Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, Griffin was just in that sweet spot between 'buzzed enough to get silly' and 'hammered enough to get aggro' where you got hilarious spite moves like

THIS IS FOR RASCAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Has Travis disclosed where he's going, or does he prefer privacy?

I think on Kind Rewind he said they're still in Cincy, they're just moving from a rental place to a house they bought.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love eps where Griffin slowly loses all sanity and just goes "gently caress it, and gently caress all y'all."

e: Has Travis disclosed where he's going, or does he prefer privacy?

I'm pretty sure I saw him tweet that they bought a house a little while back.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Justin uploads his cover of "Jolene".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oHSuULtoQ

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Justin keeps losing weight, he's gonna have a Harry Styles thing going on.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The unblinking stare as he sings is upsetting

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Clint as DM is going to absolutely unleash all his silly voices without his sons to limit his power and it will be wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There is absolutely going to be a femme fatale type villain and Clint will make all three of them uncomfortable.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Waffleman_ posted:

There is absolutely going to be a femme fatale type villain and Clint will make all three of them uncomfortable.

Modeled after Poison Ivy, obviously

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

This could be quite funny. At first the comedy would come from the boys' discomfort at their dad even vaguely motioning toward the idea of being sexual in some way. Then it would come from the villain's frustration at the heroes continual no-selling of her seduction shtick. One of my favorite recurring themes in TAZ is people who are genuinely scary or threatening becoming frustrated because the THB simply never bothered to be scared at anything. THBDGAF.

I don't remember who it was, but I distinctly remember a TAZ villain becoming so exasperated at the boys interrupting their scary one-liner with a goof that they completely dropped their facade and let out a desperate "What the gently caress is wrong with you?!" I think it was Kravitz.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 25, 2017

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
My money is on Clint making a plot idea off of an old TV reference and then none of them getting it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pastrymancy posted:

My money is on Clint making a plot idea off of an old TV reference and then none of them getting it

My dad'll get it. :unsmith:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Finally, a podcast for dads.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ariong posted:

I don't remember who it was, but I distinctly remember a TAZ villain becoming so exasperated at the boys interrupting their scary one-liner with a goof that they completely dropped their facade and let out a desperate "What the gently caress is wrong with you?!" I think it was Kravitz.

It was Jenkins, the wizard Griffin swore was super powerful but couldn't get any respect from THB. He ended up never casting any spells.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They extended the deadline for the video producer position at Polygon, guess they really haven't been getting good applications.

KoB
May 1, 2009

change my name posted:

They extended the deadline for the video producer position at Polygon, guess they really haven't been getting good applications.

More likely is that their expectations are too high.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If I lived in New York or could afford to move there I'd definitely go for it, I could absolutely be the new Russ.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

KoB posted:

More likely is that their expectations are too high.

"Please include your entire Twitter DM history along with your video essay"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thebardyspoon posted:

If I lived in New York or could afford to move there I'd definitely go for it, I could absolutely be the new Russ.

Why would you admit to being poo poo at games?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Why would you admit to being poo poo at games?

Nah I just meant people would definitely dislike me for some reason haha. I'd be better at games than him for sure.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

change my name posted:

where are you seeing this?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
From what I can surmise from Glassdoor the pay is pretty poo poo for NYC. Who could have guessed!!!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

But how many experience and culture does it pay? I hear that's what millennials crave.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

mikeycp posted:

where are you seeing this?

I was checking the Vox employment page (because I too am unemployed and broke) and they moved the deadline to October 1st.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yeah, I bet they would be getting better candidates if they didn't have to move to NY.

The job is basically a new content creator for Youtube, right?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Probably starts as "edit these polygon videos until you make some friends" and leads into content creation when you pitch your first good idea

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Probably starts as "edit these polygon videos until you make some friends" and leads into content creation when you pitch your first good idea

Yeah, I don't understand why you need to be in NY for that. DOesn't Justin still live in West Virginia?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm guessing if a McElroy says they're going to do something Polygon says okay.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Justin is in WV, Griffin and Chris plante are in Austin, Nick was in SF.

I'm guessing because of the Nick fallout they want a tighter leash on the noob

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, I bet they would be getting better candidates if they didn't have to move to NY.

The job is basically a new content creator for Youtube, right?

There are like a quarter million nerds with video skills in NYC though (including friends of mine who have applied)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Justin is in WV, Griffin and Chris plante are in Austin, Nick was in SF.

I'm guessing because of the Nick fallout they want a tighter leash on the noob

If you have tens of thousands of fans that'll watch whatever you do prior to joining polygon, I'm sure they're more willing to work with you location-wise

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They should just hire dat Bois.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The McElroys are allowed to live wherever they want because they are founding members of Polygon and have continued to consistently produce the site's best content since its inception. I get that they would want to be able to actively supervise a totally unknown random new hire, plus chemistry is likely going to be better if they meet and work in person with the people they make videos with.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone else keep CGI in their podcast list, y'know, just in case Griffin gets a new cohost?

Of course they'd just do a new show whole-cloth.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, you guys wanna Y'hoo?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if any of them keep in touch with Niiiiiiiick. I mean gotta save face, but he seemed pretty chill.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone else keep CGI in their podcast list, y'know, just in case Griffin gets a new cohost?

It's still in my feed in case I somehow feel less lovely about listening to old episodes.

Also check this poo poo out. I bet there's ghosts in this game

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/912436960584757248

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, you guys wanna Y'hoo?

Yeah gimme a sec while I wait for this loving piece of poo poo garbage website...and I lost it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I literally can't remove it from my feed. I clicked unsubscribe and delete but iTunes seems to have another opinion on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

um excuse me posted:

I wonder if any of them keep in touch with Niiiiiiiick. I mean gotta save face, but he seemed pretty chill.

I'm sure — Griffon actually seemed like he was friends with him. I have a bunch of close friends that are real creeps on social media