Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I just got a mega stone for my Sceptile and now he looks totally bad rear end. I want to breed him with my Delphox from Y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Whoa I found a shiny in Silver! A Geodude. That's way better than the boring gray one I using. I'ma use this one!

Will it stay shiny if I Bank it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Silver Falcon posted:

Whoa I found a shiny in Silver! A Geodude. That's way better than the boring gray one I using. I'ma use this one!

Will it stay shiny if I Bank it?

Yep. There used to be a glitch with Pokebank where it wouldn't have in Gold and Silver's case (due to accidentally scrambling how the Game Boy's versions of IVs work), but they fixed that in an update sometime ago.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raserys posted:

Playing Gold again, as I leave with my starter and pokeballs, a guy walks up to me and asks if I want to learn how to catch pokemon. I say no and he... lets me through without a tutorial???

they counter this by having mom explain calling people no matter what

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gently caress me apparently trainers can have shinys in gold/silver because the first gym trainer in Bugsy's gym just sent out a shiny spinarak

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

TeenageArchipelago posted:

gently caress me apparently trainers can have shinys in gold/silver because the first gym trainer in Bugsy's gym just sent out a shiny spinarak

Haha holy poo poo. I'm definitely getting silver then, this sounds great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Once you get the Red Gyarados, pairing it off with another Pokemon will generate eggs with a 1/64 chance to be shiny because of the different hatching mechanics.

Follow this guide to breed shininess to every egg group.

https://twitter.com/senataso1286/status/910433069030547456

Eevee is compatible with Ekans.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Dehry posted:

Once you get the Red Gyarados, pairing it off with another Pokemon will generate eggs with a 1/64 chance to be shiny because of the different hatching mechanics.

yeah but nothing is compatable with amorphous until gen III so no shiny pink wobbuffet

e:

PetraCore posted:

Haha holy poo poo. I'm definitely getting silver then, this sounds great.

as a warning, shininess is based on IV's in gold and silver, which means you probably won't get taunted by your opponents shiny spinerak

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 24, 2017

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

You can use the 3DS IR port for Mystery Gift in Gold/Silver just like you could on the GBC originally. I'm very happy about this

I figured they wouldn't bother

That kicks rear end. Wonder if you could do mystery gift between a 3DS and an original copy on a GBC...

I need to get to Goldenrod ASAP to try this out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How did Mystery Gift in GSC work? I knew how to unlock it, but never knew what to use it for.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

How did Mystery Gift in GSC work? I knew how to unlock it, but never knew what to use it for.

You and your friend with Gameboy Color units would select mystery gift from the main menu and line up the IR ports. An item would then be added to the game. Pokemon Pikachu also worked with it...does it now?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

question; does GS remember what kind of ball you caught someone in when you transfer them through the bank? I kinda want a Ho-Oh in an apricorn ball.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

question; does GS remember what kind of ball you caught someone in when you transfer them through the bank? I kinda want a Ho-Oh in an apricorn ball.

I saw something that said it didn't store the ball that a mon was caught in until gen 3, but it is possible that someone was wrong on the internet

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

are you sure it was a shiny? 'cause in gold/silver for some weird reason spinarak's sprite is dark purple, not green

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

are you sure it was a shiny? 'cause in gold/silver for some weird reason spinarak's sprite is dark purple, not green

That honestly makes me feel a ton better about the whole thing XD

For reference, Gold/Silver have this as the base sprite for Spinarak:

This is Sun and Moon base spinarak:

and this is Sun and Moon shiny spinarak:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah I got freaked out by Spinarak's sprite too but they just... didn't do it right this time.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
make sure not to freak out when you run into GS Sneasel or Bellossom then

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

less laughter posted:

I completely forgot about brown Sneasel.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

less laughter posted:

Not to mention Magcargo. GS sprites were weird.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm so happy that two dog mons were shown in that trailer which means I can have Manectric and Houndoom in Beast Balls eventually.

Watch them take out that bit where Looker gives you Beast Balls when you don't have any in your inventory, or the game starts checking to see if held Pokemon have any. Or maybe the reverse will happen and they allow you to buy Beast Balls straight from Aether Paradise.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Dehry posted:

...oh... my god... that's definitely worth the :10bux:. I've been shiny breeding with the masuda method and shiny charm in sumo but it takes so long!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Willsun posted:

I'm so happy that two dog mons were shown in that trailer which means I can have Manectric and Houndoom in Beast Balls eventually.

