Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

It will suck if this turns into purely an anti-Trump thing. (not saying anything against Alex Smith here, just there's a whole lot of this happening already). You need to take a knee if you're ready to say poo poo about institutional racism and police violence or at the very least strongly stand by those that will.

The last thing we need is to let shithead white people turn this into the next Drumpf.

It's been mostly black people talking about Trump and equality. I know Kaepernick started it as more of an explicitly anti-police brutality statement, but it's morphed into something else and it's not because of white liberals that want to talk about Russia or whatever.

I've seen a lot of leftists on Twitter trying to blame the usual suspects for diluting Kaepernick's original intent, but I think you have to respect that most of the current players are very explicitly protesting against our white supremacist president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
man that pick on the first pass sure was a harbinger of what was to come for Oakland tonight. what a downer.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's too early to hit the panic button but goddamn I'm having flashbacks to random games from the previous 15 years.

Hold me

LoL some dumb fucks on Facebook are all "that's what they get for having their ghetto running back dancing on the sidelines last week".

Just lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What a weird, weird game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I just saw this.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/912017502422540288

Clowney is freakishly fast for a guy his size, like maybe other big guys score there but they don't accelerate away that quickly.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Washington did well getting pressure with its line. Good effort by them.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

It's too early to hit the panic button but goddamn I'm having flashbacks to random games from the previous 15 years.

Hold me

LoL some dumb fucks on Facebook are all "that's what they get for having their ghetto running back dancing on the sidelines last week".

Just lmao

it was a road loss to a non-conference opponent early in the season. if you're gonna lay an egg, this was a good time to do it. bad games happen to good teams that aren't the Patriots. derek carr is too pretty for this to be more than a fluke.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Gonna lol when it turns out Carr accidentally ate Lynchs pot brownie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

It's been mostly black people talking about Trump and equality. I know Kaepernick started it as more of an explicitly anti-police brutality statement, but it's morphed into something else and it's not because of white liberals that want to talk about Russia or whatever.

I've seen a lot of leftists on Twitter trying to blame the usual suspects for diluting Kaepernick's original intent, but I think you have to respect that most of the current players are very explicitly protesting against our white supremacist president.

Yeah, the players have been great. I'm anxious to see what happens tomorrow with the owners having a day to process and figure out how they're going to attack this and what the Cowboys / Cardinals players do, or more specifically, next week.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'll chalk this up to the Raiders phoning it in on a road game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the players have been great. I'm anxious to see what happens tomorrow with the owners having a day to process and figure out how they're going to attack this and what the Cowboys / Cardinals players do, or more specifically, next week.

Did I read somewhere that the Raiders wanted to stay in the locker room and the league wouldn't let them? So that's the first step at least.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

cowboys arent gonna do poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cash Monet posted:

I'll chalk this up to the Raiders phoning it in on a road game.

See also the Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, Buccaneers and Seahawks.

What a weird, weird day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

blue squares posted:

cowboys arent gonna do poo poo

I think I also read that the Cowboys have been told that if they do anything they'll be on the poo poo list.

Which is also what I assume happened to the Panthers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

Did I read somewhere that the Raiders wanted to stay in the locker room and the league wouldn't let them? So that's the first step at least.

There was some that applies because to late game scheduling that would cause them to forfeit the coin toss which causes an unsportsman-like.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Who knows?

All I know is the Bills won. As long as they keep winning they can become Satan-worshipping Communists and I'll eat it up.

I'd be willing to overlook child sacrifice to just get to the playoffs at this point.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I think I also read that the Cowboys have been told that if they do anything they'll be on the poo poo list.

Yeah and I think the Jets could be placed in the same category.

For the most part football anchors and reporters have handled this all with much more tact than I would have expected, but the lazy thing too many of them are falling back on is that the NFL is united right now. Bullshit. Shine a light on the owners discouraging their players from speaking out.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

See also the Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, Buccaneers and Seahawks.

