Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Somewhere in a knee brace Spencer ware prepares for his next gig with the jets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I was really hoping it'd be next season when the Hawks fell apart but I guess it's happening now. Oh well.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

When does the MVP hype start?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Strobe posted:

When does the MVP hype start?

Well Brady is playing with 21 walk ons and winning so.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Rivers puts up one of these games a season. He was totally off the mark and missing easy throws. Saying he's done is loving ludicrous, he never plays well against KC.

OL looked decent with two new starters on the right side. Pass protection was Good, run blocking was okay.

Defense looked good for the most part. Ingram and Bosa together are beasts. Trevor Williams held up well. I really want Perryman back in the middle.
Rivers has had some great games against KC and some he blew with an untimely turnover.

Bob Sutton baited him into some challenging passes that he struggled with. Hot take and all, but I think it's time to stop giving him a pass on injuries, coaching, the sun, etc.

Strobe posted:

Presumably because we can't have Hunt out there for every down, and if we don't hand it off to someone else every once in a while teams will dial in on Hunt.

I have yet to see why Hunt wouldn't be able to clown on them all anyway, tbh, so it seems kinda dumb to me too
I'd of kept Spiller over West.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Except when they play Kareem Hunt and the Chiefs.

Checkmate.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 25, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

Not in all of his games :smug:

Seriously though, Gronk? I mean, Gronk is still there and doing things, even if he's banged up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Manoueverable posted:

I was really hoping it'd be next season when the Hawks fell apart but I guess it's happening now. Oh well.

:cheers:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elephanthead posted:

The players have never mattered up there. We should know that by now.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Not in all of his games :smug:

Seriously though, Gronk? I mean, Gronk is still there and doing things, even if he's banged up.

Gronk, Cooks, and by far the best coach.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
There's no newbie thread so I'll ask here. I'm a packers fan but I had to move away from Wisconsin and an annoying number of the packers games aren't shown here because local teams are playing at the same time. I don't have directv, are there any other options for watching a game that's not being aired in my region?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
go to a packer bar. they aren't hard to find.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

cis autodrag posted:

There's no newbie thread so I'll ask here. I'm a packers fan but I had to move away from Wisconsin and an annoying number of the packers games aren't shown here because local teams are playing at the same time. I don't have directv, are there any other options for watching a game that's not being aired in my region?

https://www.packerseverywhere.com/find-a-bar

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

WHOOPS posted:

go to a packer bar. they aren't hard to find.

I looked into that and apparently there are none where I live now (no I can't post where I live).

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I was really happy to see the Lions hang with the dirty birds, and missed beating them by half a yard. Looking good this year hopefully they don't let that ending get in their heads too much.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Pats have good weapons top to bottom, really. The OL amd defense both regressed though.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

cis autodrag posted:

Google "reddit nfl streams"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cis autodrag posted:

I looked into that and apparently there are none where I live now (no I can't post where I live).

Check out this thread if you aren't averse to streaming.

You can also buy NFL game pass if you want to spend a lot of money.

e: There also is a newbie thread by the way, but that's generally kinda for "I'm new to football, how does x work?" questions.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 25, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Rivers has had some great games against KC and some he blew with an untimely turnover.

Bob Sutton baited him into some challenging passes that he struggled with. Hot take and all, but I think it's time to stop giving him a pass on injuries, coaching, the sun, etc.

I'd of kept Spiller over West.

I'm not giving him a pass. He was the weak link today. That doesn't mean he's done.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cis autodrag posted:

Last I checked (a couple years ago) they had the radio broadcast for free online, legally.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
I was at Wembley today for Jags-Ravens. Bortles looked loving amazing. There's a sentence i never thought i'd write. He was protected well and run game helped, but few times he evaded pressure and took care of 3rd and long like a boss.

Was at the game with my brother who is Ravens fan. I guess i liked our first live NFL game better as a neutral spectator. Also i felt for the Ravens fans who came from States to watch that spectacle.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Sup guys, Go Pack Go

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

I was really happy to see the Lions hang with the dirty birds, and missed beating them by half a yard. Looking good this year hopefully they don't let that ending get in their heads too much.

Caldwell has always emphasized that the next game is the only one that matters, so they should be alright. They'll also be playing the Case Keenum Vikings, so hopefully they'll be able to pull out a win and get themselves back on track.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Caldwell has always emphasized that the next game is the only one that matters, so they should be alright. They'll also be playing the Case Keenum Vikings, so hopefully they'll be able to pull out a win and get themselves back on track.

i think you mean Reigning NFC Offensive Player of the Week Case Keenum

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sean10mm posted:

The Pats have good weapons top to bottom, really. The OL amd defense both regressed though.

Every year I here that the Pats have poor weapons, and every year I see the Pats have someone wide open 15+ yards down field more often than any other team.

Their big issues are all on D.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WHOOPS posted:

i think you mean Reigning NFC Offensive Player of the Week Case Keenum

If loving Case Keenum somehow puts up a 130+ passer rating on the Lions AGAIN I'm just going to lay down and die

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Case Keenum is elite

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm not giving him a pass. He was the weak link today. That doesn't mean he's done.
He doesn't have the zip like he had. Maybe its just been the games I've seen.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Through the first three weeks, Kareem Hunt has a YPC of over 8.5. :wtc:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i live in chicago and dude was crying lol

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If loving Case Keenum somehow puts up a 130+ passer rating on the Lions AGAIN I'm just going to lay down and die

:same:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Through the first three weeks, Kareem Hunt has a YPC of over 8.5. :wtc:

I mean if you're breaking off a 60 yard run every game it probably helps that stat.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
So here's a fun thing I saw pointed out:

https://twitter.com/Whojive/status/912074099844886529

Tate was ruled down at the 11 second mark. The clock was only stopped at 8 seconds because Tate was called for a TD. Even after the ten second runoff, the Lions should've had one more play, going by when on the clock Tate was ruled down.

Oh hey I'm mad again

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Rivers' arm strength is definitely declining but he's still a very good QB who had a poo poo game. The Chiefs have had Philip's number since 2014, which is why I thought it was stupid that a bunch of people were choosing the Chargers over KC.

That being said, and I hate saying it, but he's got maybe a year left and absolutely no more than two. I think all of those hits he took from 2011-16 caught up to him.

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So here's a fun thing I saw pointed out:

https://twitter.com/Whojive/status/912074099844886529

Tate was ruled down at the 11 second mark. The clock was only stopped at 8 seconds because Tate was called for a TD. Even after the ten second runoff, the Lions should've had one more play, going by when on the clock Tate was ruled down.

Oh hey I'm mad again

He's not even completely on the ground yet in this screencap, it was 0:09 by the time he was down

Your team lost fair and square - get over it. Maybe they should have played better in the previous 58 minutes

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
The Steelers offense is putrid considering the amount of talent it has and how much money they spend on it. I think Roethlisberger is just done. He's been regularly missing open guys for a year plus.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The New England Patriots won today and that makes me happy. Also, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost and that too makes me happy

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Titans bitch

Also gently caress you Sherman for that attempted hit where you hosed up your own dude harder than Mariota you dick.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dr. Capco posted:

Titans bitch

Also gently caress you Sherman for that attempted hit where you hosed up your own dude harder than Mariota you dick.

Kill the head and the body dies. :hawksin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Zerilan posted:

Every year I here that the Pats have poor weapons, and every year I see the Pats have someone wide open 15+ yards down field more often than any other team.

Their big issues are all on D.

They cheat. It works. The end.

• Locked thread