Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Koalas March posted:

Oh my god, he has the thinnest skin I've ever seen.

a golem composed of white male fragility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Zoro posted:

Why travel ban North Korea? No one can leave that country to come here anyway.

It's the principal of the matter, same as him banning teams from coming to the White House when they bit their thumb at him

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Venezuela restrictions (coupled with banning of business/financial ties to upper echelon gov officials) make sense because gently caress making anything easier for Maduro. It's the one poo poo-stained pearl in a sea of rotten oysters that makes up the travel bans.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Okay I get that he wears wrong sized suits and stupidly long ties because he's trying to cover up the fact that he's fat. What I don't get is why doesn't he go to a tailor or whatever and get his suits altered so they actually look flattering or at least not terrible on him.

Those are tailored suits.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

QueenAnnesDead posted:

He's keeping at it:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912080538755846144

Flag Flag Soldiers Guns Troops Blood Blood Forefathers Soil Land Guns Corn Coal Oil Flag MenRealMen Respect Strength FoundingFathers Fathers Soil Blood Oil...

My god, it's full of stars. And bars. :stare:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

a golem composed of white male fragility.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ynglaur posted:

If it were just a piece of cloth, then the anthem is just a song, and kneeling for it has no meaning. I'm not cynical enough to believe that the NFL players are "just kneeling for a song."

It is just a song. It was just a song till like the '30's and even then that was after more than a decade of Congress saying "lol nope". The only reason it had any popularity is because it was played every July 4th and at military events and poo poo as sort of our own version of a Post Horn Gallop. Kind of like how every July 4th now we play the 1812 Overture. Why kneeling during it means something is because the people they're protesting think that song and that cloth are the living soul of "Murica

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Okay I get that he wears wrong sized suits and stupidly long ties because he's trying to cover up the fact that he's fat. What I don't get is why doesn't he go to a tailor or whatever and get his suits altered so they actually look flattering or at least not terrible on him.

someone did a photoshop where his suit were tailored, he shaved his head, and didn't make himself orange and he looked 10 times better.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

someone did a photoshop where his suit were tailored, he shaved his head, and didn't make himself orange and he looked 10 times better.

I am imagining Doofus Lex Luthor ala Doofus Rick.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

coyo7e posted:

That novel has already been written. It's called "The Turner Diaries". It's basically Catcher In the Rye for angry white supremacists.

I've read The Turner Diaries!! It was in the first law school class I ever had, by the coolest teacher I ever had too. He wanted it to hit us really hard, and carry us right into his first lecture, 'Why Law: The Persistent Desire for Law's Vanishing'. Mind-blowing stuff.

So yeah this novel has an undeservedly big space in my memory :hfive: and I'm stealing your phrase to share with friends from that class.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

Counterpoint: I've seen photoshops where Trump is putting his hair up in a top knot and he looks 10x worse.

edit: found it:

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 25, 2017

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

boner confessor posted:

there were rumors they were going to divorce after the election. it's clear they don't love each other

In my opinion, it is worse than that. I grew up in an abusive home and volunteer with abuse victims and Melania has the same "my spouse is an abusive rear end in a top hat please help me" look in her eyes. He may not be hitting her, but I would bet that with his narcissism he emotionally abuses her and belittles her until she feels invisible. I think Melania genuinely hates him, and I'm waiting for the tell all.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Has #TakeAKnee spread into college games much? College ball has to be way more popular with Trump's base than the NFL. It is far more prevalent and is basically pro level sports for many parts of America.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Deteriorata posted:

Whatever the question is, the answer is always Bootsy Collins. :colbert:

Looks like he's trying to be a mix of Jimi Hendrix, Slash, and Randy Savage (the Macho Man) at once

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Christ. There are going to be a lot of frantic calls from students when I go back to work, and I can't blame them.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Allowing people to visit but not emigrate seems so much worse than a blanket ban.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gnumonic posted:

He did (or someone made him) for the joint address to Congress, and it made him look younger and way less fat. That's the only time I've ever seen him in a suit that fits. Which is just... A crime against style given that he's wearing $6000 Brioni suits most of the time. I guess for him it's all about how much they cost and not whether they actually look good.

COME ON!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

Counterpoint: I've seen photoshops where Trump is putting his hair up in a top knot and he looks 10x worse.

a man bun is much worse than bald!

