Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
How is Mage Meta nowadays? I've lucked into a lot of decent mage relics lately and am only missing a decent faith/hastega. I might have more luck with some bosses with a different setup I'm thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

5/30

Lann OSB (dupe)
Balthier BSB
Delita SSB
Orlando SSB (dupe)
Yuna SSB

Balthier's BSB seems bad, Delita's Sword is has an all realms lightning boost which Lightning will like, and I will never not be mad about Lann's fist having a Beyond fire boost synergy bonus.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Well, the 30-pull was kinda interesting with Lann's OSB, Penelo's Burst and Echo's Shellga/Hastega/+RES SSB.

It's a shame it got followed by a 3/11 on the NES Banner where all the Bursts (Graland, Maria) were dupes and the New thing ended up being Firion's Ultra, which I need advice in how to use it without his Burst...

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ceaselessfuture posted:

How is Mage Meta nowadays? I've lucked into a lot of decent mage relics lately and am only missing a decent faith/hastega. I might have more luck with some bosses with a different setup I'm thinking.

Mages are better than non-USB physical in my experience if you can stack 3 sources of +mag, due to the higher stat softcap.

Until that point they are underwhelming.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

MikeSevigny posted:

6/30:
Ingus SSB

Depending on which Ingus ssb it is, it has the potential to be one of those sleeper ssb's. Ingus ATK/MAG break sword has +earth on it, one of the very rare pieces of +earth equipment

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

5/30

Quistis OSB dupe
Tidus OSB
Red XIII BSB
Gabranth SSB
Rufus SSB dupe

Kind of OK I guess, will literally never use Red and the Tidus OSB isn't too important since I could already sub 30 liquid flame

Servers are :rip: so guess I'm going to sleep and wasting all that stamina :shrug:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I did get to pull on the NES banner, and at this point I should declare myself to be the king of the dupes!

I already had two of the Lustrous Shield, so I'll combine those to 5*+++. At least Ingus' shield is new!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KPC_Mammon posted:

Mages are better than non-USB physical in my experience if you can stack 3 sources of +mag, due to the higher stat softcap.

Until that point they are underwhelming.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for things like OK BSB then :)

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Koobes posted:

Depending on which Ingus ssb it is, it has the potential to be one of those sleeper ssb's. Ingus ATK/MAG break sword has +earth on it, one of the very rare pieces of +earth equipment

That's the one. If I can ever log back in I'm slapping that sucker on Butz.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have so many dupes on these banners...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

3/10.

Two dupes, Quintis's OSB. :negative:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Servers seem to be working...at the moment at least. Was able to get through a couple of battles with no issues.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My only 6* on the 30 was a dupe, and I went dupe/11 on the NES banner. Off to a great start!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Holy poo poo this Omega fight though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

3 out of 30 on the 30 draw, and two of them were duplicates. feh.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
5/30
Vaan OSB (10 attack for Vaan I guess?)
Papa BSB (dupe...+Fire tho)
Rapha BSB (3rd one)
Angeal SSB
Tellah SSB

Not super useful, oh well. My lucky's weren't great either, hopefully my luck turns for Banner 2

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

MikeSevigny posted:

That's the one. If I can ever log back in I'm slapping that sucker on Butz.

Rosetta that sucker good :getin:

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Didn't get anything I really wanted, but it was a slightly above average 6/30 with no dupes, for free, so I'm satisfied. Happy to take Rinoa's BSB as I need more ice badly, and the rest seem whatevers just on their own.

But the real highlight for me was...

Fuuuuck yessssssssssssss best 100 gem pull ever. With Ramza being my only native boostga/hastega, this will really open up some options for me. I was going to do one pull on Phase 1 but why bother now. Only other thing I'd like on there is Luneth's USB since I got his OSB and BSB during the luckies.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Finally managed to get through and spend some Stamina, now to relax a bit.

Philouza posted:

5/30
Vaan OSB (10 attack for Vaan I guess?)
Papa BSB (dupe...+Fire tho)
Rapha BSB (3rd one)
Angeal SSB
Tellah SSB

Not super useful, oh well. My lucky's weren't great either, hopefully my luck turns for Banner 2

Tellah might actually be a good mage/secondary healer in Magicite teams, with the Powerchain effect on his SSB if you can get a Hastega from somewhere else. Consider it a Ramza USB-lite. Vaan's OSB is also a nice stick - 6* daggers are things everyone can use, and thieves especially will enjoy it for Poison Leaves and Dash & Slash. Not the most amazing pull, but not a complete wash.

