Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Nah I still am. Ugly ugly ugly. Dropped passes and dumb penalties. They got lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like i got a text that they reversed it and the game was over

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
also my sentiment still applies because fuckign christ 3 turnovers and all the other poo poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I guess I'd rather be lucky in a win and good in a loss but man this team. This game should have been a blowout and it they cannot close teams out, at least thus far. A lot to work on. Dropped passes should be an easy fix but these penalties are already beyond old.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

He was down short of the goalline with 8 seconds left. For whatever reason, there is a rule that within 2 minutes, going from a stopped clock to a running one there is a 10 second runoff. So goodbye to the 8 seconds.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

weird Asian candy posted:

I guess I'd rather be lucky in a win and good in a loss but man this team. This game should have been a blowout and it they cannot close teams out, at least thus far. A lot to work on. Dropped passes should be an easy fix but these penalties are already beyond old.

The defense did a great job keeping us in it though. This is the kinda game we would have lost badly before. Now Matt can afford to not be perfect every game. I dig it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs are loving trash and also every player died.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The defense did a great job keeping us in it though. This is the kinda game we would have lost badly before. Now Matt can afford to not be perfect every game. I dig it.

They did and Detroit is a solid offense, but pass rush wasn't consistent enough, I cannot stand this team in zone defense, and dumb penalties on Tru at the end.

Overall good performance by them considering the turnovers by the offense though.

It's weird, it was a pretty great performance by the team but penalties and turnovers keep teams around.

Oh well, a win is a win I guess.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Serious 180s itt

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Serious 180s itt

Nah

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

So close to a perfect Sunday of Football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm glad the Panthers lost

i don't feel like finding and copying the rest of that post just fill it in yourself

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How did Cam not throw for 500 yards today?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he loving sucks now, he's 100% dead

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

he loving sucks now, he's 100% dead

Like legit broken? That makes me unironically sad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Like legit broken? That makes me unironically sad.

you're tellin me

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

he doesn't practice has a bad offensive line & the other 10 players on offense with him are getting progressively more injured by the week

perhaps it's Shula's game plan to take out all these "weapons" and "protections" the GMs keep adding and hope Newton just loses his poo poo and starts trying to do it all and carry the team again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad ankle, bad shoulder, doesn't practice.

Funchess was open all day. Doesn't matter if the qb can't throw.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Bad ankle, bad shoulder, doesn't practice.

Funchess was open all day. Doesn't matter if the qb can't throw.

All joking aside, what actually happened to Cam?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cam, Jameis, Ryan each threw 3 picks today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Cam, Jameis, Ryan each threw 3 picks today.

And but for a questionable call, we'd only be one game back behind the Falcons. :argh:

Still, considering how the Saints have sucked in September lately, I'll take a W.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Last year probably multiple concussions, shoulder injury and his ankle has been bad for like 2 years now.

His training camp was pretty much being a cheer leader + a minimal pitch count. So he's now realistically had a season plus an off-season injured and not training or practicing and he's lost a lot of his progress as a qb.

The offensive line still sucks so he still gets lit up and he's so banged up he can't practice during the week so any change they might want to make they can't.

Olsen and Benjamin are now both hurt.

He doesn't take painkillers and refuses to take the needle. Which probably affects him a bit too.

I don't know if I'd consider him done but the team mishandled him last off-season. He had surgery way too late in the year to be back for training camp and this is the result.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'm so over this team.

sword_man.gif posted:

gently caress this god drat piece of poo poo loving lovely rear end dicksucking motherfucking loser of a team

Serotonin posted:

Wtf just happened

:lol:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

and? my sentiment stands. the bears defeated themselves and the lions got hosed by the referees. this team is easily, easily, 1-2 without getting some absurdly lucky breaks

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
"i'll take a gross, ugly win over a loss" is a terrible mindset because we only get so many times that we spin three cherries when we're trying to stop the opposing team from making a one yard score

the falcons record paints them as a lot better team than they look

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Trolling assblasted saints fans on facebook for the last few hours and I think I know how MAGA chuds felt the night of the election.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

and? my sentiment stands. the bears defeated themselves and the lions got hosed by the referees. this team is easily, easily, 1-2 without getting some absurdly lucky breaks

Yea, this team still frustrates the crap out of me. Being bailed out AGAIN at the goal line really doesn't change that.

I'll take the win but maaaaaan.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, shut the gently caress up, both of you. The only thing that concerns me about that game is whether or not Julio is going to be okay, and how soon Beasley can get back.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

You shut the gently caress up!

Quinn said he believed Julios injury was not serious. But I'm pretty sure he said that for Vic also sooooo :raise:

They originally put Vic at a month so best case is @NE.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 25, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All our teams are bad :(

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Silly Burrito posted:

A running QB with a good deep ball was asked to transform into a pocket passer that throws short to intermediary routes. They over-rotated into breaking him. He needed more short and intermediate routes as part of his repertoire, but instead they tried to change him wholesale.

Should just move on from Cam if the plan is to ask him to become Drew Brees.

Also, Ron Rivera is bad. He punted today from the Saints 35 yard line. It went into the endzone for a net 15 yard punt as opposed to kicking a 53 yd FG or going for it on 4th & 5 down 3 scores.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

three posted:

Also, Ron Rivera is bad. He punted today from the Saints 35 yard line. It went into the endzone for a net 15 yard punt as opposed to kicking a 53 yd FG or going for it on 4th & 5 down 3 scores.

Lol no way...yeesh

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Yea, this team still frustrates the crap out of me. Being bailed out AGAIN at the goal line really doesn't change that.

I don't know. I think they are moving in the right direction. Hopefully the early bye allows them to digest what has been going on, and they settle down a bit. The Falcons seem like they are just a step off of the pace they had late last season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol no way...yeesh

Yeah the boos came out on that

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

three posted:

I was convinced I was drunkenly reading field placement incorrectly after I ranted aloud about how dumb that was. Then a replay confirmed it and I got to rant about how dumb it was a second time.

That was a bad game. This team is bad with our current injuries. Cam is going to end the season with 60 sacks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Then boos were substantial yesterday.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah. It was pretty sad watching Cam give a super exaggerated slow windup and then not even have much velocity on the throw despite all that. He's definitely hurt and/or regressed mechanically. Sucks but we'll take the win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

At one point the refs incorrectly called delay of game. Like there were three seconds left on the clock.

At first the crowd boo'd shula because that's his speciality.

Upon realization of what had happened, they started boo'ing the refs...in between the next five plays.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/DavidEdwards/status/912334935926693889

If that were to ever go through I'm sure we'd get an immediate criticism on it from the San Antonio Saints FO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidEdwards/status/912334935926693889

If that were to ever go through I'm sure we'd get an immediate criticism on it from the San Antonio Saints FO.

lol

• Locked thread