What a weird, weird day.

man i don't think the bucs phoned it in so much as their defense got loving decimated by injuries. Keon and Grimes were out going into the game, McCoy aggravated his ankle and was not nearly as explosive, Noah Spence injured his shoulder and was out after the first drive, Hargraves kept coming up lame every time got burned then to cap it off David had his ankle rolled up on and needed to be carted off. it was just depressing to watch.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not watching this dumb bullshit game for millionaires any more, but it's cool seeing every middle class, red faced, chubby white person in america have a stroke at once. I hope they all die.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sector_corrector posted:

I'm not watching this dumb bullshit game for millionaires any more, but it's cool seeing every middle class, red faced, chubby white person in america have a stroke at once. I hope they all die.

good post

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I just want to say that Tony Romo is an amazing color commentator. Also clairvoyant, or simply capable compared to these other smucks they drag in front of a camera these days.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brian Baldinger is really good on twitter folks:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907697822434250752

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

sector_corrector posted:

:911:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

AsInHowe posted:

good post

He's not wrong

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Zeke needs to kneel and put his fist in the air to really confuse people like me on whether they hate him or like him

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Black Sunshine posted:

He's not wrong

actually, he's right

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

Zeke needs to kneel and put his fist in the air to really confuse people like me on whether they hate him or like him

Zeke and Dak are the two who could get away with it even if Jerry sent the order down not to I think.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I don't think I'm gonna watch the Panthers too much more until Shula is fired. This offense is completely unwatchable and I just end up yelling at my tv when we run 3 yard out routes and 5 yard curls to nowhere.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Zeke and Dak are the two who could get away with it even if Jerry sent the order down not to I think.

and Dez

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Brian Baldinger is really good on twitter folks:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907697822434250752

hah, I'm pretty sure Elliot's scouting report said his leg wasn't all that great

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

hah, I'm pretty sure Elliot's scouting report said his leg wasn't all that great

I'm legit wondering if they're going to re-activate Sturgis now once his leg heals up.

Being a kicker would both be really fun but also really crushing since you know you're pretty easy to replace.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
On an unrelated note I'm really disappointed that no Panthers took a knee. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned about, but it just seems like none of them care. I know that they probably got the order from Jerry (which in itself is a GIGANTIC problem) but just a few short years ago people were low key saying the Panthers were "too black" (looking at you Tennessee mom). The Superbowl squad was a really loving black team and it kind of felt like a part of their identity. This team no longer has an identity and it makes them tough to watch on sundays.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

On an unrelated note I'm really disappointed that no Panthers took a knee. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned about, but it just seems like none of them care. I know that they probably got the order from Jerry (which in itself is a GIGANTIC problem) but just a few short years ago people were low key saying the Panthers were "too black" (looking at you Tennessee mom). The Superbowl squad was a really loving black team and it kind of felt like a part of their identity. This team no longer has an identity and it makes them tough to watch on sundays.

holy poo poo lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

zimbomonkey posted:

:crossarms:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

axeil posted:

I'm legit wondering if they're going to re-activate Sturgis now once his leg heals up.

Being a kicker would both be really fun but also really crushing since you know you're pretty easy to replace.
Unless Elliott misses a high proportion of kicks in the next several weeks, I think they move on from Sturgis. To have a rookie with a leg like that is incredible.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Chromatic posted:

alex actually seemed pissed when asked about trump

https://streamable.com/403yn

49ers may suck but at least Alex Smith still warms my heart

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some more musing thoughts about the Seahawks:

- Someone mentioned this was a lot like that game against the Chargers in 2014 where it was super hot and the defense got gassed. 90 degrees and a lot of players were cramping up. Football isn't meant to be played in this weather. No excuse since Tennessee played in it, but I'm more concerned about lasting injuries now.
- Our run defense is really bad and I'm not sure what it is. Everyone looked like they just gave up on that Murray TD run.
- Our passing game finally got going just as our defense started falling apart. Nothing like a quick passing game to immediately put the defense out on the field! Either way, 2nd half Russell was a lot better. He set a career high for yards passing today.
- Glowinski not playing seemed to make a difference.

I'm not panicking yet. If they lose next week, then yeah I'm really worried.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

I want to frame this post and hang it on my wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ever since the ravens lost their defensive identity years ago, i realized it wasn't a defensive identity at all, you see that was a really loving black team and now that they no longer have that identity,

• Locked thread