Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo the Seahawks are bad. This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Titans own

Taylor the mad man gonna rape you if you gently caress with his friend Marcus

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm glad the Seahawks lost

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Titans own

All OL should be like that.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Seahawks O and D took turns playing like rear end. Epic way to end a poo poo game. They're totally useless against any kind of run game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Titan up, baby Demarco Murray is a monster

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Titans own

are you talking about Taylor Lewen because he literally threatened to rape a girl raped by his kicker friend in college. Hes a piece of poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

are you talking about Taylor Lewen because he literally threatened to rape a girl raped by his kicker friend in college. Hes a piece of poo poo.

yes that is what he is referencing

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Taylor Lewan got in Sherman's face and I've never seen a person that angry

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: not gameday

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I find it fitting that the Seahawks ended it on a penalty. The 12th man really was on the field! :haw:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bengals, Bengals never change

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bungles

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

you had it ready

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LMAO Bengals

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Bengals offense looked much better today but the defense still can't stop making big mistakes :/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

holler when someone figures out how to exploit a dom capers defense. what a great game played by my sons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bengals off to their first 0-3 start in the Marvin Lewis era since 2008. First ever in the Andy Dalton era.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Watching Sherman melt down after his blatant DPI and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties was beautiful :D

Titan up! Is that a thing? I have no idea how Titan fandom works.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
carolina panthers are stinky doo doo butter

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tzen posted:

Holy poo poo the Seahawks are bad. This sucks.

They're fine. This looked a lot like that loss in San Diego in '14. Offense couldn't stay on the field, defense melted down after playing too long in the heat.

I'm encouraged that Wilson picked it up as the game went on, he looked awful early. Defense looked great until the second half, and then they were just gassed.

Indy next week will be easier. GG Titans, your team is really good and fun. Good luck in the playoffs.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/ash_hole22/status/912096288057020416

:discourse:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Bad day for bird teams! Even the Falcons only won on a technicality. Go Cards I guess?
I missed what the call was to end the game for Seattle. I assume it was 12 men on the defense? One of them even did a head count and concluded they were ok. Hawks need to sort their poo poo out.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Figured it out. Just had to keep the game going long enough for it to qualify for
:unsmigghh:Prime Time Andey :unsmigghh:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Want to know where that is and patronize them always.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure who to put the blame on there. Seattle's weakness is the run game, as evidenced by this game and last week. Also it was nice to finally see RW start making passes for once.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Phillip Rivers sucks and is pretty much done for.

3 INT's and a lot of missed throws. KC would struggle to score points without 17 off short field.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Taylor Lewan got in Sherman's face and I've never seen a person that angry

Trent Williams

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

LiquidFriend posted:

Phillip Rivers sucks and is pretty much done for.

3 INT's and a lot of missed throws. KC would struggle to score points without 17 off short field.

Pretty much. KC's offense was not great today with the major exception of Kareem Hunt who apparently does not have an off switch. Part of that is the Chargers' really good DE threat, but most of it was really conservative playcalling after the lead was established.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Strobe posted:

Pretty much. KC's offense was not great today with the major exception of Kareem Hunt who apparently does not have an off switch. Part of that is the Chargers' really good DE threat, but most of it was really conservative playcalling after the lead was established.
I don't why West is even on the roster anymore.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Presumably because we can't have Hunt out there for every down, and if we don't hand it off to someone else every once in a while teams will dial in on Hunt.

I have yet to see why Hunt wouldn't be able to clown on them all anyway, tbh, so it seems kinda dumb to me too

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
A few observations on that Chargers/Chiefs game:

-Rivers stunk today. The chargers' o-line held up in pass pro for the most part and the run game got going for the first time all season, but he was totally off the mark for most of the game. Those picks he threw were absolute stinkers, especially when he was forcing it to a covered Gates and Marcus Peters swept in for it. It was just a really, really lovely game from a QB who you expect to do much better than that normally.

-I thought the defense actually kept KC well contained after their first two scoring drives - Bosa and Ingram played disciplined and held contain on Alex Smith much better than they had against the Broncos week one and the pass rush was sound for most of the game. Korey Toomer had a good game at MLB, he was blowing dudes up hard and well early on. Their safeties still really suck though and overall, they just wore down at the end when Hunt busted off that huge run. That guy is gonna be a super star, and the Chargers' D had a hard time answer for him all game.

-Keenan is looking like he's back to form. He was never a burner but he's still one of the best route runnners in the game and he had some very solid catches today. Benjamin had probably his best game as a Charger since they blew the Jags out last season. T. Williams fuckin stunk and they need to get Henry involved more in the offense

That was a pretty winnable game that they blew because of turnovers. Chiefs coasted once they built a two-TD lead and they still couldn't really do anything.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I just realized that sine it was such an early game some people might not be aware of a thing that happened today

Joe Flacco threw 18 times for 28 yards and 2 ints

the leading receiver had 14 yards

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rivers puts up one of these games a season. He was totally off the mark and missing easy throws. Saying he's done is loving ludicrous, he never plays well against KC.

OL looked decent with two new starters on the right side. Pass protection was Good, run blocking was okay.

Defense looked good for the most part. Ingram and Bosa together are beasts. Trevor Williams held up well. I really want Perryman back in the middle.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mllaneza posted:

drat, Chiefs scored again with that same shovel pass play.

It really is a pretty cool little play design with the Chiefs personnel. They send Hill on a jet sweep look which the defense has to respect because of all that speed, I don't remember if they did it today or not but they also ran a zone read look last week with Alex and Hunt before the shovel. That's a lot of different ways that play can go for a defense to have to cover and I'm sure eventually they're going to do one of the other things rather than the shovel pass. The one they ran today I'm 100% sure Hill would have scored if they'd handed off to him. It'll be figured out eventually like every play in the world is, but for now it's pretty damned fun.

Unfortunately after that point the Chiefs offense didn't look so great other than Hunt breaking another long run.

Melvin Ingram might be figuring the game of football out, at least I hope he is because the other option is Mitchell Schwartz sucks now.

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't why West is even on the roster anymore.

Gotta have someone to back up Hunt, and the other Hunt probably doesn't know the offense well enough yet. Also he might just be a returner and not a good back.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
As a San Diegan nothing would make me happier than the Chargers never winning another game.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just realized that sine it was such an early game some people might not be aware of a thing that happened today

Elite

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sharknado slashfic posted:

duuuu vallllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/912096137376665600

• Locked thread