Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory and BlindSite posted:

smg stuff

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the blue version until the legendary one drops.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Crucible is going to die imho, save for trials, which might die too.

Backing this prediction. D2 cruce is going to sweat casual players out of the game much sooner than D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We haven't seen IB yet, that was always the one week where everyone played crucible no matter their opinions on the pvp meta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

We haven't seen IB yet, that was always the one week where everyone played crucible no matter their opinions on the pvp meta.

Is it 4v4? Then it will sweat people out

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Holy lol sweet business is hilarious in PvP. gently caress your mida, I have a gatling gun.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah they need to put in a big team battle arcade mode with vehicles and 8v8 pronto. That's the only way I can see saving PvP. Just like how everyone I'm halo played BTB because ranked 4v4 was too intense to just smoke weed and chill with bros

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
That said, I enjoy 4v4 when it's not a stupid game mode. Clash comes up entirely too little. Feels like 75% of quick play is Supremacy and 75% of competitive is Survival. I personally like survival and it's my strongest mode but it seems to trigger the gently caress out of ABGD which puts a damper on any game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

That said, I enjoy 4v4 when it's not a stupid game mode. Clash comes up entirely too little. Feels like 75% of quick play is Supremacy and 75% of competitive is Survival. I personally like survival and it's my strongest mode but it seems to trigger the gently caress out of ABGD which puts a damper on any game

I like survival. You're thinking supremacy.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Supremacy sucks rear end

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
supremacy is a steamy poo poo pile that rewards circlejerk mida team shots more than usual so yeah it's loving bad

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
imagine clash where your kills don't count if the enemy team is teamshotting

wow such great design

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I'm just a casual player but I like Supremacy when it coerces random pubbies into actually sticking together where most of the time they'd just run off and gently caress around on their own.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the blue version until the legendary one drops.

Backing this prediction. D2 cruce is going to sweat casual players out of the game much sooner than D1.

The blue is called the sondok-c it also has kill clip. Comes as a story drop on the vex planet where you rescue cade

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Every game mode except countdown goes to time every time and the fact that they don't see any issues with this is really bad.

Supremacy where the score after 8 minutes of play is 23-25 :shepicide:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Can't wait until the live team or whatever gets to work on strikes. All the strikes are pretty cool and have great set pieces especially pyramidion. They could put the time challenges in but not make it required. It would be good training and if you complete the time challenge you get better loot guaranteed. I also want single burns back or longer prism periods so I am not constantly switching weapons/tactics in the middle of a fight. The nightfalls are actually fun if you plan ahead with your fireteam, except this week is dumb and 90s gay or whatever.

Also set rolls ain't bad I probably sharded 95%+ of purples in D1 before leveling or trying them out. The only other real option is Y3 IB weapon rolls with T5/godrolled vendor gear, which is basically set rolls anyway.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm hoping iron banner weps have their own aesthetic like the trials and raid ones do.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean maybe you need to calibrate your xim

Nah its the lovely tick rate and the loving lag.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao console players don't know what tick rate is

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Every game mode except countdown goes to time every time and the fact that they don't see any issues with this is really bad.

Supremacy where the score after 8 minutes of play is 23-25 :shepicide:

Countdown games can go to time?

How does this even work? The attacking team just refuses to plant? Literally has never happened to me.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

I'm hoping iron banner weps have their own aesthetic like the trials and raid ones do.

They will, they'll look like retarded Mad Max steampunk trash again

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
[quote="“CheeseFactory”" post="“476736857”"]

How does this even work? The attacking team just refuses to plant? Literally has never happened to me.
[/quote]

Hence why I said every mode except countdown?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

every game mode except countdown, he said

if the attacking team doesn't plant, the defenders win

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
in a just world lars would like, catch a demotion or something for how god awful this pvp is especially since in interviews he made it seem like everyone on the crucible team disagreed with his position on making it 4v4 and super sweaty like this

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, destiny 2 is already probably incapable of being a 'failure' but if crucible does not change then yeah the game won't have nearly the longevity that d1 had

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

in a just world lars would like, catch a demotion or something for how god awful this pvp is especially since in interviews he made it seem like everyone on the crucible team disagreed with his position on making it 4v4 and super sweaty like this

Really? Then lol.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the fact they think that quickplay will be populated by anything other than sweaty 4-mans when they practically said that quickplay was the matchmaking wild west just shows how out of touch they are

like they gave the 4-stacks a place to safari pubbies and they really think pubs will line up to be farmed for 8 minutes for a chance at a gun they've thrown away ten times? gently caress off hahaah

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I will say that while there has been lag, it's not quite as prolific as before. Whether that's just because of the higher player pool, I don't know. I haven't had 1/5 the amount of lag issues as I remember.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Hence why I said every mode except countdown?

