Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

From the first play I knew it was a classic Trap Game.

It was the exact same as 52-0 beatdown by the Rams a few years ago. Once or twice a season Oakland reverts to a pumpkin for whatever reason

Edit: one of Carr's biggest knocks imo is before any big game he comes out jittery and overthrows a few balls until he calms down. It just happened here that his first few balls overthrown were INTs and he never recovered. The Redskins came out ready to play with some weird chip on their shoulder like we were the Cowboys or something and the Raiders went down with a glass jaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Blitz7x posted:

The Redskins are not that good and the Raiders are not that bad, just a weird game

I think the Redskins defense might actually be really good

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

achillesforever6 posted:

I think he's just declining to being a bad QB that gets bailed out by his really good WRs

Yeah. He's had a number of games like that in recent years. I'd hoped they were due to injuries, but it seems more and more likely that he just isn't that good with the deep ball anymore. Which is a huge issue since they have amazing deep threats at WR. And forcing defenses to counter that would open room for Bell.

He left, what, three TDs on the field by under or overthrowing Bryant and Brown when they'd beaten the defense yesterday?

Odd how I see almost nobody talking about this in the media.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Ware and Hunt would have been the dream backfield, two bigger backs than can run and catch and wear down defenses

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
duuuuuuuu valllllllll

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Yeah. He's had a number of games like that in recent years. I'd hoped they were due to injuries, but it seems more and more likely that he just isn't that good with the deep ball anymore. Which is a huge issue since they have amazing deep threats at WR. And forcing defenses to counter that would open room for Bell.

He left, what, three TDs on the field by under or overthrowing Bryant and Brown when they'd beaten the defense yesterday?

Cian Fahey is doing his thing about that game currently and pointed out a handful:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/912381033269612549

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DariusLikewise posted:

I think the Redskins defense might actually be really good

Really good defense doesn't account for that offensive performance from Oakland. It was an aberration.

That game by Oakland was worse than some of their 2006 games

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It was the Raiders OL that was the aberration. Their interior 3 are the best in the league and the Skins DL were pushing them around like sleds yesterday.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Not really true might be why here's his stats for the first 3 games of the last few years.

2017:

69/110 which is 62.7%.
5 TDs and 1 int.
Mean passer rating of 94.17.
Mean Adjusted yards gained per passing attempt being 7.26.

2016:

35/59 which is 59.3%.
6 TDs and 4 ints.
Mean passer rating of 84.43.
Mean Adjusted yards gained per passing attempt being 6.51.

2015:

67/89 which is 75.3%.
4 TDs and 2 ints.
Mean passer rating of 111.27.
Mean Adjusted yards gained per passing attempt being 10.2.

2014:

67/101 which is 66.3%.
3 TDs and 2 ints.
Mean passer rating of 92.7.
Mean Adjusted yards gained per passing attempt being 7.51.

Last year was much more indicitave of a dropoff than this year so far. 2015 where he was just on fire is actually the anomaly.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/9...delightful.html

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Kalli posted:

Cian Fahey is doing his thing about that game currently and pointed out a handful:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/912381033269612549

Thanks, I didn't know about that feed and it looks awesome.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It was the Raiders OL that was the aberration. Their interior 3 are the best in the league and the Skins DL were pushing them around like sleds yesterday.

https://twitter.com/obee1ne/status/912209893045698560

🤔🤔🤔

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thanks, I didn't know about that feed and it looks awesome.

Fair warning that he's a bit of an rear end in a top hat, is often wrong, and stays married to wrong opinions.

Good source of gifs though

For example:

https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/912312628143362050

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Guess they were teaching him that he'd better get on board the kneeling train.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Jim Tomsula effect. I miss that gassy man.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I really wish the Texans owner would grow some balls and actually fire people when they were bad at their job. Rick Smith will never get fired no matter how poorly he drafts or mishandles free agency, and O'Brien mishandled the end of that game so badly he should have been thrown out of the plane on the way home.

1) Wasted a challenge when the Pats were going to punt anyway
2) Did not go for it on 4th and a foot from the Pats 18 yard line up 2. Foreman was running over people and Watson could get a few yards on the ground easy, getting that foot doesn't seem hard. You then kill a ton of clock, maybe end the game with a TD, and at the very least get a FG and give them only 30ish seconds to march down the field.
3) Did not blitz on the 3rd and 18 or the final TD play. Your strength is your front 7, your backs are trash, you can't give Brady time to throw down field...
4) Did not immediately call at timeout on the final Texans drive wasting roughly 9 seconds. You could have had one to two chances to throw to the sidelines and set up a long field goal try...