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Spite posted:

If it makes you feel better most of the replies to any trump tweet are bots. And a large number of the actual humans replying are dudes working in an office building in St Petersburg.

You're right, thanks; we should all remember those analyses of his Twitter following. It's an area in which I feel hopelessly left behind by virtualization and all that, though. Most of these comments sound so 'personified' that I can't properly integrate the knowledge that they're not.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guy is like if Deadpool was a rocker

I've never had a crush before, is this what it's like? :allears:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SirPablo posted:

Has #TakeAKnee spread into college games much? College ball has to be way more popular with Trump's base than the NFL. It is far more prevalent and is basically pro level sports for many parts of America.

I haven't heard anything about it leaking into college ball. It'd be harder for players to do it without repercussion, since unlike NFL players they aren't represented by a union and college coaches have much more latitude for dismissing or punishing players for arbitrary reasons. It'd take entire teams worth of players standing up and doing it, which isn't out of the question since the NFL managed it with quite a few teams.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Steven_Ballmer/status/912079221014519808

:lol: Probably not a good idea to rile Balmer up, he has enough money to make the Koch's blush

Though in a perverse way, I'm sad we don't get to see Clippers Owner Donald Sterling around to deal with particular issue

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

lol nope. It only mattered when Hillary did it because they needed something fresher than BANGHAZI to smear her

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

trump's base is over 50% dudes named chad

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

oh nooooooooooooooooo

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

empty whippet box posted:

From what I've heard, he didn't take the flight. I haven't heard about it though. From what I've heard about it, he didn't take the flight, but again, I haven't heard about it.

The ultimate irony is Trump telling them to "check their records before they make a statement"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

They got with the brogram.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

SirPablo posted:

My team (Nebraska) had a couple of players kneel last year.

The fan reaction was about what you would expect.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shifty Pony posted:

Hypothetical - how about if in a few months he refuses to invite whoever wins the Super Bowl to the White House?

I'd say that was encouragement to win

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SocketWrench posted:

The ultimate irony is Trump telling them to "check their records before they make a statement"

I don't get how it's just so easy for people like him, and Mooch, and Spicer, and Gorka, and all of them to whip out a riposte like that that forces the questioner onto their back foot and ends the attack. Like, I know for drat sure that I would not be able to weasel my way out of a situation where someone had me so loving dead to rights on something I was clearly wrong about; but he's able, without the benefit of a working human brain connected to his nervous system, to puke out a line like "You should check your records" and all of a sudden it makes it sound like the questioner is in the wrong AND rude AND ill-informed AND should be ashamed of themselves for even asking it.

Put me on the spot like that and all I'd do is drool. But to these guys it's second nature to just wing it back around on you and make you question your own goddamn sanity; and nobody has a secondary backup question ready to bat it back at him, or any kind of tactic to use in response, because nobody they've ever interviewed operates like these fuckers.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol: Probably not a good idea to rile Balmer up, he has enough money to make the Koch's blush

Though in a perverse way, I'm sad we don't get to see Clippers Owner Donald Sterling around to deal with particular issue

Each of the Koch brothers is about $15 billion wealthier than Steve Ballmer. $48.5 billion apiece versus $33.6 billion. The Waltons are probably the only family in the US who are wealthier than the Koch family.

Edit: 15, not 18

Spergin Morlock fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 25, 2017

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Not this Chad. gently caress Trump.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Trump got such thin skin I think he suffers from Epidermolysis Bullosa

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder The USFL is from 1986, so for his mush brain to remember it must being it was very painful to him.

That betting website should comb through Donnie's failures and make betting pools for the next targets.

Just go read excerpts from his book about how he ruins people's lives forever for stupid slights like not hooking him up with a friend. The man is a loving scumbag 80's villain with no redeemable qualities

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

I'll admit, Trump has made Arrested Development a lot funnier. That show suffered under Obama.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Shut the gently caress up, Donnie.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912101775221706752

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://youtu.be/l8ajUDl7JrA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well that's good, they're gonna detect attempted entry into the united states by whitehouse.gov

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I wonder who has a hardon for Somalia and why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Really? I haven't heard of him, is he basically like Soro/Gates/Buffet?

• Locked thread