Oh yeah. I read it as the opposite. My bad.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the fact they think that quickplay will be populated by anything other than sweaty 4-mans when they practically said that quickplay was the matchmaking wild west just shows how out of touch they are

like they gave the 4-stacks a place to safari pubbies and they really think pubs will line up to be farmed for 8 minutes for a chance at a gun they've thrown away ten times? gently caress off hahaah

i dont play curcible because I don't have 3 other friends who have the game on ps4 and i already know crucible is just 4 stacks kicking the poo poo out of people like me having to play with 3 other randos and none of them have mics, i'd rather have fun

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Yeah quick play should be teams of 2 at maximum and only let 4 stacks queue in competitive.

But at the same time they really went overboard on consolidating playlists and having just two options is retarded.

The ideal set up would be:

6/8 man BTB control/clash/mayhem
4 man control/clash
4 man supremacy/countdown/survival
Lone Wolf playlist with rumble/clash/control

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

And they give no insensitive for 4 stacks to play competitive.

The other my clan mates got together to do some competitive, took us 5 minutes to find laggy games where the other team just left and then just chased some gently caress around for 4x 3 minute rounds of survival for a prize of 500 glimmer and a blue gun....

So we just went back to quickplay to poo poo on plebs.

The whole thing is really dumb.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm still playing Crucible quickplay, because I want a Better Devils

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

And they give no insensitive for 4 stacks to play competitive.

The other my clan mates got together to do some competitive, took us 5 minutes to find laggy games where the other team just left and then just chased some gently caress around for 4x 3 minute rounds of survival for a prize of 500 glimmer and a blue gun....

So we just went back to quickplay to poo poo on plebs.

The whole thing is really dumb.

the fact there's no difference at all between comp and quickplay is the dumbest poo poo ever. hell, toss together a reskinned crucible set with different stats, or something, but if they really think people are gonna sign up for comp games when quickplay exists for the purpose of funneling wins to stacks, they're out of their minds

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey 99 percent win rate guy, is that solo or with other people? genuinely just curious

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Supremacy owns. Hth

Iron Banner might be Faction War now and could possibly have weapon forge. It might.

Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

Supremacy was already bad in D1 and making it 4v4 with longer ttk has only made it even worse. Most fights that happen end up with like 6 or 7 kills and only a single tag picked up after all of it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hey 99 percent win rate guy, is that solo or with other people? genuinely just curious

We play togther in a 4 stack from our clan. We all have 98 and 99s.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I tapped out of D1 right around house of wolves and because I had the season pass I basically did 2 weeks of play on each expansion after that only to get bored again and stop playing.

D2 somehow had an even worse story than D1 but it was over quickly.

Im at like 210 light after finishing the story and playing a few adventures and about 10 games of crucible. Also got an exotic engram drop and a exotic quest drop too.

I much prefer the way endgame progression works now and the changes made to crucible are a huge plus.

this is the first game I have played in like 2 years that is actually making me go 'Im gonna play videogames tonight' instead of working on my other hobbies or binging on TV.

so of course Bungie will give in to the autistic fuckers who think they should be rewarded for playing 12 hours a day and ruin a good game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't mean this to knock you guys but the fact there's a 'matchmaking' system where that happens is the most lmao poo poo possible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Supremacy is good in theory because it keeps people pushing into a fight and small gaps.

Supremacy is only okay because players can be dumb and ignore the engrams.

If we'd had supremacy in the felwinter's lie days we'd love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i enjoy d2 because i'm a parent with kids and i dont get to play that much but i can find decent stuff and sort of keep up with everyone and i feel like ive been playing a lot (for me) and i'm 271 but apparently that's too low to do a raid with anyone with but im ok with space wizarding around and just chilling cause that is what games are for to me i dont need to min max anything