Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Also the complete inability to convert 3rd downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hello 2-1 club how is everyone

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Metapod posted:

:sigh:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I'm pissed off that Miami scored that absolutely garbage touchdown to make the final score look like the game was somewhat competitive. They need to fill the shame of being shutout by the loving Jets

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans offensive line owns. Those downfield blocks on Matthews' long reception TD and Murray's TD were beautifully executed. This team will be so deadly when Corey Davis gets back healthy.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I mean, the Chiefs beat the Chargers 24-10 in a game which saw Philip Rivers throw 3 INTs while completing only 50% of passes to no turnovers by the Chiefs all game. Then a final touchdown scored during the last few minutes of the game by a 69 yard run. I didn't get to watch that game, but something feels like 'this wasn't a dominating performance' about that.

Boon fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 25, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It definitely wasn't a dominating performance. The Chargers defense kept the KC offense looking like poo poo for most of the game outside of a Hill bomb TD and Hunt long run TD. Our OL seems to struggle with pass blocking. But it felt good to notch a 12th straight divisional win.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I'm waffling back and forth about whether Von Miller's taunt foul should even be a penalty

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

zimbomonkey posted:

On an unrelated note I'm really disappointed that no Panthers took a knee. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned about, but it just seems like none of them care. I know that they probably got the order from Jerry (which in itself is a GIGANTIC problem) but just a few short years ago people were low key saying the Panthers were "too black" (looking at you Tennessee mom). The Superbowl squad was a really loving black team and it kind of felt like a part of their identity. This team no longer has an identity and it makes them tough to watch on sundays.
Source your quotes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans offensive line owns. Those downfield blocks on Matthews' long reception TD and Murray's TD were beautifully executed. This team will be so deadly when Corey Davis gets back healthy.

I've said it once and I'll say it again having a starting quality center is a godsend that allows this line to click

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Metapod posted:

I've said it once and I'll say it again having a starting quality center is a godsend that allows this line to click

Having a top 3 center owns.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Not only should Von Miller not have been flagged, Tyrod Taylor should have been flagged for being owned so hard

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'm waffling back and forth about whether Von Miller's taunt foul should even be a penalty
They were both laughing about it. Absolute horseshit call, but not the reason the Broncos lost.

The defense didn't look like itself, particularly against the pass. I have to wonder if there were mental distractions (especially with Wolfe's comments)

Siemian also needs to cut it out with the dumb INTs

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

It's pretty good! Hoping that the Cardinals and not the Cowboys join us tonight.

18-1 is real.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MrLogan posted:

Having a top 3 center owns.

:hfive:

Alex Mack was one of the best FA signings in the history of FA signings! Having a top end center really makes a huge difference.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Eli Wiggum posted:

They were both laughing about it. Absolute horseshit call, but not the reason the Broncos lost.

The defense didn't look like itself, particularly against the pass. I have to wonder if there were mental distractions (especially with Wolfe's comments)

Siemian also needs to cut it out with the dumb INTs

They were abysmal INTs he had no business tossing though I will say he rarely had a stable pocket to work with the entire game. Still looks like a team that will have some fun ugly wins and some brutal losses that misses the postseason. I won't complain.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

To be clear I don't think the actual players changing had much if anything to do with it. It seems to be more of a conscious decision by management to whitewash the team to keep it politically and family friendly and inoffensive to anyone. This goes all the way back to Jerry telling Cam he wasn't allowed to get tattoos. Now it's manifesting in the team not being allowed to have a personality or do anything at all that would offend suburban white moms. Including kneeling today.

I guess it's disheartening to see my team reduced to a product that we're sold while so many other teams are just starting to remind the world that they're made up of real people. So many teams saw their owners risk alienating their fanbase to make a statement in defense of their team (sure, some statements were pretty loving lukewarm, but still). The last stand Jerry Richardson took was to gently caress the players in the CBA negotiations.

I guess what I'm saying is... that guy in my avatar? gently caress that guy.

I don't disagree with you, but I also had zero expectations the Panthers would do anything yesterday and was thus entirely not surprised when that's exactly what happened.

Anyway, the Panthers are the worst 2-1 team in the league and that sucks.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Saw that 30% of Titans first downs came from Seahawks penalties, is that as awful as it seems? They really need to get their poo poo together.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fenrir posted:

For some reason Ben couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for pretty much that whole game.
I think he's just declining to being a bad QB that gets bailed out by his really good WRs

I hate how bad/eh Bell has been because it just vindicates jagoffs who were bitching about him not starting in the preseason or doing camp

Also :lol:
https://twitter.com/adamkshuck/status/912345594261327872
https://twitter.com/adamkshuck/status/912346859838083072

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Saw that 30% of Titans first downs came from Seahawks penalties, is that as awful as it seems? They really need to get their poo poo together.

I don't know how many of those were for bad o-line play, but I would hazard a guess that it ranges somewhere around too loving many.

