Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m so confused and old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Cow Dude with the Dwight Schrute glasses

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
It wouldn't be grand final week without this argument popping up.

Here's my thoughts:

Cotchin was hurtling towards the ball, both players were low, Shiel got caught but it was a fair contest. The AFL talk about protecting the head etc but that contest didn't involve anyone going in high, there was realistically not much else Cotchin could do as he was in the process of winning the ball (and did so). I have no problem with him not getting a reprimand.

The Sloane incident was fine for me too.

The Ellis decision was a stinker.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EDDIEBETTS 3 votes!

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
These pre-round highlights just remind me how much Eddie owns

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How can that Sportsbet "Will Bruce call the winner special" advertisement be legal.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I hope Buddy wins

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I would legit lol if Dusty polled lots of 1s and 2s all season, but ended up losing to someone who had half a season of BOGs ala Adam Cooney

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope someone who's disqualified gets the most votes.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I hope someone who's disqualified gets the most votes.

I don't, I don't wanna hear about how Chris Grant was robbed for the umpteenth year in a row.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Ban betting ads already

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

boy undead posted:

Ban betting ads already

Yes, do this, also pokies

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

snoremac posted:

How can that Sportsbet "Will Bruce call the winner special" advertisement be legal.

Exactly my thoughts.

Also, holy cow Hawthorn was terrible in the first half of the season.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Howe robbed imo

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

lol, Howe did not look impressed about getting beat

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Jake "Step Ladder" Carlisle

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Both Howe and Grundy have every right to be pissed off at that. The Daniher mark is pretty drat vanilla.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Wasn't nearly as good as his one last year. :colbert:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

spamman posted:

Both Howe and Grundy have every right to be pissed off at that. The Daniher mark is pretty drat vanilla.

I love the file photo they had of Grundy

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
MOTY is fan voted yeah? Howe and Grundy probably got screwed by having their vote split by the Pies fans. Both of their marks were better than Danihers, and yeah, Daniher's mark last year was far better than this years.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

These pre-round highlights just remind me how much Eddie owns Robbie Gray broke my will to live.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Cotchin gets a Brownlow when he didn't actually win it, then gets off suspension to allow him play in a Grand Final.

Paddy potentially about to get a Brownlow taken away from him due to suspension...

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Welp, it's official, 2 Richmond Brownlow medalists in the one year.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I want Paddy to get more votes tho that would be funny

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Waleed Aly just hanging out with the Tigers people. Bloody band-wagoners.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

snaeksikn posted:

The Ellis decision was a stinker.

I don't know about Cotchin, showing a single frame of him bracing his shoulder just means he knew contact was coming. If they're not acting on that then whatever. The Sloane one confuses me, unless I haven't seen it from the right angle that shows it as any more than two players hitting each other in exactly the same way, and Danger just came off worse. Or they both were poleaxed but Sloane argues that he is fine when he's walking in much the same way a yacht might tack, and talking to the third or fourth image of the single trainer he can see, so he might just have no brain to knock about.

Point of the matter is that Ellis should not be playing whatever game Richmond have coming up next. From what I understand he's attending some sort of dance next week? So whatever AFL game he's meant to play before/after that.

I genuinely thought that the Mark of the Year video on the AFL site was showing contenders and building up to the Of The Year one or something, and that Joe had a decent one that they started with that was going to be shown along with some others and it would end with some epic mark, but it just plays that one and stops... okay.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dusty's making me like him a bit

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I loving love dusty

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Dusty rules ok

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Hahaha holy poo poo Dane Swan.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Legit dusty is an example of football really turning a guys life around for the better.

Obvs then you've got poo poo like Ben cousins but whatever

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Dusty is actually less of a gronk than Dane Swan.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The Sloane one looked bad to some people because he sort of raises his right arm and it looks like he gets Paddy on the chin, but I'm pretty sure his arm just flies up awkwardly after the initial contact. I don't think he had a case to answer. Within the current rules Cotchin should go for a week, but I think the current rules are stupid so I'm ok with the rule of football law being suspended and anarchy reigning here.

Both incidents probably warranted free kicks and that didn't happen either so I'm not too miffed about suspensions being withheld.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 25, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So, AFLW announcement tomorrow. I wonder, since the delay have Richmond moved up the list? From reports they had a pretty weak bid going around and were unlikely to be selected when the announcement was supposed to be made last month. They don't bring much to the table other than supporters which was deemed not quite needed with Carlton and Collingwood providing a melbourne anchor for the moment, punt road isn't too suitable as a venue without upgrades and can't play night games. I wonder if being in the GF and an influx of bandwagoners with this season will sway the AFL.

My bet is still on 4 teams: Cats, WC, Norf/Tassie, Saints

Saints because they're redeveloping Moorabbin now and it will have women's facilities ready, it'll also be a potential suburban venue with similar capacity to Punt Road but it has night lights.

Still, they made the decision today and will tell the rest of us tomorrow. Another big supporter base is nice for the afl, but that is also rewarding a successful club and it hurts the smaller clubs if tigers get a license before them.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Whoa, anti SSM ad outta nowhere

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

Dusty is actually less of a gronk than Dane Swan.

Dusty genuinely dislikes the media and public spotlight, Swan pretends to.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So what are they like at the MCG with people taking cameras in? I have a CSC with a lens or two I want to take in, but not if they're going to be bastards about it and deny me entry or try and confiscate it because the AFL likes to have its policies inspired by the Workers' Party of Korea

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I could be wrong but I don’t think you’ll be allowed to use that

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Deloldio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

I could be wrong but I don’t think you’ll be allowed to use that

The conditions of entry specify a professional camera with a zoom greater than 300mm last time I read them, and my camera is neither, but the average Serco employee can't tell the difference

e: it changed to this now

1. not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment;

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 25, 2017

• Locked thread