Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

im cute posted:

if you can stop eating like a fat piece of poo poo, you will find that carbohydrates are Actually Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

im cute posted:

if you can stop eating like a fat piece of poo poo, you will find that carbohydrates are Actually Good

Virtually any food with nutritional value is good, as long as you aren't eating out of a trough like a fat rear end. One chick at work "My doctor told me to stop eating bread because carbs are bad" I look at her desk and she has 6 empty 20oz dr pepper bottles from today, nah it's probably the 1400 empty sugar calories you ate in <4 hours that is making you fat, not bread.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

im cute posted:

How dare you.

I'm a world class athlete, not some video game nerd.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

they should have put more fat and ugly tumblrbait in their lovely game obviously.

no one wants to play space games for escapism, they want to play as a fat gently caress in a wheelchair who lost a foot to diabetes and thinks they're half sephiroth half demon half fox.

True, but I don't own a pasta press, so I think I'll stick with store-bought, thank you very much.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How's Andromeda as a dumb loot and craft game?

It's on sale for $14 on Amazon for pc

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rinkles posted:

That is still way too much.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hyperbole aside, that's a reasonable price for this game

It's no mass effect, but as a game where you zip around with a jetpack and shoot aliens with a slick and swooshy sci fi aesthetic it's fine, and is absolutely worth $15

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hyperbole aside, that's a reasonable price for this game

It's no mass effect, but as a game where you zip around with a jetpack and shoot aliens with a slick and swooshy sci fi aesthetic it's fine, and is absolutely worth $15

He could get a good game with that $15 instead.

It's not worth your time to play bad games even for free when there are so many amazing games out there and limited amount of time to play them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Andrast posted:

It's not worth your time to play bad games even for free when there are so many amazing games out there and limited amount of time to play them.

Andromeda is an okay game with good points and bad, not digitized Satan.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cythereal posted:

Digital Satan is cooler than ME:A

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I would play a game called digital Satan

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Iron Crowned posted:

Digital Satan is cooler than ME:A

Diablo owns.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

It's 50 hours of average and boring

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Andrast posted:

I don't agree that the game is that bad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

fruit on the bottom posted:

I would play a game called digital Satan

I'm pretty sure thats the subtitle to one of the shin megami tensei games

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rinkles posted:

That really depends on how much you value $14.

If it's throwaway money that you won't miss, then it should be fine. You'll be buying a throwaway game that you won't play.

If it's money that you would otherwise miss, then no. Treat yourself to a better game.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
The problem with Andromeda being $15 is that you can get Heat Signature for that much, and it's a game where you throw people through spaceship windows.

Like, it's an actual gameplay mechanic.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Consider this: You can buy a giant burrito and a full bottle of wine for $14. Is the game worth that?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Mass Effect: Andromeda has the skeleton of an OK game but the actual result of playing it is exhausting

it's not fun except by accident

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

The problem with Andromeda being $15 is that you can get Heat Signature for that much, and it's a game where you throw people through spaceship windows.

Like, it's an actual gameplay mechanic.

You can also hijack spaceships, murdering everyone onboard, so you can use that ship to assassinate a target with no witnesses.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I found the shooty bits of Andromeda to be pretty fun and would say it's worth 15 bucks for that. Just ignore the story. I am going to buy Heat Signature now though, thanks thread!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gadzuko posted:

I found the shooty bits of Andromeda to be pretty fun and would say it's worth 15 bucks for that. Just ignore the story. I am going to buy Heat Signature now though, thanks thread!

That's what I mean yeah. I absolutely had at least $15 worth of fun with it, and you know what? If you don't, $15 isn't that much to spend on a gamble

heat signature looks like a way better game though

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

if you like the core gameplay and multiplayer 15 now is probably alright, the problem is like 90% of the combat in singleplayer is bland random enemies drop from the sky encounters instead of tightly designed levels like in the past so your best bet is multiplayer

i imagine multiplayer will be dead by the time it gets much lower

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

hard counter posted:

if you like the core gameplay and multiplayer 15 now is probably alright, the problem is like 90% of the combat in singleplayer is bland random enemies drop from the sky encounters instead of tightly designed levels like in the past so your best bet is multiplayer

i imagine multiplayer will be dead by the time it gets much lower

Multiplayer is pretty dead right now. I was trying to get into it. Rough to get the Apex missions or daily challenges done.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What exactly happened with the voice acting and dialogue writing in this game? I know it was rushed but this is like "3 takes and we pick the best" George Lucas level stilted.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Arcsquad12 posted:

What exactly happened with the voice acting and dialogue writing in this game? I know it was rushed but this is like "3 takes and we pick the best" George Lucas level stilted.

Ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike while much of Andromeda was being recorded so a lot of the principal characters are non-union actors, not like anybody could have saved this script.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Arcsquad12 posted:

exquisite tea posted:

Ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike while much of Andromeda was being recorded so a lot of the principal characters are non-union actors, not like anybody could have saved this script.

The writing team went through a fair bit of churn, too, from what I remember.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Spend money on a good burg and the resulting poop will be more satisfying than this dumb bad game lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Holy moly, Ryder totally told that gleep-glop rock alien he was gonna gently caress. his. poo poo. up. This ain't your grandaddy's Shepard, boys and girls.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't agree that the game is that bad

imagine being this dumb

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

Spend money on a good burg and the resulting poop will be more satisfying than this dumb bad game lol

I think I may do this tonight

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
post pics of your burg

post the burgenest pics you got

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ryder gave two rides

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Moola posted:

imagine being this dumb

I can't imagine

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm sorry bioware destroyed your brain friend :(

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

exquisite tea posted:

Holy moly, Ryder totally told that gleep-glop rock alien he was gonna gently caress. his. poo poo. up. This ain't your grandaddy's Shepard, boys and girls.

I thought Ryder's VA did fine with that line though.
Actually I thought both Ryder's were pretty solid and Scott's VA should probably be kept around just in case they don't have the budget for Nolan North.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I've seen people unironically link that as evidence Ryder isn't a goody-two-shoes.

It's not just a bad line, it's not just boring (disliking the genocidal space rock monster is well within standard perimeters) , but it's delivered poorly as well. Not blaming the VAs, necessarily, it's not like anyone could sell it, but they use profanity badly. Listen to people talking on the Wire, or Deadwood, and you get a smooth flow. Ryder, meanwhile, swears like he's trying to convince himself his Sunday School teacher isn't listening.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Mark Laidlaw leaving, head Dragon Age guy:

Neogaf: [Dragon Age 4] is still going. There's a zillion job postings for it on BioWare's website.

Edit:

Hmm, actually those have disappeared.

BioDead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That or they're really putting all their eggs in the "We can make a Destiny, too! With Iron Man!" basket and I'm not sure the market has been exceedingly kind to the "me-too" games lately. (I'm looking at you, Lawbreakers)