Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

BMB5150 posted:

At least they aren't putting the :effort: they did 10 years ago for World Challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NG8dy-6Mp0

LMAO holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

BMB5150 posted:

At least they aren't putting the :effort: they did 10 years ago for World Challenge.

Of course that was going to happen on the first lap.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Omg why

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Didn't help they held it during Coke 600 weekend so everyone is camping on the infield road course. Forgot that ALMS raced the road course years ago when they relied on SMI rovals to help them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1abFQHVsThw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I need to see that tried again at dega

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

WOW is all I can say.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

BMB5150 posted:

Good lord. That is awful.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BMB5150 posted:

I never even knew this series existed let alone that configuration.

BMB5150 posted:

Didn't help they held it during Coke 600 weekend so everyone is camping on the infield road course. Forgot that ALMS raced the road course years ago when they relied on SMI rovals to help them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1abFQHVsThw

I vaguely remember this. I also liked NBC's original intro for NASCAR, which was used for that broadcast as well.

Bring back Bestwick.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

I never even knew this series existed let alone that configuration.

It's Pirelli World Challenge now. SCCA's GT and Touring series. It's been around since 1986.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LOL ARCA had been trying like three restarts in a row to junk the leaders and they finally pulled it off.

WindyMan posted:

It's Pirelli World Challenge now. SCCA's GT and Touring series. It's been around since 1986.

Gotcha, that's a name I've heard of.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kaz Grala evened the score for Mosport today on Austin Cindric. :golfclap:

Hearing that the Dillons will both be in races during the NXS Chase makes me realize the "five year rule" for younger drivers should have a provision where, if you make the Cup Chase, you're considered a Cup veteran. That'd eliminate Elliott, Blaney, Larson, and Austin Dillon from those races.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well this took a turn

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Lol that was so dumb

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So through two Chase races, the highlights have been a piece of tape on the 24 and a crash that didn't really change the elimination standings?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/912070682321850368

In case you were hoping for more short tracks and that NASCAR knows what a short track is.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Life comes at you fast:

Richard Petty:

quote:

"Anybody that don't stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period," Petty said. "What got 'em where they're at? The United States."

When asked if a protester at Richard Petty Motorsports would be fired, Petty said, "You're right."

Andrew Murstein, majority owner of RPM:

quote:

However, when reached by ESPN, Andy Murstein, the majority owner of Richard Petty Motorsports, said he would not fire an employee who protests.

"I would sit down with them and say it's the wrong thing to do that [kneel], and many people, including myself, view it as an affront to our great country," Murstein told ESPN in a text message. "If there is disenchantment towards the President or a few bad law enforcement officers, don't have it cross over to all that is still good and right about our country."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/20805201/no-national-anthem-protests-made-prior-nascar-race

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

With the ease and frequency of catching an "actions detrimental to stock car racing" charge for critizing... anything, they both seem foolish for weighing in on the content of the potential protest when they could just say "We will nail to the wall anyone who tries to hijack the sponsors' show for any personal cause" and leave it at that

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
It's easy for athletes in the stick and ball sports to do what they do, because at the end of the day it's profit rolling in, often local communities are subsidizing them to an extent, and really it doesn't endanger the bottom line.

In NASCAR you do what the sponsors say because if the sponsor pulls out you literally can't compete.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I sure as poo poo won't be supporting any driver or sponsor of RPM or RCR.

If that means Bubba, I am sorry for that.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
It is especially rich coming from a guy who had a peace sign headrest during the height of the Vietnam War

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/912284220067893248

junyer good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/912291219400790016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Nascar 2017: clasic NASCAR guy making a left turn

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, RIP Junyer's mentions. But it's a relief to see someone who is a giant of the sport say that.

The ghost of Ol' Dale approves.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dentist toy box posted:

Nascar 2017: clasic NASCAR guy making a left turn

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912276850793213952

Hoo boy, that's a potential iceberg not even Brian France could've drawn up, yet he's probably smiling.

Elitist Bitch posted:

Yeah, RIP Junyer's mentions. But it's a relief to see someone who is a giant of the sport say that.

The ghost of Ol' Dale approves.

That Tweet just made CNN.

I think there are enough people who like Junyer for Junyer that they'll look past or even appreciate it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912276850793213952

Hoo boy, that's a potential iceberg not even Brian France could've drawn up, yet he's probably smiling.

Oh goddamn it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Sure glad Trump has time to tweet about sports between starting a nuclear war and critiquing news broadcasts

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Norns posted:

Sure glad Trump has time to tweet about sports between starting a nuclear war and critiquing news broadcasts

Or the annihilation of US territory.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe threatening the lives of 23 million people should be against the Twitter TOS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

[quote="“Norns”" post="“476745772”"]
Maybe threatening the lives of 23 million people should be against the Twitter TOS
[/quote]

There aren't 23 million people in Puerto Rico.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

God dammit Wicka you know I'm talking about NK lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

wicka posted:

There aren't 23 million people in Puerto Rico.

did you get that Apple TV yet, wicka

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lol @ the people in the Junyer thread taking that as a sign that he's some political force now that chose a side

jesus christ this dumb rear end partisan bullshit is getting dumb

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Norns posted:

"Being suspended for my opinions on wanting to vaporize an entire nation of people is an affront to my First Amendment right. Shameful. :sad:"

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

lol @ the people in the Junyer thread taking that as a sign that he's some political force now that chose a side

jesus christ this dumb rear end partisan bullshit is getting dumb

People in the fb groups were getting pissy because Ganassi agreed with what Mike Tomlin did which he put it out as being apolitical as possible.

Have fun getting sponsors NASCAR teams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

did you get that Apple TV yet, wicka

Yeah I picked it up from the store. HDR is super nice.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Some backwoods toothless hillbilly: "I just heard on the enter-net that Junior is a liberal!"

*burns 8 Budweiser souvenirs*

*burns house down*

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BMB5150 posted:

People in the fb groups were getting pissy because Ganassi agreed with what Mike Tomlin did which he put it out as being apolitical as possible.

Have fun getting sponsors NASCAR teams.

it's just loving stupid

hey America, guess what, people have the freedom to kneel during the anthem

also

hey America, guess what, people have the freedom to fly the Confederate flag

this seems crazy, and contradictory, but it's true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow that's the first time Dale's been good at anything race-related. Please RT

• Locked thread