Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never beaten Demon's actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

This guy just died to the minotaur demon inlower undeadburg like a newb

i died only once

in the first 2 hours there were multiple ds2 style 'ambushes' that were just enemy spam, 2 really bad boss fights, the capra demon and moonlight butterfly, pretty ridiculous newbie crusher traps everywhere

HolePisser1982 posted:

People rag on them, but demon ruins and lost izalith are both cool, in my opinion

i love big empty flat plains that glow and hurt my eyes and make a constant annoying fart sound and they just copy and paste one enemy over and over everywhere at random, dark souls 1 is flawless

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

People rag on them, but demon ruins and lost izalith are both cool, in my opinion

L0st izalith is fine for the 10 seconds its ruins and not drag9n butts or the worst boss in history

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

i died only once

in the first 2 hours there were multiple ds2 style 'ambushes' that were just enemy spam, 2 really bad boss fights, the capra demon and moonlight butterfly, pretty ridiculous newbie crusher traps everywhere

i love big empty flat plains that glow and hurt my eyes and make a constant annoying fart sound and they just copy and paste one enemy over and over everywhere at random, dark souls 1 is flawless

Captain we are detecting large quantities of cuckoldry in this section

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are the bad boss fights, though?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Captain we are detecting large quantities of cuckoldry in this section

lmao sorry that youre nostalgiacucked, there are a lot of brilliant parts in this game but theres also a lot of awkward stuff that's easy to forget

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so obvious whenever you post about a game on tilt lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking back to the xenoblade chronicles x thread and smiling

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Aw crap, 4 undead enemies betwen fire link shrine and the 1st bonfire in undeadburg...nothing i could do! Game bugs!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

lmao sorry that youre nostalgiacucked, there are a lot of brilliant parts in this game but theres also a lot of awkward stuff that's easy to forget

I played it less than a month ago. Its not my fault not gpt killed by one of the hlaf dozen enemies before the undeadburg bonfire

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is just making me want to play dark souls 1 again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I did forget about the moonlight butterfly tho. no reason to fight it either however

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cool music, IMO

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It's so obvious whenever you post about a game on tilt lol.

i obliterated everything, streamwatchers can confirm. there are lovely awkward parts in dark souls 1 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the moonlight butterfly it's a very moody boss

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a lot more tolerable if you have pyromancy or some fire bombs, and it's not a great fight, but it's also easy as hell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

i obliterated everything, streamwatchers can confirm. there are lovely awkward parts in dark souls 1 lol

The only thing that got obliterated was you by a queer rear end insect for girls

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Butterflys are cuck bugs whilst horned beetles are alpha

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

this is just making me want to play dark souls 1 again

I’ve never done the kaathe invasion covenant path (darkwraiths?) so that’s my goal for the next playthrough

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Pc online is dead as doornails but maybe ps3 isnt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk i just think of the series as 3d castlevania, bloodborne and ds3 especially feel that way. i hated every gimmick boss like moonlight butterfly, ceaseless, chaos bed etc. but i love all the fairly normal stuff like O&S (i still dont think this boss has been topped in the series), im just not a fan of the weird specific things that's just waiting around for patterns.

moonlight is cool looking at least yeah, and i love the music. capra demon is just a gatcha though lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

actually the floor was lit up like a christmas tree and i almost got invaded several times but i think something fell through. it's amazing DS1 is still so popular.

are the demons servers actually down?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I figured, but it’s only going to get deader, so I might as well go for it. I’m glad I got in on the forest covenant while it was still active at least

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they do restarts sometimes where they pick a date and try to get people to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I’ve never done the kaathe invasion covenant path (darkwraiths?) so that’s my goal for the next playthrough

Doing this asap is pretty fun, I did a full run with the darkwraith sword and it's got a sick moveset

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Doing this asap is pretty fun, I did a full run with the darkwraith sword and it's got a sick moveset

You get rewarded with humanities for invasion kills, right? Would it be possible to do the darkwraiths and still open the spider lady gate to save Solaire?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

You get rewarded with humanities for invasion kills, right? Would it be possible to do the darkwraiths and still open the spider lady gate to save Solaire?

i think solaire only goes crazy if you go into izalith the normal way, you can do whatever you want outside of that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

there's no penalty for leaving covenants and i don't think you lose levels either. you might tho

folder
Oct 9, 2016
thanks for the advice kind imps. I want to complete everything because I love everything about this series

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can. theres actually another way to save solaire too without using the covenant which is not to talk to him at anor londo until you enter the passage from izalith and kill the bug like that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally i usually just kill him in the undead burg and take his armour. as much as i like solaire i like his loot more

folder
Oct 9, 2016
every game i try and make a guts/berserk character, but after the ultra greatsword i can't decide on the most suitable armor... i've decided the best look is armor of thorns, and in ds3 that + the wolf knight helm is just :kissingchef:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I like the moonlight butterfly it's a very moody boss
It gave me more trouble than any other boss in the game, because I didn't know it was optional and it appears early enough that I hadn't figured out the weight mechanics and armor having different kinds of defenses, so I kept trying to fight it in the knight armor you get in the forest and just got obliterated over and over when my fatroll and zero magic defense wouldn't get me out of its slow-moving beam that follows you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Maiden Astrea is the most feelsy boss in the series

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It gave me more trouble than any other boss in the game, because I didn't know it was optional and it appears early enough that I hadn't figured out the weight mechanics and armor having different kinds of defenses, so I kept trying to fight it in the knight armor you get in the forest and just got obliterated over and over when my fatroll and zero magic defense wouldn't get me out of its slow-moving beam that follows you.

its actually a pretty rough fight if youre low level and dont have the crest shield or something like it. its easy to get hit with its small fast beam attack and it can one shot you if you get hit during a roll

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Maiden Astrea is the most feelsy boss in the series

i always thought queelag was. cos afterwards you meet her sister qq

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think I've ever bothrted ti beat the butterfly without just summoning the witch lady and letting her nuke it with huge soul lasers while I run backwards and forwards up and down the bridge

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i might replay this and do a spellsword character. i've never really messed with sorcery before, but it seems like it could be cool (if not easy)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
balder side sword in main hand, catalyst in off hand, light armor and fast rolling sounds insanely awesome now that i'm thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

balder side sword in main hand, catalyst in off hand, light armor and fast rolling sounds insanely awesome now that i'm thinking about it
The BSS is good if you get it to drop, but the best is Ricard's Rapier, because with any enchantment on it its R2 becomes insanely lethal.