Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
just had an 8.0 efficiency match

felt pretty good, for a scrub like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Made a UK only Xbox One Clan for Goons as I was having trouble finding anyone to play with given the time zone differences.

Clan name is Eleven Herbs and Space. There's 4 of us at the moment. Any UK goon is welcome.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny 2 is not working for me at some levels. It seems I am more a RPG player than a FPS player and the thing they removed where the things I use to climb to high end content.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 25, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

PriorMarcus posted:

Made a UK only Xbox One Clan for Goons as I was having trouble finding anyone to play with given the time zone differences.

Clan name is Eleven Herbs and Space. There's 4 of us at the moment. Any UK goon is welcome.

They sold about 6 Xbones in the UK so you might be lucky and find the remaing 2 on SA

You may as well join the US guys and that one weirdo in Australia since the lag is still ok for pve

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They sold about 6 Xbones in the UK so you might be lucky and find the remaing 2 on SA

You may as well join the US guys and that one weirdo in Australia since the lag is still ok for pve

suck my weird australian dick

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Tei posted:

Destiny 2 is not working for me at some levels. It seems I am more a RPG player than a FPS player and the thing they removed where the things I use to climb to high end content.

I feel like, from all the influence they could have gotten from Blizzard, they went Overwatch instead of wow/d3.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lmao people complaining about PvP who don't even attempt to play PvP

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Death resets glimmer softcap gained from killing monsters. Might work on chest/resource softcap too but I'll be testing that out soon on my Hunter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mazerunner posted:

just had an 8.0 efficiency match

felt pretty good, for a scrub like me

I'm loving awful and played a 12.5 today. I don't understand how.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

I'm loving awful and played a 12.5 today. I don't understand how.

There are worse people. Also, a lot of "good" players will flip out and panic, making stupid plays, if they get killed even once by someone they view as a "scrub". The other night some guy sent me a hilarious message about how I was a "loving casual fag with a pink fag banner" after downing him like 10 times.

Competitive video games have always been like this, no new tale to tell. It's pretty funny.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I gotta say though, 3 vs 4 in Countdown is some straight bullshit if just for the fact that you still have to play every round till the end even when getting stomped.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's odd, the last few times I've played 3v4 Countdown we've still won

People are bad at video games. I should know, I'm real bad too

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The thing I don't like about PvP is that even if you're decent, if you got a bad team you're just hosed. If I'm against a team that sticks together most of the time (organized or not) and your team just scatters the whole time you're just not going to have fun and you will lose terribly. Chasing down teammates to try and stick together only to ever showup to dudes fighting 1v3 and dying gets old quick.

6v6 might fix this but most games are either stomps either way. Make esports bullshit niche, not casual PvP, I just wanna shoot some dudes in some fun games a few times a week, not go hardcore MLG.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SquirrelGrip posted:

suck my weird australian dick

sʞuɐɥʇ ou

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You still get rewards if you lose so if you're on a team of really dumb people just make your own fun, it's not that hard. Run up to the other team and do the chicken dance.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

precision posted:

You still get rewards if you lose so if you're on a team of really dumb people just make your own fun, it's not that hard. Run up to the other team and do the chicken dance.

Well if it ended on some kill limit of 25 or something it would be tolerable instead of getting shot for 10m or whatever the time limit is

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't really understand why "Competitive" doesn't have any mercy ruling. Had a group of 4 solo queues up against a 4-man fireteam. Two teammates left and it was just me and a pubbie jumping off the side to make this slow rear end game of Survival end faster. We had like 2 kills the entire game during the first round but had no mercy ruling.

Thank God you only have to play Competitive playlist twice per character.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Odd that they made the raid only drop Emporer Tokens.

Wait, other people get loot when they run it?? :argh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lumpy posted:

Odd that they made the raid only drop Emporer Tokens.

Wait, other people get loot when they run it?? :argh:

Near as I can tell, loot drops in the raid itself are much rarer than before and the vendor is meant to be your main source of gear, which is a very strange decision.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

haveblue posted:

Near as I can tell, loot drops in the raid itself are much rarer than before and the vendor is meant to be your main source of gear, which is a very strange decision.