The Texans had no business being in that game to begin with, but they had no business losing it either. gently caress Bill O'Brien.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

That agent of Newhouse must have some tapes on half the GM's in the league.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Frustrated posted:

I really wish the Texans owner would grow some balls and actually fire people when they were bad at their job. Rick Smith will never get fired no matter how poorly he drafts or mishandles free agency, and O'Brien mishandled the end of that game so badly he should have been thrown out of the plane on the way home.

1) Wasted a challenge when the Pats were going to punt anyway
2) Did not go for it on 4th and a foot from the Pats 18 yard line up 2. Foreman was running over people and Watson could get a few yards on the ground easy, getting that foot doesn't seem hard. You then kill a ton of clock, maybe end the game with a TD, and at the very least get a FG and give them only 30ish seconds to march down the field.
3) Did not blitz on the 3rd and 18 or the final TD play. Your strength is your front 7, your backs are trash, you can't give Brady time to throw down field...
4) Did not immediately call at timeout on the final Texans drive wasting roughly 9 seconds. You could have had one to two chances to throw to the sidelines and set up a long field goal try...

The Texans had no business being in that game to begin with, but they had no business losing it either. gently caress Bill O'Brien.

Yeah that lack of a timeout on the last drive was a real mystery. We always benefit from Facing The Patriots Derangement Syndrome and I love it to death

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Kalli posted:

Fair warning that he's a bit of an rear end in a top hat, is often wrong, and stays married to wrong opinions.

Thanks for the warning but, like you, I've been a goon since before it cost :10bux: so that won't be anything new.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/912394619324915712

hell, same

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Two years, heck I wish

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Awfully nice of Gase to throw his offense under the bus like that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My thoughts on the Raiders: this is a young team and I wonder if maybe they'd been reading too many of their own press clippings lately and just expected to waltz pass this week?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

maybe the redskins arent that awful of a team and scored more points than the raiders

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, IIRC their o-line has been good and getting better for the last few years, which has been helping Cousins a lot. If their defense has really taken a leap forward — obviously an open question — they ought to be a legit contender.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Sour Diesel posted:

maybe the redskins arent that awful of a team and scored more points than the raiders

They did score more points than the Raiders.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sour Diesel posted:

Your first contention does not automatically connect to your second.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

My thoughts on the Raiders: this is a young team and I wonder if maybe they'd been reading too many of their own press clippings lately and just expected to waltz pass this week?

The game in Denver next week is way more important than this Redskins game. I wonder if they just thought they could roll over the Redskins by using it as a Denver bye week and got fuckin rolled in turn

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sour Diesel posted:

maybe the redskins arent that awful of a team

I refuse to accept this.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i didn't say good

just not awful

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sour Diesel posted:

i didn't say good

just not awful

I'd actually argue the opposite. It's possible they're a good team while still being a totally awful team.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

you guys aren't making my smartass response to NC-17 easy!!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, here's why the 10s runoff on instant replays on live clocks exists btw: (it's at 1:10 the time link doesn't work when launching it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0-33uBx68&t=70s

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i think if you have a timeout to burn in the lions situation you should have the option to use it after a review to kill the runoff

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd murder someone for Harbs to say something like that and also include himself

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

i think if you have a timeout to burn in the lions situation you should have the option to use it after a review to kill the runoff

Absolutely. I presume you can.. if they didn't let the Lions, then whew boy.

Also I think the better Lions argument is that he doesn't have possession of the ball until he's across the goal line. Seems dumb that at the point he's considered dead on replay, it'd clearly be an incompletion if the ball was swatted out.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kalli posted:

Absolutely. I presume you can.. if they didn't let the Lions, then whew boy.

Also I think the better Lions argument is that he doesn't have possession of the ball until he's across the goal line. Seems dumb that at the point he's considered dead on replay, it'd clearly be an incompletion if the ball was swatted out.

i think the lions did have 1 timeout to burn

if the play was called correctly by the refs they would've burned it anyway to run another play, so in that case after the reviews if they have a timeout i really think the refs should ask if they want to burn one if they have it

i'm pretty certain this is coming up at the end of the season with the rulesbros

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

i think the lions did have 1 timeout to burn

Oh, then they absolutely got hosed if they had a timeout. On any other time runoff you can use a TO to prevent it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
They had 0 timeouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

then i am dumb

• Locked thread