur customary nvidia spreadsheet graph, citizen

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

here's ur customary nvidia spreadsheet graph, citizen
is the 270 the same card as the 270x

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol people are paying $150+ for used R9 290's on eBay bless these bitcoin idiots I am grabbing a 1070 when they get back down to 350 and flipping the old card

e: the X series are generally a 5-10% boost over the base model, so not that far off

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

is the 270 the same card as the 270x

my bad, i exaggerated its competitiveness since that site had 270 listed in a weirder fashion than expected

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

prefect posted:

i remember the tv series about the guy with a massive weiner

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
my recommendation: get a 1050 (or ti) and save selling your butt for another time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what's the ti denote?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476750979”"]
here’s ur customary nvidia spreadsheet graph, citizen

[/quote]

hmm those are bigger numbers 🤔

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
heh more like pissmark software, right guys??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

what's the ti denote?

titanium, e.g. nvidia ran out of model numbers and was too lazy to make up on the go. usually slightly better than x, but worse than x+10

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the new coffee lake i3 looks sick coming from a 2500k

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

titanium, e.g. nvidia ran out of model numbers and was too lazy to make up on the go. usually slightly better than x, but worse than x+10

thx

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
where should i buy a wildcard cert from?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Let's Encrypt

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
hmm unfortunately that wont work well with the poo poo i work with

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AtomD posted:

where should i buy a wildcard cert from?

don't use wildcard certs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok so what would be good "chat" software between two/three pharmacies i work at. i've used slack and i like it but someone said it bites and i wonder if there would be something better

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

ok so what would be good "chat" software between two/three pharmacies i work at. i've used slack and i like it but someone said it bites and i wonder if there would be something better
no, it is ideal for your goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool that is good news. I was unsure coz someone said it was a resource hog and these are pretty avg pcs