Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Benny Harvey posted:

What do you mean by aggravating cultural mannerisms and where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

it's mainly the infantilization of common words. cuppa, telly, etc. creeps me out

glad you don't have the weird english not so secret love of the horrific british empire though! :hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
these guys are REAL fuckin weird gay. this is some weird gay.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That is the gayest thing I have ever read.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

it's mainly the infantilization of common words. cuppa, telly, etc. creeps me out

glad you don't have the weird english not so secret love of the horrific british empire though! :hf:

This happens in a lot of languages, including other variants of English. And as for being infantile, Americans actually sound like toddlers to me..

I'd rather have a cuppa than have to choose between 3 words for big at Starbucks tbh.

Then there's the word panties which is just vile

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Benny Harvey posted:

This happens in a lot of languages, including other variants of English. And as for being infantile, Americans actually sound like toddlers to me..

I'd rather have a cuppa than have to choose between 3 words for big at Starbucks tbh.

Then there's the word panties which is just vile

the correct word is underwear and I agree with you on that tbh

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59oLURcPNo0

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

yeeeeeeeesh

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"Feed'st"? Would that thou feed'st thyself a sack--nay, a cauldron of steaming pricks, pretentious sirrah.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
Some American slang in the past few years has struck me as infantile.
Cray-cray or cray for crazy
Bae for baby
Jelly for jealous

I'm sure every generation has hated the younger generation's slang... but this stuff sounds so stupid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
prolly

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

green chicken feet posted:

Some American slang in the past few years has struck me as infantile.
Cray-cray or cray for crazy
Bae for baby
Jelly for jealous

I'm sure every generation has hated the younger generation's slang... but this stuff sounds so stupid

I'm not a big fan of bae but I always preferred babe to baby, baby sounds sooo drat skeevy and gross to me. but honestly all of those and really most pet names are pretty gross, it's just that "baby" like really reinforces and makes you acknowledge that it's all about a desirable woman being infantilized as the ideal and ugh

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
'bae' sounds kinda rednecky

e: bae why 'oncha bust up da chiffarobe

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will take bae over baby or babe any day, in terms of generic pet names.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I'm not a big fan of bae but I always preferred babe to baby, baby sounds sooo drat skeevy and gross to me. but honestly all of those and really most pet names are pretty gross, it's just that "baby" like really reinforces and makes you acknowledge that it's all about a desirable woman being infantilized as the ideal and ugh

Agreed on superiority of babe to baby. Only babies should be called baby.

Oh just thought of another awful slang term. Hubby for husband. It's been around for decades and it's not getting any less sickening. Hopefully it will die out soon because I never hear anyone young using it

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I have wanted to end friendships over use of the word "hubby" ughhhgh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my baby is preggers with my next lil dumpling :keke: -- A Pedophile

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Pick posted:

my baby is preggers with my next lil dumpling :keke: -- A Pedophile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumplings_(film)

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Wifey is equally horrendous.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I want to make a "sissy" joke, but I can't come up with anything that isn't shamefully gross

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I used to hate "baby" too until someone I actually love started calling me that :shrug:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

timefly posted:

I used to hate "baby" too until someone I actually love started calling me that :shrug:

I'd say that's gotta be a factor. "Hey baby, you're hot. Wanna come back to my place?" and "You feeling okay, baby? I can make you some of that soup you like" are worlds apart.

Then again, I'm a dude so I maybe don't get to have an opinion on this.

Then AGAIN again, my wife calls me "baby" sometimes so I maybe do? HA.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Cummies.

Also every other word that has come out of Russell brand's mouth.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

timefly posted:

I felt the same way about "boogerlips".

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

pissflaps

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

David Heinrich posted:

The stereotype of Chad that these incels have is basically me, but then I held a door open for a woman and she didn't suck my dick in the bathroom so I guess I'm just a normie

Recommend some copes

The only non-cope is the rope.

Sorry, man. Their rules not mine.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I think Australians deserve special mention. A bikey sounds like a tricycle for toddlers, not a vicious motorcycle gang.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Lmao my sister snitched on me to my parents that I was catfishing girls and he gives me a lecture on how I am being fake and playing with their feelings.

When I told him girls catfish all the time with make-up, fake butt, fake tits and etc he tells me that is okey because they are not "changing who they are". Wtf!? They are absolute changing who they are! I wouldn't look at them once if they weren't wearing makeup, pushup braw and whatever.

My sister said it's not all about sex! Keep in mind she has had 3 boyfriends and she is in first year of college living the stacy lifestyle. Her current bf also looks better than her. She also has a huge social circle so she is literally set for life. Bound to succeed in her medical career..

Later my dad told me I have a poo poo personality and no girl will ever like me and it is a good thing I don't have girls because i do not deserve them. This is coming from my loving dad lmao. Just gently caress my life. It's over for me guys just save yourselves while you can.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

There is literally no point in having women as friends

If I were to be totally honest, I never had a femoid as a friend, and nor do I ever want to, truth be told. Because for starters, I despise femoids and can't stand them. Second, I literally see no point in having them as just as friends -- it's just nothing but a waste of time.

I mean, what could you possibly gain from having a femoid oval office as your friend? They are not going to give you sex. That's obviously never going to happen. Also, being just friends with them so you could get various advice from them is the most dumbest thing a man could do. They are pathological liars, so they'll never give you advice that you really seek. So, the only thing that is going to happen when you have a femoid as a friend is that you'll become her personal tampon. You'll get the chances to listen to all those emotional sob stories in how Chad won't commit to her and all that bull-loving-poo poo. Oh, you'll also get the chance to do favors towards her. Like, helping her in her work/studying and getting stuff for her -- not exactly the favors that you would want to do. The bitch, however, will never really do you any favors; whatever it maybe.

Men and femoids are not friends. If there isn't any kind of sexual activity involved there is literally no point in having bitches as friends.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnets/1.html

green chicken feet posted:

Agreed on superiority of babe to baby. Only babies should be called baby.

A lot of people I know are just saying "bb" now instead of babe or baby. It's kinda pronounced "beb" but super-short and percussive. I don't know if this is more or less infantilizing...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The reality is you possibly make some friends you share an interest with.

But that's cope.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Cope Fear

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Yeah, actually a lot of these guys had a history of creeping women out (and so they didn't go out with these guys, which turned out to be completely justified from a safety standpoint wooow)

Well that's good at least.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Benny Harvey posted:

Although I do agree that it sucks living somewhere full of jaded pricks where it pisses rain 300 days of the year.

Oh hey just like Seattle except food here owns.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

AAAHAHAHA

*vapes*

HAHAHAAAA

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This thread make me feel like an exemplar of mental health, good god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

OxMan posted:

Oh hey just like Seattle except food here owns.

Can you get pizza crunches in Seattle?

• Locked thread