Watch them take out that bit where Looker gives you Beast Balls when you don't have any in your inventory, or the game starts checking to see if held Pokemon have any. Or maybe the reverse will happen and they allow you to buy Beast Balls straight from Aether Paradise.

But they cost 10,000,000 pokebucks a piece.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Hey, does anyone have a Destiny Knot in sumo they could give me? Or the capacity to hack one in? I don't know if there's much I could offer you, maybe a legit shiny for your collection, it's not competitive, but if you like collecting them I've found a few.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jade Mage posted:

Hey, does anyone have a Destiny Knot in sumo they could give me? Or the capacity to hack one in? I don't know if there's much I could offer you, maybe a legit shiny for your collection, it's not competitive, but if you like collecting them I've found a few.

Yeah, I can get one. Give me 20 minutes or so unless someone else can get one quicker.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Yeah, I can get one. Give me 20 minutes or so unless someone else can get one quicker.

Good enough for me sir, thank you! My FC is 2036-7315-1628, since you don't have PMs.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jade Mage posted:

Good enough for me sir, thank you! My FC is 2036-7315-1628, since you don't have PMs.

Ok, getting on now. I'm 4313-4715-4704

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Ok, getting on now. I'm 4313-4715-4704

I'm online though really bad with festival plaza.

E: fixed it
E2: Thanks dude!

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 25, 2017

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No problem. If you feel like breeding eevees that one isn't a bad place to start (unless you've got better already)

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

No problem. If you feel like breeding eevees that one isn't a bad place to start (unless you've got better already)

I'll keep that in mind, though I already have my espeon and umbreon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tardigrade posted:

Not to mention Magcargo. GS sprites were weird.

not when you compare them to red and green sprites

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Ariong posted:

But they cost 10,000,000 pokebucks a piece.

Looker better be ready to foot my aesthetic.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is it possible to clone Pokémon and held items with the PC glitch in the VC Gold and Silver or is that impossible?

edit: yes, yes you can.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 25, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Star Man posted:

Is it possible to clone Pokémon and held items with the PC glitch in the VC Gold and Silver or is that impossible?

edit: yes, yes you can.

you could mew glitch in the first gen rerelease too, it's cool they left glitches like that in i just wish mew could carry forward to S/M

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mandatory lesbian posted:

you could mew glitch in the first gen rerelease too, it's cool they left glitches like that in i just wish mew could carry forward to S/M

The Mew glitch doesn't require saving the game during a box switch in the PC and shutting off the power. But resetting the game in the Virtual Console manual works the same according to another source.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
So if I hatch an egg and the pokemon is 5V/right nature, then reset the game and trade the egg - the stats and nature will remain identical and all that changes is OT (and possibly shininess), correct?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Correct.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dienes posted:

So if I hatch an egg and the pokemon is 5V/right nature, then reset the game and trade the egg - the stats and nature will remain identical and all that changes is OT (and possibly shininess), correct?

IVs/Nature/Ability/etc. are set when you pick up the egg from the Daycare/Nursery. As long as you saved after picking it up, you're golden.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

You can carry it forward if you glitch the OT and id number.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I've not been keeping up with the thread very well so I don't know if this has been covered yet or not, but...

Do you guys think Poke Transporter will eventually be compatible with the recent virtual console version of Silver? I see it recognizes my copy of Red, so I sorta figure it'll work for Silver in time and that it's just not compatible yet since the release is still so fresh. I just wanna know because in my two decades of playing Pokemon I finally just came across and caught my first wild/random shiny Mon (green tentacool on Silver) and I wanna get it to my Moon game. Looks like I'll have to wait, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I've not been keeping up with the thread very well so I don't know if this has been covered yet or not, but...

Do you guys think Poke Transporter will eventually be compatible with the recent virtual console version of Silver? I see it recognizes my copy of Red, so I sorta figure it'll work for Silver in time and that it's just not compatible yet since the release is still so fresh. I just wanna know because in my two decades of playing Pokemon I finally just came across and caught my first wild/random shiny Mon (green tentacool on Silver) and I wanna get it to my Moon game. Looks like I'll have to wait, though.

I could see them making it compatible with US/UM a month or two after they are released.