Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
There are rare moments where I hope Trump is president forever. This is one of them.

https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/912135483085529088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Queerwashing slavers and antidemocratic elitists is, imo, not a healthy mindset.

Idk was slavery really racist? After all, Thomas jefforson worshipped a black femme god, in between raping his house slave

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
thomas jefferson never once said the n word during sex

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Actually he invented the n word purely for use during sex.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

lesbians...bad?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

White lesbian economists are the black straight male engineers of whites

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

White lesbian economists are the black straight male engineers of whites

:thunk:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Ilsa, She-Wolf of the GS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Ilsa, She-Wolf of the GS

lmao

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

surprise, trickle-down social justice works just as well as trickle-down economic justice does

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Can't believe the germans elected a Greek. Shakin my head.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/912299342559694848

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
[quote="“Lumpy the Cook”" post="“476757603”"]
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/912299342559694848
[/quote]

gee wow if I only had a thinky hand emote now would sure be a good time to post it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

stop. shut up.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

science is so loving dumb it don't even know that the blue means cold

my bathroom taught me that and it didn't even graduate!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
red dragons cant melt steel beams

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Harrenhall was a controlled demolition

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

no, the wall was. it was obvious cersei sent wildfire up there and that's what took the wall straight down, not some ice breath on ice action.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this is so stupid in so many ways I don't know where to start

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

got any sevens posted:

red dragons cant melt steel beams

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

mastershakeman posted:

no, the wall was. it was obvious cersei sent wildfire up there and that's what took the wall straight down, not some ice breath on ice action.

YAMERO!!!!!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Scariest Thing About "IT" is the Misogyny

kind of appropriate how a website named "the establishment" is home to some of the worst essays on the internet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

get that OUT of my face posted:

The Scariest Thing About "IT" is the Misogyny

kind of appropriate how a website named "the establishment" is home to some of the worst essays on the internet

jesus gently caress this is some sadbrained poo poo. i like how she is sorta mad that the loving kid orgy isnt in it because it took away bev's story agency.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

quote:

It’s almost enough to make the viewer think fondly of one of King’s most eyebrow-raising scenes in the book: After the Losers fight It for the first time and become lost in the sewers, Bev initiates an orgy to rekindle their bond and refocus them on escape.

no it's not

i haven't seen the movie and i can be sure it's not because nothing would ever be 'almost enough' to make me think fondly of steven king's preteen gangbang scene

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It was discussed elsewhere that 'orgy' isn't quite the right word, it's more running a train on her

Feminism has gone to some weird loving places the last decade

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

like, there's really no other way to read that piece besides 'preteen girl initiating group sex with a bunch of boys is preferable to a boy abruptly kissing a girl because of consent'

and that's a really loving skeevy train of thought

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

no it's not

i haven't seen the movie and i can be sure it's not because nothing would ever be 'almost enough' to make me think fondly of steven king's preteen gangbang scene
jesus loving christ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

all i learned from the red letter media review of both versions of It is that stephen king is a lovely writer. drawing morality from the works derived from book written a guy who put an underage gangbang into it isn't a moral dead end, it's a moral sewer

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

jesus loving christ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

all i learned from the red letter media review of both versions of It is that stephen king is a lovely writer. drawing morality from the works derived from book written a guy who put an underage gangbang into it isn't a moral dead end, it's a moral sewer

well it took place in a sewer so its a metaphor ~

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i havent seen the movie but i didnt find anything she said overly objectionable. :shrug:

aside from the above but she makes it clear that its a pretty hosed up part of the book in its own right.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

like, there's really no other way to read that piece besides 'preteen girl initiating group sex with a bunch of boys is preferable to a boy abruptly kissing a girl because of consent'

and that's a really loving skeevy train of thought
Getting into :aatrek: territory here, but I can see the logic in it. It's a matter of weighing consent as more important than a degree of an act. I can understand the logic in a consensual teambuilding orgy being less hosed up than a forced kiss.

However I don't think Stephen King intended any of that when he wrote it, I think he was just being a creepy old dude.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dreddout posted:

Getting into :aatrek: territory here, but I can see the logic in it. It's a matter of weighing consent as more important than a degree of an act. I can understand the logic in a consensual teambuilding orgy being less hosed up than a forced kiss.

However I don't think Stephen King intended any of that when he wrote it, I think he was just being a creepy old dude.

Yeah, if you are some sort of robot programmed to mechanically interpret logical syllogisms, it makes sense. But then also killing and eating somebody because they allowed you to do so is better than sending them a text message without previous permission.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, if you are some sort of robot programmed to mechanically interpret logical syllogisms, it makes sense. But then also killing and eating somebody because they allowed you to do so is better than sending them a text message without previous permission.

Mh yes

These are equivalent scenarios

You are very intelligent

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pretty much yes, also thank you.

lol, there's a reason why there are situations where consent is irrelevant, or impossible to give, especially when kids are concerned.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Over Easy posted:

science is so loving dumb it don't even know that the blue means cold

my bathroom taught me that and it didn't even graduate!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Pretty much yes, also thank you.

lol, there's a reason why there are situations where consent is irrelevant, or impossible to give, especially when kids are concerned.

Extremely intelligent to equivocate an orgy to cannablism, and sexual assault to a text message

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just a child orgy, nothing to question here.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Just a child orgy, nothing to question here.
The only reason it's questionable is because an old man wrote it, probably with the intention of using it as spank material. The adult is the problem here, not the fictional kids loving each other.

Also, I don't want to bring this up in order to score a point, but as a way to explain my perspective. I was molested as a child by an adult family friend, and I also played doctor with other kids my age.. One was rape, by an authority figure, the other was consensual and between peers.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dreddout posted:

I think he was just being a creepy old dude.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Dreddout posted:

The only reason it's questionable is because an old man wrote it, probably with the intention of using it as spank material.

have we found The Hottest Take of legends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

extremely intelligent to equivocate a little kid kissing a girl to sexual assault