Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Paladin4221/status/912009597615054849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hey ya'll, Build is loving great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey ya'll, Build is loving great.

I believe you, I just need to find the will to watch it when my brain's off in Gaim or Go-Buster :negative:

What's it like to watch something you want to watch precisely when you want to?

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 24, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait to see Ryuuga fight as a Rider. I don't think there's ever been a Rider that fought with MMA, has there?

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Considering how they transform, would "mixed" martial arts be a pun?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo that twist. :psyduck:

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
The moment I saw cafe man leaving with a bike helmet, I knew that he was going to be a secondary rider.

EDIT: Actually I just realized, did the magazine scans say there would be one or two secondary riders?

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 24, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/912029767456755712

I shouldn't be allowed to have Figuarts.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

You're gonna get stuffed in the nerd locker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, regarding the twist in 4:

I'm gonna say there's an 85% chance that Boss is the Spider.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait to see Ryuuga fight as a Rider. I don't think there's ever been a Rider that fought with MMA, has there?

I think the closest thing we've had is Date using wrestling.

Rent-a-Bot posted:

The moment I saw cafe man leaving with a bike helmet, I knew that he was going to be a secondary rider.

EDIT: Actually I just realized, did the magazine scans say there would be one or two secondary riders?

Until now, only one more Rider has been shown in scans, Kamen Rider Claws, who transforms using the Dragon Full Bottle and a special adapter on the Build Driver so he can transform with only one Bottle. This is almost definitely Ryuuga, everything points to him being Claws later.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, regarding the twist in 4:

I'm gonna say there's an 85% chance that Boss is the Spider.

nah I'm definitely saying he's Blood Stark. Boss's kind of casual speaking style fits pretty well with how Blood Stark was talking this episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

nah I'm definitely saying he's Blood Stark. Boss's kind of casual speaking style fits pretty well with how Blood Stark was talking this episode

Well, maybe 50/50 on Blood Stark or Spider. He's definitely not Night Rogue, that's gotta be Government Boss.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it's too early for an ally to become an enemy or vice versa.

i'm wondering if it 5 best matches to activate the thingy or if both thingies need to be filled up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think if Boss is Spider, then he's actually ex-Faust and that's why he's helping Sento.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think it's too early for an ally to become an enemy or vice versa.

i'm wondering if it 5 best matches to activate the thingy or if both thingies need to be filled up.

It's the latter. Magazine scans have given Build exactly 10 Best Matches.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I agree with Boss is a martian theory. It would explain the powers that he and his daughter have relating specifically to the Pandora Plate they have.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/SunshineMoonRX/status/894886999810813953

https://twitter.com/SunshineMoonRX/status/894887375746220034

This is the best concept for a Toku I've ever seen

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Magazine scans Showed Build, Claw (a dragon based rider), adn Night Rogue. Blood Cobra or whoever wasn't in preview scans. No idea what's gonna happen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was talking on IRC about the Build reveal and Az brought up a good point, that this reveal is so early and the pacing so quick probably to get a big narrative hook to keep the audience invested enough to follow the series once the timeslot changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the show eased up a bit once the slot change happens, but I hope it doesn't slow down too much.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

I was talking on IRC about the Build reveal and Az brought up a good point, that this reveal is so early and the pacing so quick probably to get a big narrative hook to keep the audience invested enough to follow the series once the timeslot changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the show eased up a bit once the slot change happens, but I hope it doesn't slow down too much.

Why is the time slot changing? Did Ex-aid not do well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Super Hero Time as a whole is moving a couple hours later. It's because TV Asahi wants to expand its morning news a bit.

Additionally, Ex-Aid True End BD release date.

https://twitter.com/Peachyest_/status/912067619154485248

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 24, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I hate how long it takes movies to come out, I want you guys to see that drat movie. (I also want to watch it subbed.)

Is there a documented reason for why Japanese DVDs come out half a year after the movie? Half a year at the earliest, I think Your Name took just under/over a full year from theatrical release to DVD but that's also because it spent most of that year running in theatres because it was an unstoppable juggernaut.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Waffleman_ posted:

Kyuranger also had a cliffhanger this week, so it's likely.

