Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Serious chat about raising children in Dragonball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Chchi's not a bad lady or wife, Goku's a bad dad and a flake and even in the relatively peaceful times of super is always looking to duck out of her life and gently caress off to Infinite Amounts Of Miles Away space to train with King Kai or Whis. Instead of spending time with the son he chose to miss out of the first 7 years of life with.

How bad Goku acts is WHY Chichi acts like she does and it is justified at being annoyed with Goku not taking his duty as a father seriously. You can tell this right because literally every other character also gives him poo poo for it. Chichi's the most aggressive about it because she's one of the the ones suffering the most.

Fun fact though, this is the second time Hoobajoo has started a derail about how much some lady was a harpy and weirdly brought up the woman forcing or tricking someone to 'put a baby in them'.

Sorry a cardboard cutout of a shrill wife and overbearing mother who literally did trick her husband into marrying her is not my favorite female DB character.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Serious chat about raising children in Dragonball

Raising children with superpowers is an important issue

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's like a Plague of Gripes video came to life and shat all over the thread

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I listen to the podcast every week, but I haven't paid attention to the YT at all really in over a year. What is a good LP that's happened since I've been away?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

H A T T A M posted:

I listen to the podcast every week, but I haven't paid attention to the YT at all really in over a year. What is a good LP that's happened since I've been away?

OMIKRON nearly killed the entire channel.

It is beautiful in its absolute garbagehood.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

H A T T A M posted:

Yakuza 0

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

H A T T A M posted:

They played Dark Souls 1, and it's a perfect capstone to all the bullshit that happens in a Best Friends Souls LP. It's amazing, though some of the charm might be missed since you aren't seeing people getting way too angry at Pat being wrong or Woolie not getting gud/getting too gud in real-time.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Seconding OMIKRON recommendation, it's as close to required viewing as it gets.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Watch the part of Omikron where they get into a screaming match over how to read the guidebook, skip the rest.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Watch all of Omikron.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Omikron for despair, Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil 7 for classic TBFP.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Plague is the best host and people who disagree are wrong.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ErichZahn posted:

He's hollow inside so I can see why he'd be the host of choice for whatever madness lies inside of him right now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ErichZahn posted:

Dude makes funny animations, but outside of that he's pretty insufferable tbh

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He can be okay as a guest but he can also get really weird

that twitter thing where talked about how it didn't make sense for gay people to be in ME Andromeda's colony project uh, hangs in my mind

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Watch the part of Omikron where they get into a screaming match over how to read the guidebook, skip the rest.

can a mf get a link!!! :shopkeeper:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have a supercut?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvjP5BSbNGk

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rodyle posted:

what have I done
You awakened the Plague in all of us. :kheldragar:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat is streaming New Vegas!
https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GulagDolls posted:

can a mf get a link!!! :shopkeeper:

It's pretty much this whole episode, the supercut removes a lot of the pettiness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlS6D3axLkY

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HGH posted:

Pat is streaming New Vegas!
https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

Pat is backing down HARD from using JSawyer mod and Hardcore mode.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is after selling all the ammo to the gun he was using and then getting killed by a punk with a lovely gun, then realizing his autosave mod wasn't autosaving enough.

The backdown is real.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i backed down hard from that stream after seeing him use a controller.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulGoodWeaselStrawBeary

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
People aren't joking about Omikron nearly killing the channel, by the way. That's not hyperbole. That was the period when Matt took a hiatus from the channel, and Liam flat-out left (which if you're me was a very good thing), leaving Woolie and Pat to Kyle Rayner the Zaibatsu for a while.

They recovered, but there was a real fear they were going to Game Grumps the whole thing among some of us. The scars are still there.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 25, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
game grumps is kind of a bad example because after it exploded and jontron left to be a crazy self-loathing ultraracist it became way way better(read: tolerable at minimum)???

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

game grumps is kind of a bad example because after it exploded and jontron left to be a crazy self-loathing ultraracist it became way way better(read: tolerable at minimum)???

I had a friend who legit loved Game Grumps and after Jon left I thought, Okay, I like Jontron I can give this a shot.

All of the early episodes are them arguing in not scripted and not fun ways I'm shocked it lasted as long as it did between them. Jontron also is just really poo poo when he's not going off a script because he's just this giant awkward nerd who cannot articulate himself very well.

And then he revealed that he was also a giant awkward awful racist nerd too! Fun times. Bet Arin is SUPER happy about how that all broke down

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can chronic awkwardness be clinically cured?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Can chronic awkwardness be clinically cured?

Not when it's terminal I'm afraid

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

Not when it's terminal I'm afraid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjG7fcn_FX8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mat and Part keep going on about the Tithing like it's this horrendous practice of Unitology. I looked it up and didn't find anything about Dead Space having a different definition for it. Isn't s tithe like just taxes.for the church?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RareAcumen posted:

Mat and Part keep going on about the Tithing like it's this horrendous practice of Unitology. I looked it up and didn't find anything about Dead Space having a different definition for it. Isn't s tithe like just taxes.for the church?

Yes but cults often use it as an abusive tool and often strip members of anything of value they own. Scientology famously requires members to pay to reach higher levels.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes but cults often use it as an abusive tool and often strip members of anything of value they own. Scientology famously requires members to pay to reach higher levels.

Ah, I was thinking about it like a normal amount of money like sales tax. Never thought.of.it as what Shuram Pippi.or.Scientology does.

Thanks for the great examples!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone bang on the RareAcumen box, it's stuttering again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Someone bang on the RareAcumen box, it's stuttering again.

Phone posting and it.keeps putting periods everywhere.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Munancho, friends.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
i'm so glad pat did the eye thing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh. So that's what made Pat blow a vein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Baz has now been drawn by HItoshi Ariga.

https://twitter.com/BraveWaveMusic/status/912476887464665088