Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/912128997311442944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hope Wade goes to the Cavs and Bosh gets medically cleared to play at some point/also joins the Cavs.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

dwyane wade is goiing to sign with san antonio and start hitting threes or some bullshit isn't he

god dammit

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

xbilkis posted:

I wonder if Wade is willing to accept a bench role at this point. He seems like he might embrace an opportunity to reduce his minutes, but there's always a weird pride thing about that.

Off the top of my head, it seems like he'd be a pretty bad fit in the starting lineup of any of the Banana Boat teams. OKC could use the extra body the most, but he's probably the straw that breaks the camel's back in a hypothetical Russ/Wade/George/Melo grouping

i don't see how he starts, health permitting, on any of the teams he's reportedly interested in

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oh, man, is he going to the Cavs, OKC, or the Dubs?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

He peaked in his first game with the team, what's known in the business as "Pulling an MCW"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People should root for the Dubs to get wade if they want someone else to win

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly the Wade-provoked Rondo "My Vets" post was the highlight of the Bulls' season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(borat voice) my vets

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/912130443251773440

:kheldragar:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Are we going to see a Rose/Wade starting backcourt on opening night

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uhhh I don't know if I want Wade unless he can figure out how to distill his game to the first three Three Alphas games where he was a 50% 3 shooter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the Three Alphas were too beautiful for this world

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bad news: wade blows now

also: wade would easily be the best player on the 2017-18 chicago bulls

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I've made my peace with losing wade last year I don't want him anywhere near my beautiful and pure basketball team

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Just so we're clear the only allowed destinations for Wade are the Cavs and any team in the Western conference.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/912133071020843008

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shear Modulus posted:

the Three Alphas were too beautiful for this world

Thankfully OKC is trying its own version

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
If anybody could make Wade accept a smaller role as his athletic ability declines, you gotta think it would be Lebron. Either that or, Lebron being his friend, he may pump him up into thinking he's still an All-Star player, which honestly he might still be if he was motivated. He wasn't great in Chicago, but I think he still has another season or two of being a potent weapon for a contender if he wants it. Even playing for a complete mess of a team last year and obviously not giving a poo poo about it, he was still an average player.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Glumslinger posted:

Im super excited to watch OKC this year, i mean, how the gently caress are those guys gonna gel and play together? I cant think of a team with that much ball dominant talent in ages

Russ gonna be the facilitator this year. He was just making a point last year that he needed some quality guys around.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

[quote="“Away all Goats”" post="“476732912”"]
Thankfully OKC is trying its own version
[/quote]

That's not the same because two of the OKC players are actually good.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

Russ gonna be the facilitator this year. He was just making a point last year that he needed some quality guys around.

PG also seems like he should be a great off-ball guy for Russ. Maybe they will do more than one Westbrook/George or Westbrook/Melo pick and roll per year now that Brooks is gone

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Reminder that Gar Forman paid over $39 million for one season of Dwyane Wade and $17 million for one season of Rajon Rondo.

He is still employed by the Chicago Bulls.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
God dam, it feels like the 2017 off season has seen more things happening then previous 3 off seasons combined. Slow down, nba i need time to catch up.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Wade returning to Miami to be Dion Waiters' backup is what we all need right now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I'm going to drive to Sacramento* to watch Carmelo Anthony play professional basketball for the Oklahoma City team. What a time to be alive.

*Warriors tickets are too expensive

Come for the Melo, stay for the Farm to Fork.

Seriously though it's a nice arena and area now. Enjoy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think Wade will go to Cleveland to help his friend Lebron get to another finals. Unsourced speculation, but I think he was less amenable before the IT injury and Kyrie departure.

chunkles posted:

PG also seems like he should be a great off-ball guy for Russ. Maybe they will do more than one Westbrook/George or Westbrook/Melo pick and roll per year now that Brooks is gone

I feel like the easiest way to guarantee that PG will go to the Lakers is to make him a Richard Jefferson spot up shooter while Russ and Melo dominate the ball

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

PG is leaving regardless unless OKC somehow pulls off a WCF appearance (that doesn't end in getting swept by the Warriors)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I deeply regret starting a MyGM mode before all these last minute moves

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This is going to put a bummer on Dwyane Wade bobblehead night they have scheduled in January.

Also have to give Wade props for taking this idiotic organization to the woodshed.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

I feel like the easiest way to guarantee that PG will go to the Lakers is to make him a Richard Jefferson spot up shooter while Russ and Melo dominate the ball

That's why he should have demanded a trade to Houston, Harden believes in equal opportunity when it comes to ball-touching

Western Conference meat grinder is going to be fun for sure this year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

All three banana boat teams are good choices for Wade. I am kind of hoping he goes to OKC to form some kind of monster ying to GS yang team

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Who the hell is going to shoot threes for the Cavs until IT gets back, if Wade is a starter? Love being the sole reliable guy behind the arc, combined with the Wade and James reunion tour, would kill this idea of bringing back Minnesota Love.

Edit: I am all for Wade murdering second units and JR starting for his shooting. That would own

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want Wade to go full ring chaser and sign with the Warriors

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

WhyteRyce posted:

All three banana boat teams are good choices for Wade. I am kind of hoping he goes to OKC to form some kind of monster ying to GS yang team

(Pointing at a whiteboard with a marker) Now everyone assumes the fatal flaw of the 2016-17 Chicago Bulls is that they just had too many alphas. But what if...they didn't go far enough

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wade isn't really that good anymore so I don't think he's going to help too much.

I'm guessing he goes back to Miami where he can start and be on a team that is not a complete joke.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Niwrad posted:

Wade isn't really that good anymore so I don't think he's going to help too much.

I'm guessing he goes back to Miami where he can start and be on a team that is not a complete joke.

If it were a playoff game you'd still want Wade over most of the league's 2 guards. His regular season play is deceptive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You shouldn't even be playing Wade in the regular season. You should be keeping him in cryostasis or some poo poo like that and treating him like some kind of playoff boogieman

• Locked thread