And since Papalymo's BSB gimmick is based on reaching a MAG threshold, a dupe of that staff is great. And if you happen to like Terra, it's also the only fire+ weapon Terra has access to until Japan's 3rd Anniversary Banner 5 drops.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Tellah might actually be a good mage/secondary healer in Magicite teams, with the Powerchain effect on his SSB if you can get a Hastega from somewhere else.

Actually, thinking about this, would the offheal/powerchain effect on Umaro's BSB CMD1 make him worth taking to Fenrir over Celes (with her BSB2)? My other damage option is Edea with her BSB.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Let's see what options 30-pull gets me:

"Use Firion" is what it looks like to me.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

jebeebus posted:

Didn't get anything I really wanted, but it was a slightly above average 6/30 with no dupes, for free, so I'm satisfied. Happy to take Rinoa's BSB as I need more ice badly, and the rest seem whatevers just on their own.

But the real highlight for me was...

Fuuuuck yessssssssssssss best 100 gem pull ever. With Ramza being my only native boostga/hastega, this will really open up some options for me. I was going to do one pull on Phase 1 but why bother now. Only other thing I'd like on there is Luneth's USB since I got his OSB and BSB during the luckies.
i like how Rinoa's Crystal Cross is just Yuffie's Crystal Cross strapped to a bracer

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Balthier OSB
Bartz OSB (dupe)
Ayame OSB
Gabranth SSB
Cloud SSB (lol I wanted organics so bad way back when and now it's basically worthless)

I'm okay with that. Not amazing but beats the poo poo out of 1/30 or a few pulls I've seen so far.

Missed on dollar draw. Ah well.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Did some pulls:

Ok, not bad. Below average but all are BSB+. Noel is a dupe and gently caress Noel, Garnet BSB1 is pretty terrible but the stat stick is good, and poison is a dumb dead element. But Axis Blade! :toot: Too bad I already have a fully dived Ayame though.

Then did an ill-advised money pull on NES, because it had zero dupes:

Why does this game want me to do poison things?

(edit) Total after all the luckies, 30-pull, 1x NES banner, and the awful 2xVI pulls: 1 new OSB, 1 new USB, 6 new BSB, 1 new SSB, 3 dupe BSB, 1 dupe SSB.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 25, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I have no idea. :ironicat:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Attestant posted:

Then did an ill-advised money pull on NES, because it had zero dupes:

Thank you for this. It is hard to resist pulling for OK but I have enough dupes as is (most of them from the lucky and free draws) and seeing everyone's good pulls makes it hard to resist.

There is a significantly better OK banner in the future so I'll just bide my time. I don't have the motes to dive him right now anyway.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
30 draw gave me.. Ayame OSB, Cid 14's BSB, Faris BSB, supers for Yuffie, Larsa, Sabin, and Fang.
NES, I went a bit ham on.
8/44. WoL USB, WoL BSB X2, Matoya BSB, Firion BSB, Emperor BSB, Maria BSB, Desch BSB.

WoL BSB count: 4.

But you know what, I ain't gonna bitch about more +holy shields. And now Hydra will be within my grasp with Maria able to let me shift into my mage meta for it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
8/30

3 dupes

2 Palom relics?!?!?!

3 separate fire+ice+lightning relics :stare:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

What is everyone feeling about the Dissidia banner? It seems decent if you need Dark stuff.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I just realized that the gabranth SSB I got is basically identical to his unique SB I already had.

Man what a pointless addition.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Started fresh yesterday thanks to the iOS game thread saying this game hands you free stuff like no other, and holy smokes with this event I feel like my characters are not one day old anymore.

It looks like I'll have enough mythril for two 11-pulls, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the meta, is there a particular banner over these anniversary phases that could stand to benefit me the most, or should I just pick my favorite eras (SNES + PlayStation)?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Started fresh yesterday thanks to the iOS game thread saying this game hands you free stuff like no other, and holy smokes with this event I feel like my characters are not one day old anymore.