Something I've wondered about. We all know that maximizing offensive possession exhausts defenses (as evident on the two seahawks losses so far), but why is that, and why doesn't the offence get exhausted too? Is it a matter of team structure, where all your depth for substitutions is on offense? You've got a different RB for each down but the same corners or linebackers play every down? Just curious why the defense tires while the opposing offense doesn't.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
With all this kneeling and solidarity, Kaep is going to get a starting QB role somewhere, right?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

It was something like 85 yards of penalties against Seattle to 70 yards of play for the Titans at one point. Seattle's was moving the ball down the field for them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kull the Conqueror posted:

They were abysmal INTs he had no business tossing though I will say he rarely had a stable pocket to work with the entire game. Still looks like a team that will have some fun ugly wins and some brutal losses that misses the postseason. I won't complain.
It's too early to give up on their postseason hopes, and I'm glad a loss like this happened now as opposed to later down the line.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

Also one last thing about that Chiefs game: T. Williams and Inman are both playing poor. I was hoping Williams would take a step forward but his route running is as sloppy as last season's and Inman just isn't getting open. Granted the Denver and KC secondaries are great, but they weren't doing much against Miami either.

Allen's still really loving good though after the knee injury, so at least they have a WR who can get open right now.

Allen is incredibly fun to watch when he's healthy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/Couranto/status...genumber%3D3541

Seems appropriate to post this here. It's from the trump thread and it loving rules how much of a child he is

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sign Kaep, Shad

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Someone needs to loving sign Kap to really stick it to Ol' Donny.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Boon posted:

I mean, the Chiefs beat the Chargers 24-10 in a game which saw Philip Rivers throw 3 INTs while completing only 50% of passes to no turnovers by the Chiefs all game. Then a final touchdown scored during the last few minutes of the game by a 69 yard run. I didn't get to watch that game, but something feels like 'this wasn't a dominating performance' about that.
Can't disagree.

I think this game could of been a dominating performance if Andy would stop getting cute with his playcalling and just fed the loving ball to Kareem Hunt.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diqnol posted:

https://twitter.com/Couranto/status...genumber%3D3541

Seems appropriate to post this here. It's from the trump thread and it loving rules how much of a child he is

It's hard to make out what pissbaby POTUS is doing because tiny baby finger.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

With all this kneeling and solidarity, Kaep is going to get a starting QB role somewhere, right?

It was something like 85 yards of penalties against Seattle to 70 yards of play for the Titans at one point. Seattle's was moving the ball down the field for them.

It's unfair to put it all on the Seattle d when it was Sherman getting most of the penalties

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Metapod posted:

It's unfair to put it all on the Seattle d when it was Sherman getting most of the penalties

I'd agree but it's an oddity when the Seattle defense isn't getting flagged every other play for holding or offsides. Mostly offsides.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm still recovering from Washington going from a meh looking team to suddenly looking like one of the best teams in the league. My jaw was on the floor that whole game.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

LethalGeek posted:

I'm still recovering from Washington going from a meh looking team to suddenly looking like one of the best teams in the league. My jaw was on the floor that whole game.

The Redskins are not that good and the Raiders are not that bad, just a weird game

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

The Redskins are not that good and the Raiders are not that bad, just a weird game

Oh yeah this will probably be a one week thing but it was such a bizarre thing to watch after watching a lot of the rest of the league at the bar have lots of weird games too.

Including that guy on the Bears stopping at the goal line that has to be one of the dumbest thing I've seen in ages.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Can't disagree.

I think this game could of been a dominating performance if Andy would stop getting cute with his playcalling and just fed the loving ball to Kareem Hunt.

I disagree with this philosophy. That guy takes a ton of hits and if you give him the ball 20 times a game you're going to Larry Johnson his legs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Can't disagree.

Especially once it became evident that Alex Smith was a Melvin Ingram magnet. I haven't seen our pass rush look that good since 2006

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let the bodies hit the floor

I guess that's the LT way on the ground to the right? How the hell does this happen?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Metapod posted:

Sherman had only 3 penalties assessed against him (one was declined). The rest were all offsides penalties on the defensive line.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

I guess that's the LT way on the ground to the right? How the hell does this happen?

They allllllll tried to cut block, and they all failed. SeahawksOline.gif

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blitz7x posted:

From the first play I knew it was a classic Trap Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I disagree with this philosophy. That guy takes a ton of hits and if you give him the ball 20 times a game you're going to Larry Johnson his legs.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Alex Smith was getting lit up with Schwartz having an awful day and they were tee'ing off on him. Alex is smaller and has injury history, so things are gonna rack up if he keeps getting pummeled.

Anytime West is on the field, it's basically a wasted down. He sucks and they need Hunt to keep clicking. I don't want them to wear out Hunt either, so I think they need to trade for a better 2nd back. West really really sucks.

• Locked thread