And then the vendor gives you random items for the tokens? What a strange system.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I kinda like it this way. I'm sitting on dozens of those tokens and when I finally beat Calus one of these weeks I'll get a nice pile of goodies for it. Still tho it'd make more sense to have that system on top of guaranteed gear drops after each raid encounter.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The thing I miss from D1 was when they allowed you to choose either armor or weapons from your rank up package. That would be a nice QoL change.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Is the comp pvp playlist a good place to try and get better to actually do trials. Never have had much luck with trials but traditionally not the worst at PvP assuming I just need to play more

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blackfyre posted:

Is the comp pvp playlist a good place to try and get better to actually do trials. Never have had much luck with trials but traditionally not the worst at PvP assuming I just need to play more

Do quick play. You will have more time in a game spent shooting other players.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I don't understand why you don't get a choice between 3 items in rank up packages. I mean, the mechanic already exists in the game in some missions, the only reason I can think of them not adding it is to just be obtuse as possible/increase the grind as much as possible.

Even a choice between 3 lovely items gives the player some sense of satisfaction, rather than the raid vendor giving me 4 warlock bonds in a row after it also dropped from Calus.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Blackfyre posted:

Trials is just competitive pvp that requires a fireteam so yeah. It's not different modes or anything this time.

But what you really need is a group you play with as a unit frequently until you're good enough to win consistently without one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think I'm going to have a free weekend to even try the raid until the middle of November. Someone please give me some hot tips for ditching all my social obligations to play more video games

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't think I'm going to have a free weekend to even try the raid until the middle of November. Someone please give me some hot tips for ditching all my social obligations to play more video games

You're off to a good start posting on something awful dot com

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Norns posted:

You're off to a good start posting on something awful dot com

Good good, what else can I do

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just literally copy / paste Halo 3's PvP + add the Firefight mode, cmon Bungie you guys went from painting the Sistine Chapel to smearing poo poo on a toilet stall door with your own fingers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A PvP mode with all the vehicles and 4x charge on all powers plz

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

all my social obligations

Lmao wtf, who cares?

*Tell your 33yo bud to stop being a 13yo little bitch, no one cares about his birthday.
*Tell your boss to gently caress himself because you can do the job better, and you will not be attending his Game of Thrones viewing party
*Tell your girl she's terrific and you love her and you'll sling that dick double-time later

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

FishBulb posted:

Trials is just competitive pvp that requires a fireteam so yeah. It's not different modes or anything this time.

But what you really need is a group you play with as a unit frequently until you're good enough to win consistently without one.

That's the main issue if I lived in the US I think I'd be fine but seems difficult to find people at decent times for me to play consistently. Even having trouble getting raid groups.

The UK fails me again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So what's the deal with this strike the raid quest asks me to do? Is it a soloable partial like the strike for Failsafe or do I need 2 other 300s with the same quest

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Blackfyre posted:

That's the main issue if I lived in the US I think I'd be fine but seems difficult to find people at decent times for me to play consistently. Even having trouble getting raid groups.

The UK fails me again

Have you tried discord

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Blackfyre posted:

The UK fails me again

There's a few UK goons knocking about here, I even managed to join a group with a guy from the same city as me. Plenty of eurogoons too that will probably be more timezone friendly

Also there's a role in the discord for UK/Euro people

Linx fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 25, 2017

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

haveblue posted:

So what's the deal with this strike the raid quest asks me to do? Is it a soloable partial like the strike for Failsafe or do I need 2 other 300s with the same quest

You need some buddies, it took us 3 tries.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Don't need 300 really, me and two others somewhere in the 290s did it fine. You definitely cannot do it solo though. It's a timed strike with the burn modifiers just like a regular nightfall, have to shoot anomalies through it to get extra time. If you can get to the boss, just wait until it's a solar burn and all use merciless if you have it. We took the boss down from full to dead in 20 seconds, skipping his gimmick orb stuff.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

If you are a women, you can pretend to be blind
Plan A:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/spanish-woman-pretending-to-be-blind-fake

Plan B:
The skin naturally produce all the protection it needs. Taking a shower remove that protection and puts your life in risk. Stop taking showers.

Plan C:
Create a Gofundme account or a patreon account asking family and friends for money to fund a IFV. Then if somebody visit you, make your girlfriend tell you "Is now the time, we have to do it just now" and run out of the room. Then jump with your girlfriend in the bed, making a lot of weird noises, to make the people in the house feel ackward.

(If you need more information:)
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnethicalLifeProTips/comments/6ydhpi/ulpt_plan_to_be_childfree_but_have_nagging/

Plan C will give you a extra monetary stream, while Plan B literally stink. Plan A need a lot of work to pull it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How to make crucible great again: MCGA

1) Choose your own loving game type (loving lol Bungie COME ON)
2) FFA mode. (Why was this removed??????????????????????????????????????????)
3) Re-introduce vehical based maps. (Again, why was this removed?)
4) Space battles with your ship.

So basically: D1 + Space battles with your ship plz. TYIA.