Part of me would be intrigued to see Build maintain this pace and another part would be fine with Sento and Ryuga (feat. Misora) just dicking around for ten episodes because they've got some fun chemistry, like W. I guess that means I'd accept it if it slowed down just a bit. Ryuga is almost useful with just the Dragon Fullbottle and is really doing his best, so I wouldn't even mind that much if Claws took a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also like how there's not really a comedy relief character or any goofy comedy character gimmicks, the humor just comes from how the characters interact.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stop making me want to watch Build! I have too much to watch as it is! :argh:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Sorry, it's good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That smuggler woman has to be a recurring character, right? You don't put a character in a leather suit if she's only going to play a bit part in one episode

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
She has to be recurring, at least in transporting role if they have to leave their split.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TenCentFang posted:

Stop making me want to watch Build! I have too much to watch as it is! :argh:
Watch Build with us! :D It's only four episodes in, once you're caught up it's just 25 minutes a week and you get to read all these fun spoiler posts.

I may be in the minority though as I enjoy watching things week to week rather than binge watching, since I can easily carve a chunk of time each week for one episode of one show. Binging requires forcing my indecisive self to decide what to do today between playing one of the twenty games I haven't started yet, continuing through one I'm already playing, watching a show/movie that I know is good but just haven't gotten around to, doing something productive like cleaning, ect ect...

Waffleman_ posted:

I also like how there's not really a comedy relief character or any goofy comedy character gimmicks, the humor just comes from how the characters interact.

Thank god for that, characters that can be funny are so much better than characters that are supposed to be funny. Ex-Aid had the Director but he had limited presence and could be a serious Good Dad sometimes. When shows force in comic relief, it tends to be either embarassingly bad (Wizard - Shunpei), or entertaining but resulting in a character that doesn't get to develop at all beyond that role (Ghost - Onari.) I suppose Otta in Drive bucked that by developing and being entertaining, but that is because Drive was good.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I may be in the minority though as I enjoy watching things week to week rather than binge watching, since I can easily carve a chunk of time each week for one episode of one show. Binging requires forcing my indecisive self to decide what to do today between playing one of the twenty games I haven't started yet, continuing through one I'm already playing, watching a show/movie that I know is good but just haven't gotten around to, doing something productive like cleaning, ect ect...

Oh god, I agree. I'm still lamenting having let Concrete Revolutio's season 2 pass me by, because now it's probably never gonna happen. Which means I've got to make a decision on Build fast. Hrrn. It's late at night rn but I'll try it tomorrow.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
A mild problem with Build already being accepted as good and also being this plot loaded means that there's not going to be something that shocks everyone as much as Ex-Aid episode 12.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would say this week's twist being so early would be a shock.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am glad that Build is good at the start, having to say "you gotta hold out, it get's good x episodes in" is actually not a positive

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Episode 4 speculation
the boss is bloodstark and is a double/free agent. Misora is DEFINITELY some kind of faust project/Martian, so bloodstark stole her away from nightrogue and is either keeping his cover to protect her or being blackmailed by nightrogue over it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/silverpair/status/912015728466939904

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

having to say "you gotta hold out, it get's good x episodes in" is actually not a positive

JoJo.txt. It's a pain having to say "you really really should not skip parts even though not only are the first two and a half parts rough but they don't even resemble what it becomes and is widely known as".

Also, with anime in general, fans tend to move the goalposts when someone says they got that far and still didn't like it. It's like, not everything is for everyone, jeez.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TenCentFang posted:

JoJo.txt. It's a pain having to say "you really really should not skip parts even though not only are the first two and a half parts rough but they don't even resemble what it becomes and is widely known as".

Part 2 is really good though.

Also sometimes series just need that time to prepare to get good, and then get really good. It's better when it doesn't happen, sure, but even big series like One Piece had slow starts. I just accept it as something that happens now. That said, it's good when it doesn't and I'm glad Build's going all-in from the start, I just hope it doesn't run out of steam because of it.

Then again, the bad guys sure love their steam, so we should be fine in that particular area.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

Part 2 is really good though.

Which is why I wasn't harsher, but I think rough is pretty accurate. The series hits a groove in the second half of part three, then is slowly refined into "modern" JoJo with part four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Part 1 of Jojo is a fantastic weird Japanese written Victorian Horror story and if you didn't like it you don't deserve any of the rest of JoJo.