Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Im shocked that "Kill yourself" isnt a default text prompt in any console moba, seems like a huge oversight for how often it is said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There was a Lord of the Rings console moba that came out last gen that I kinda liked, but that was designed around being played on a controller and all the abilities were directionals. This game is a phone game so IDK

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wait did the switch moba beta already drop?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Feenix posted:

Switch hardware chat: anyone ever find themselves having to hold it, say by the red side, and have to do something with your other hand, and feel like the weight of the console and gravity sort of pulling down might loosen the rail grip on the held side? (Being a natural weak point).

Yea I did this when I first got mine and I think it loosened one of my joycons. The Switch rails are metal but in a teardown I saw that the joycon rails are plastic and held on place by plastic so seems vulnerable to bending/wearing away. Now I just spread my fingers across the back if I need to one-hand.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Frankston posted:

You can stand on top of the thing and hit it

I guess I just landed at a awkward angle as the couple times I thought to try it I just got damaged and then stopped trying.

I still think that it's kinda poor to have the player jump on a enemy when the only other time you did it was literally at the very start of the game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sade posted:

Single player modes in multiplayer games are overrated and I'd rather see the resources put towards making the Actual Game better. I can write my own link x marth x pit fanfiction, tyvm.

The single player mode in Splatoon was really good and very different from the multiplayer, I'd pay for an expansion pack that was just more singleplayer levels

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Tender Bender posted:

Yea I did this when I first got mine and I think it loosened one of my joycons. The Switch rails are metal but in a teardown I saw that the joycon rails are plastic and held on place by plastic so seems vulnerable to bending/wearing away. Now I just spread my fingers across the back if I need to one-hand.

ya, you can just lay it flat with your fingers spread behind it, or if you want to keep it vertical so you can watch it without cranking your neck then bring your thumb down under the bottom of the tablet part itself and your pointer over the top (since you are probably one-handing it during a cut scene/pause menu/etc anyway).

The few times I one-handed it by holding a joycon has made me uneasy with those plastic rails. Just pause the game and hold the tablet itself.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Do not unlock GOLF on your Switch or you will lose your blessing.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

wikipedia posted:

Old omamori traditionally should not be disposed of, but burned, as a sign of respect to the deity that assisted the person throughout the year.

When the switch 2 is released, you know what must be done.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Heres a video of the first group of hackers to get the golf game to launch on the Switch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sensual Simian posted:

Im shocked that "Kill yourself" isnt a default text prompt in any console moba, seems like a huge oversight for how often it is said.

I just assumed anybody playing a moba is already suicidal.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Guy Goodbody posted:

The single player mode in Splatoon was really good and very different from the multiplayer, I'd pay for an expansion pack that was just more singleplayer levels
they made that it's called splatoon 2

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Does anyone here have xenoverse 2?

Also where can I buy those amiibo things that give you all the amiibos? I need to buy online.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Alan_Shore posted:

Also where can I buy those amiibo things that give you all the amiibos? I need to buy online.

Please do not steal amiibo!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why? Is it illegal? Plus a lot of them are sold out or insanely expensive and I just want a funny costume in Mario Kart. Nintendo would be selling them as DLC is they were smart.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Why? Is it illegal? Plus a lot of them are sold out or insanely expensive and I just want a funny costume in Mario Kart. Nintendo would be selling them as DLC is they were smart.

tim stole a bunch of amiibo or something, everyone talks about it when he posts but tbh i don't see the big deal either

it probably is illegal but i doubt you'll actually get in trouble for it

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Jimmy Hats posted:

SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS

no thanks

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

http://www.n2elite.com/

If you have a newer Android phone, you don't need the bundle one.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

tim stole a bunch of amiibo or something, everyone talks about it when he posts but tbh i don't see the big deal either

it probably is illegal but i doubt you'll actually get in trouble for it

Ah, he was being ironic. Thanks!

LODGE NORTH posted:

http://www.n2elite.com/

If you have a newer Android phone, you don't need the bundle one.

This is perfect! Can't wait to try this out later. Thanks!

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Real hurthling! posted:

How much is it?

It's 20% off until 28.9, so 31,99€.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS

Westoda
Jul 21, 2014
Someone a while back said that no-one plays the Switch on Brisbane trains, but I'm here to report that one time I saw a guy playing the Switch, only he was a 17-year-old with a purple dyed goatee and a triforce t-shirt and if that was you I'm sorry I avoided eye contact

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

The next five days seems like plenty of time for the Republicans to formulate and execute a new strategy for dismantling the American healthcare system and a fifth of the economy of the world's most powerful nation, yet also not nearly enough time for a role-playing golf game with 25-year-old graphics to become available for download on a popular gaming console.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Yo, happy birthday Nintendo.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Golf
Story?
When?!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tatsuta Age posted:

Golf
Story?
When?!
September 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mutant Standard posted:

they made that it's called splatoon 2

But there's no way to play Splatoon 1 anymore :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

But there's no way to play Splatoon 1 anymore :(

It's true. All copies of the game have vanished, and the Wii U is but a memory, lost to time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Miyamoto and Zombie Iwata came around to my house on 3rd March this year and smashed all my Nintendo hardware.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

Miyamoto and Zombie Iwata came around to my house on 3rd March this year and smashed all my Nintendo hardware.

Lucky. I just got Bill Trinen

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lucky. I just got Bill Trinen

My uncle was the one for this region.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please do not steal amiibo!

You lost your rights to that high horse you dirty hypocrite. The thread never forgets.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Happy Picross Week

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tatsuta Age posted:

Golf
Story?
When?!

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/912320490349453312

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GOLF STORY IN 3 DAYS

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Golf Story, Picross S, SNES Classic Mini, all in the same week. And I still haven't finished Metroid.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I imagine Amiibo NFC codes are copyrighted, correct? So is using those NFC emulators copyright infringement (unless you are copying the NFC code for an amiibo you already have but want to leave on the shelf)?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Golf Story.wmv Sep 28 Golf Story.exe delayed till 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Golf Story, Picross S, SNES Classic Mini, all in the same week. And I still haven't finished Metroid.

stop sleeping

• Locked thread