It looks like I'll have enough mythril for two 11-pulls, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the meta, is there a particular banner over these anniversary phases that could stand to benefit me the most, or should I just pick my favorite eras (SNES + PlayStation)?

Normal dungeons will give you more stamina than they'll take. I'd recommend shooting for a pull on each banner if you have the time to farm some mythril.

Otherwise yeah, pull on your favorites but save 50 for the upcoming banner that comes with a bsb selection.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Chuds McGreedy posted:

there's a :siren:free:siren: 30 relic draw going on right now, pull on that first

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey friends is any of this crap good

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Went 8/30 with only 1 dupe so this makes me far less salty than I was before on striking out on my Shadow banner pull and not really getting anything I wanted on the other luckies.

Vaan OSB
Tifa BSB en-earth
Cid 13 BSB dupe
Shantotto BSB
Luneth BSB
Edge's good SSB
Vincent's mini faithga SSB
Paine's hastega SSB

Vaan's dagger will be good to have for thieves and to boost him more. Tifa might actually get leveled up now. Luneth BSB is another wind damage source, and Shantotto BSB is a better Lulu BSB (I have it) iirc. That's pretty sweet for free.

Of the SSBs Edge's is obviously the prize, but I won't complain about the others despite how useless they will likely be other than synergy.

Thanks gacha!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

I have no idea. :ironicat:

Don't judge me. :saddowns:

Chuds McGreedy posted:

When you're new, pretty much any banner will do. Just getting relics and then getting those characters is going to be the best thing. However, DO NOT PULL ON THE NEWCOMERS BANNERS or KEEPERS CHOICE. They're super outdated and bad compared to other current banners.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 25, 2017

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
This was my 30-pull. Not so hot. I already had a dark imperil, Zell's SSB is laughable since I've his BSB, and Kain's OSB is a meh but I guess he could join Lightning in a physical lightning team. The biggest win here is actually Minwu's SSB, because insta-medica is always good.

I wasn't too happy about it, so I took my frustrations out on Omega Apex.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Pander posted:

I just realized that the gabranth SSB I got is basically identical to his unique SB I already had.

Man what a pointless addition.

They did that with a lot of characters who had their En-element SB on a regular SB rather then an SSB+ relic. Lightning, Kuja and Cloud are some examples that come to mind.

I think it's a dark+ helm if I'm thinking of the right SSB? Pretty nice as a stat stick at least.

ceaselessfuture posted:

What is everyone feeling about the Dissidia banner? It seems decent if you need Dark stuff.

Eh. Not bad. Garland's Dark Chain might be my second favourite chain type, skipping a bonus effect and just adding an extra 11 hits to boost the Chain gauge. The main draw is less banner strength, but specifically grabbing dark relics and a nice selection of dark+ gear.

Some future dark focused banners to compare it to are Rude/Elena 1 (Sephiroth's USB and Rufus BSB which is the best Imperil Dark out there along with Nabaat), FFTA2 (Just Gaff for dark relics, but his USB chases darkness abilities with a two hit drain attack which solves every problem with them), and then just the long wait for the super strong Orlandeau banner.

rabidsquid posted:

hey friends is any of this crap good

Nothing outstanding, but a 6* Gun is nice for Sharpshooter skills. and Leila's SSB is a water element ATK/RES break which is mostly just a CM tool, but it can come in handy for some fights where Leila could stack a Steal Power, Mug Bloodlust and her SSB against something spamming DEF piercing attacks. I have a soft spot for it since it was my only Water SB for a very long time. Cid's SSB is a Hyper Break which is nice if you don't have one yet, also helping stack debuffs like Leila.

The value of Leila and Cid's SSBs really depends on what other support relics you have, but at worst you have two good stat sticks.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 25, 2017

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I guess the game knew I was thinking about quitting because hot dog 11/30!

My first holy boosting weapon and my first wind boosting weapon thats gonna go great with the wind chain I picked up in the last lucky draw!

AND that's my third sword for Terra so you know what that means...

:getin:

and my dollar pull just gave me kiku-ichimonji so uh I guess my Luneth is now set for life.

Jehuti fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I talked myself into a Banner 1 pull to wash the terrible taste of the 30-pull out of my mouth. Ended up with Luneth USB and 2x Firion BSB.

To use Luneth USB I'm guessing I press buttan then spam Tornado Strikes?

• Locked thread